General chat

Road Runner

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Jasper and topless Jacob fell down to the floor the other week and I only recently picked them back up..so who knows what went on down there?

thats my kind of thinking :D

I have over 1000 dvds not including box sets and special editions i keep all of mine logged in a book i fear if they all fall down i would be drowned in a sea of dvds lol <_< my sister says if i buy anymore we would need to buy a new house lol

I've seen your Eleven costume. It's pretty fuckin' good, dude. Especially since you're not into the hobby or anything.

Y'know what, I'll do it. I'm hoping to lose more weight by then anyway - so yeah. I'm in.

I can also hook us up with a 2, if you want. It won't be great - probably an oversized black suit jacket instead of a frock coat, but it would do the job.

Anyway, if I may allow myself a bit of shameless self promotion, all this talk of Gamera and Godzilla has reminded me of a list you might like:

http://thepicardmaneuver.com/marty/2010/01/15/26/

Sweet. I'm gonna have a read through that just now.

I really hope the guy selling these (ignore custom Dalton Bond - he refuses to leave the Bond book shelf) is back this year, he had a sweet looking Gamera that I'll want if I like the flicks.

godzillag.jpg

Great Godzilla models :lol: Have you got one of Mothra :D

Edited by carnosoul

although saying that my godzilla dvd dint work when i played it the other day

Real Godzilla or Gino/Zilla?

Great Godzilla models <_< Have you got one of Mothra :lol:

No. Mothra is next, I hope.

So some guy was going to hook me up with Rebirth of Mothra 3 on DVD - but he can't ship to the UK. I wish I had an American friend.

So some guy was going to hook me up with Rebirth of Mothra 3 on DVD - but he can't ship to the UK. I wish I had an American friend.

I may be able to help. Let me send some emails and get back to you.

Unrelated:I was looking at that pic of your Bond novels and cant see the novelisations of The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker that Christopher Wood wrote. The Spy Who Loved Me in particular is a great novel that is , in my humble opninion, better than Fleming's later stuff and certainly as good as Gardener's best. I got 'em both off teh eBayz for three quid and they're totally worth checking out.

Edited by MartyMichaels

I may be able to help. Let me send some emails and get back to you.

If you can, I shall build a statue of you.

Unrelated:I was looking at that pic of your Bond novels and cant see the novelisations of The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker that Christopher Wood wrote. The Spy Who Loved Me in particular is a great novel that is , in my humble opninion, better than Fleming's later stuff and certainly as good as Gardener's best. I got 'em both off teh eBayz for three quid and they're totally worth checking out.

I have them, in fact I think I have multiple copies of Spy - but they have to go on the second shelf of Bond novels, alongside Young Bond, The Authorised Biography, The Moneypenny Diaries, The Raymond Benson short stories and Devil May Care. I love Spy, but Moonraker I can take or leave.

I have them, in fact I think I have multiple copies of Spy - but they have to go on the second shelf of Bond novels, alongside Young Bond, The Authorised Biography, The Moneypenny Diaries, The Raymond Benson short stories and Devil May Care. I love Spy, but Moonraker I can take or leave.

Good man. I quite like Moonraker. If the film had been more like the novelisation it would've been a better film - no Jaws in the opening sequence and no Jaws' bloody girlfriend.

Young Bond: fun, but hardly canon and, to be honest, a bit silly. Feels a bit bandwagon-jumpy what with Harry Potter and that other young spy (Ryder maybe? Someone Ryder?) sh!t.

The Authorised Biography: a fun read, but not something I'd read more than once or twice.

The Moneypenny Diaries: rubbish.

Raymond Benson: his novels are almost uniformly mediocre, and his short stories aren't much better.

Devil May Care: decent, but tries to hard to be Fleming-esque.

Good man. I quite like Moonraker. If the film had been more like the novelisation it would've been a better film - no Jaws in the opening sequence and no Jaws' bloody girlfriend.

Young Bond: fun, but hardly canon and, to be honest, a bit silly. Feels a bit bandwagon-jumpy what with Harry Potter and that other young spy (Ryder maybe? Someone Ryder?) sh!t.

The Authorised Biography: a fun read, but not something I'd read more than once or twice.

The Moneypenny Diaries: rubbish.

Raymond Benson: his novels are almost uniformly mediocre, and his short stories aren't much better.

Devil May Care: decent, but tries to hard to be Fleming-esque.

I agree with almost all of that, pretty much word for word. Except for Devil May Care being decent - I despise Devil May Care, can't stand it.

To be fair, I had decided after a couple of chapters that it was rubbish.

May calls Bond? That won't wash with me Sebastian Faulks, no it will not.

EDIT:

Vicky is watching some kids art programme on CBeebies. This man is trying to convince me that it's an excellent idea to make 'fake books' out of cereal boxes to hide "secret toys" in. He is also convinced that his fake books are ultra-realistic... just look like cereal boxes painted red.

Was kids TV this stupid when I was little? I seem to remember it being better than this.

Edited by Turtle

Cage: will their be enough left over of any of the fabrics for the Six coat that I can make the cravat out of?

Yes. I'm not sure which fabric though. I could probably rumble through that remnants bin we got the collar piece from and see if I can grab something similar(ish) to the link in the other thread.

My grammers all gone out the window.

Yes. I'm not sure which fabric though. I could probably rumble through that remnants bin we got the collar piece from and see if I can grab something similar(ish) to the link in the other thread.

Sounds like a plan. I saw a pic of Baker with his cravat untied and the thing went down to his waist on each side, so it must be bloody long. Measuring that with my tape measure it comes out at the entire lengh og the damn thing which is 60 inches. That's a long ass cravat.

Edited by MartyMichaels