General chat

Road Runner

I need to go and brush my teeth. They feel mingin cuz I've been sucking cough sweeties all day!!

Awww :crying: You still poorly? not nice :P

I better not Andy, I am gutted :o ah well :(

yeah it sucks lol! no pun intended there.

Been coughing all day..but I hope thats a sign taht its going away.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

going back to a earlyer post i loved working in the pictures when stuff like twilight came out , nothing better then to throw people out it was such fun. i had to throw someone out of lotr for screaming every time orlando bloom came on...

i've been thrown out the cinema for heckling twilight. aparently it offencive to call rpatz and kirstin wooden, ( only if your a tree surly) and your not suposed to laugth histericly when people get killed eaten mutilated and your not aloud to throw popcorn at the twimums when there perving on people who could well be there own son....

luckily it was the cinema i used to work in :wub:

aparently they are making 'no screaming' anouncments before the new film ... im tempted to go back and do a few shifts.....

Ahhhh that takes me back!!!!!!

I used to work in the pictures at Clydebank in Glasgow in 1995-97.

Best job in the world.......saw Broken Arrow three months before the US release! Made me a happy boty i can tell you.

It was great when there was a fright scene in a thriller and you stood at the back of the hall and watched all the heads jump at the same time. I seem to remember Event Horizon was good for that!

Best times of my life working there.) i dont know if thats a sad inditment on my life!!!!!

I even enjoyed the bow tie i had to wear as an usher.

I also got to meet Jeremy Irons during National Cinema Day while wearing a gay Lion King costume(the tights left nothing to the imagination!!!!)

He signed my Die Hard with a Vengence Video....Good times...haha

we used to do fright nights where we used to show back to back screanings and the staff used to booby trap the screens and play practical jokes on the guests.

also when that project 9? i think it was the one that was a gameshow/real life doc thing came out there is a bit where they burst in the the cinema screen we got asked to storm in and do hot fuzz type roles down the ilse and out the fire escape ....

i also love the fact that your not aloud to say there is a fire/bomb ect and theres a code ect...

there is no code for getting an electric shock of a popcorn warmer...

Ahhh i always wanted to be in a movie where they did stuff live in the Cinem just like William Castle did in the 1950s..

The best i got was dressing up as one of the cinema mascots and doing kids parties ...not quite as thrilling!

Movies miss that.....alas its just not the same anymore...i get stressed going to the movies now due to all the pillocks that spoil it....( i wish i had an electric seat for all the talkers and phone users) Every time i go to the movies now someone spoils it and i will only tell the to shut up if they are smaller than me haha.....

I love going to the cinema, we need to get a movie theatre in Glasgow like the Alamo Draught House in Austin Texas....a cinema just for friendly movie fans which shows classic cult and nostalgia films......i will open one when i win the lottery!!!!

Well, yours is obviously a carefully considered and well thought out observation, so I personally dont see a problem with it.

It will be nice if the forum just resumes normal service, and everybody can get on with looking forward to the con.

I would have loved to come, but I am in Wales, and at the moment.............skint! lol :blush: So I have had to opt for not coming this time, but maybe next year :WAVE:

Hope everyone has a fantastic time at the show :D

Hi Rhianydd Sorry you cant come this year hope you can make it next year :D

Ahhhh that takes me back!!!!!!

I used to work in the pictures at Clydebank in Glasgow in 1995-97.

Best job in the world.......

I used to work as an Usherette in a cinema in Edinburgh. I thought it was quite boring. It was good to see the films first but Ghostbusters II loses it's appeal after the 400th time of watching it ;)

• 2 weeks later...