General chat

Road Runner

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So has everyone who's costuming/cosplaying decided on what they're doing or do we still have undecideds? I'm definatley doing the Sixth Doctor for at least one of the days, maybe both.

Decided. Just a little unsure if it will be finished in time. That sewing machine is being evil!

So has everyone who's costuming/cosplaying decided on what they're doing or do we still have undecideds? I'm definatley doing the Sixth Doctor for at least one of the days, maybe both.

Decided. Just a little unsure if it will be finished in time. That sewing machine is being evil!

Well, that's a worry. If yours might not be ready in time then mine might not be ready in time and then what will we do? Cry on each others' shoulders and curse the people at Singer, that's what.

Well, that's a worry. If yours might not be ready in time then mine might not be ready in time and then what will we do? Cry on each others' shoulders and curse the people at Singer, that's what.

That sounds like a plan to me! Poor James sat in our room for an entire day trying to fix the damn thing. Even going as far as frequenting sewing forums to try and figure out the problem. I don't think he's given up on it yet though <_<

I haven't - I'm more positive than I was a while back.

I had to fix the timing, which was simple enough after hacking the machine to bits - I just have to fix the tension now. Which is simple in theory, frustrating as hell in practice.

But that'll be that. Twiddle the knob until it pounds without making a mess. Then a day for the BDU's and blues and two (three for safety) on the coat... which I've done a few tests for and all the pieces fit.

...and it gave me an excuse to watch some Baker C.

Twiddle the knob until it pounds without making a mess.

Giggity.

Post progress pics! Since seeing your work in person I'm interested to see the process behind it.

Unrelated: know what annoys me? People who feel the need to post everyone they've ever met in their lives in their sig and it takes up more space than the goddamn message. F@ck scrolling past that sh!t every time.

Unrelated: know what annoys me? People who feel the need to post everyone they've ever met in their lives in their sig and it takes up more space than the goddamn message. F@ck scrolling past that sh!t every time.

This x100

Some people just have obnoxiously long signatures and it's really annoying. I don't want to have to switch them off but some are just getting ridiculous!

Knowing me, as soon as the main fabric is cut the pics will start coming in. I'm rather excited. Right now it's at the sketching, test-pattern stage to make sure it's going to work out before I put the actual pieces together.

It's easy enough though - create a frock coat pattern, make the adjustments for the lapels, sleeves and other little tweaks and it's good to go.

Actually... I may workshop blog it...

As for sigs.. yes. I agree. Unless I'm in them - which no sane person would do.

know what annoys me? People who feel the need to post everyone they've ever met in their lives in their sig and it takes up more space than the goddamn message.

Oh dear lawd yes! The worst ones are the folks that have a separate line for each person. Like, if we really cared about your list (and most of us don't), we could manage the "hardship" of reading seven or eight names on a line.

I'd have thought a limit of say 300 or 500 characters in a sig wouldn't be unreasonable.

Hello to everyone on General Chat!!!!

I have been a quite visitor to the forums for about a year and have been to the last 3 Collectormania Glasgow events( i have my trusted pictures of Ernie Hudson, Dirk Benidict and Warwick Davis)

I thought it was about time i said hello to all you fine ladies and gentleman and hopefully join in with your geektasic chat.

I was hoping to go to the London event in July but my new baby daughter has scuppered that! Shes amazing but i would love to have a picture of me and the Shatner!!!!!

Anyway i am your average movie geek......hate using that phrase as it reminds me of that twit on Sky who knows nothing of movies.

I admit i am not much of a Buffy,Who or Twilight fan but please dont hold that against me. I am more of a movie guy, the 80s are my fav, Gonnies, Young Sherlock Holmes, Innerspace, Gremlins, Ghostbusters and of course the big man himself Indiana Jones!!!!! Love em.......( ps showmaters if you can get an Indy guest, even a bit part i will love you forever) oh and i have a very soft spot for Tango and Cash.

Anyway just wanted to do the polite thing and say hi to my fellow lovers off all thing geeky.

Hope you are all having a loverly summer and cant wait to CMG.

Cheers and look forward to some movie banter.....

Craig :unsure:

HAI CRAIG

are u a dentist by any chance who would like to fix my tooth? For free?

Nope, not a dentist alas but i have an ice skate and a basket ball called Wilson so i could see what i could sort out for you.....might hurt a bit thou!!!

PS sorry for using the word "geektastic" sleep deprevation is getting to me :)

Hiya back too!

Hello Craig and welcome to SM fourms :D

Its alwasy nice to see new people join in on the chats on here, and theres nothing wrong with "geektasic" :D

Shame about you missing out on LFCC but am sure u will get a chance another time. Hope to see you on here more often now that you have finaly joined up after all with time!

Not long now until CMG so hope to see you there :unsure:

Andrew M

Hello to everyone on General Chat!!!!

Hello and congratulations for finding the best thread on the entire Showmasters forum.

I was hoping to go to the London event in July but my new baby daughter has scuppered that! Shes amazing but i would love to have a picture of me and the Shatner!!!!!

Damn kids.

Anyway i am your average movie geek......hate using that phrase as it reminds me of that twit on Sky who knows nothing of movies.

Be proud of your geekiness! Wear it like a badge of honor. Unless you're like these guys:

geek-hierarchy-pic6.jpg

I admit i am not much of a Buffy,Who or Twilight fan but please dont hold that against me.

Good. Twilight is **** rubbish anyway.

Edited by MartyMichaels

Apparently once I woke Vicky up by launching into a stirring rendition of the Ghostbusters Theme Song in my sleep... if ever there's a reason for me to discover time travel, it's so I can go back and see that happening.

By the way - should I check out the Gamera films? I was thinking about checking out the Heisei trilogy because of the low price on amazon for 2 & 3... but am somewhat put off at having to import an expesnive as hell Guardian of The Universe. Worth it?

Edited by Turtle

By the way - should I check out the Gamera films? I was thinking about checking out the Heisei trilogy because of the low price on amazon for 2 & 3... but am somewhat put off at having to import an expesnive as hell Guardian of The Universe. Worth it?

Sh!t yeah. Judging by your avatar and the fact that you even know what the hell the Heisei trilogy is, then yes, seek out any and all Gamera movies that you can. They vary wildly in quality (like the Godzilla series) but thy're all worth seeing to a kaiju fan.