Lambourne

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look TommyT, say what you want about me,

Lead me not into temptation...

this was all a joke

Keep your dayjob; you have absolutely no hope of employment as a comedian.

(And for your information, posting opinions on the 'net which are rapidly shown to be rubbish, only to subsequently claim that it was all a joke is a standard practice of idiots and cowards and people who have realised that their (serious) ideas were majorly flawed. As such, you might want to reconsider your "this was all a joke" defence, lest people think you're just another of said idiots and cowards...)

I dont want to be a comedian. I just want to be me and forget my jokes and move on and dont constantly talk about it like you. It dosent matter dont you have anything else to do then just annoy me. Thanks for your concern about me but hay im down to earth your not i can joke about rubbish. I guess you cant.

By they way i was not covering up for my self, it was just rubbish was so bored, most other people on here do the same. But some peop[le like to drag it on. Not any more it stops.

Edited by MICHEALS KILLER

• Moderators

His name is MICHAELS KILLER.

I said we should kill him first.

Do we not see the link? No? KILLER? No?

Fairly sure most people understood where I was coming from but oh well :WINCE:

His name is MICHAELS KILLER.

I said we should kill him first.

Do we not see the link? No? KILLER? No?

Fairly sure most people understood where I was coming from but oh well :WINCE:

I got you very clever but i would not do that to Micheal he is great, i wouldnt hurt a fly. This is going well to far i take it all back.

I and I know a load of other people were waiting for more guest announcements for this event. I would have attended if there had been another 2 or 3 Lost guests but for 1 guest i wasnt willing to commit the amount of money it would cost me to get there etc......... I understand there were not enough tickets sold but I wouldnt go to Alton Towers if there was only one ride either no matter how good it was.

In my opinion this could have worked! Ah well, bring on LFCC instead.

I and I know a load of other people were waiting for more guest announcements for this event. I would have attended if there had been another 2 or 3 Lost guests but for 1 guest i wasnt willing to commit the amount of money it would cost me to get there etc......... I understand there were not enough tickets sold but I wouldnt go to Alton Towers if there was only one ride either no matter how good it was.

In my opinion this could have worked! Ah well, bring on LFCC instead.

AGREED. Showmasters didnt see it that way though. Maybe they would go to Alton towers if there was only 1 ride.

Maybe they would go to Alton towers if there was only 1 ride.

I've been to many concerts where I haven't given a stuff about the support band.

Never mind that I know some who are going to U2 to see ONLY the support band (Snow Patrol) hahaha

(Off topic I know ....sorry)

Edited by scruffy

I've merged your topic with the existing one because the "What's going on one?" has meanwhile turned into a topic about reactions to the cancellation as well. I've also ammended the topic title of this topic here.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Maybe they would go to Alton towers if there was only 1 ride.

I've been to many concerts where I haven't given a stuff about the support band.

Well maybe if this was meant to have been 'Michael Emerson Inc' that would have been fine but seen as though it wasn't...

As Lockdown, the original Lost convention, had issues of its own .. no, I don't think they were willing to do a solo Lost convention.

No they wont do another one, which is a shame as I am convinced that if they actually announced some great guests BEFORE tickets went on sale, many many months in advance the ticket sales would go through the roof. You only have to look at how popular Lost is as a TV show. I am convinced that if done right (to be fair, not how its been done so far which has resulted in 2 failed cons) it could not only work but be a massive success!!

But, Showmasters dont see it like that, for some reason which still baffles me.

In fact next year could be a perfect time, after Lost has finished, many actors I am sure will be available and fans will want to celebrate its 6 years on TV.

Maybe we should start a poll - Who would buy a ticket (or several tickets) to a lost con next year if it was announced many months in advance and had at least 4 of the main lost cast in attendance? That would be interesting to see!

Anyone out there who knows how to do these things want to set that poll up?????

• Moderators

I think they know that they'd sell tickets if they got main cast guests AND early on. I don't think it's a case of them not knowing how to organise an event, but more that they've struggled to actually make that ideal situation happen.

yh we should do a vote? i had an idea though lost fans could invest abit of money each into a pot then we can do are own convention( with more than 1 guest) . Then we could sell tickets and makje money (just abit then we can have great guests) the leftover profit goes back into the lostfans investors. ???

lol it would be good (in my eyes) but you all probably think its a mad idea.lol

As someone who attended LOCKDOWN, and would have attended ABRAMS INC., I would attend a LOST convention in the future.

However, I would be looking for 3 guests to be announced before I bought a ticket.

:P

I think they know that they'd sell tickets if they got main cast guests AND early on. I don't think it's a case of them not knowing how to organise an event, but more that they've struggled to actually make that ideal situation happen.

Nop, I actually think they beleive that people in general are going to buy tickets before several guests are announced. From what they have said in the past, in particular when Jason said that he expected the Gold tickets to sell like hot cakes when the next guest is announced (which turned out to be Michael) and of course they didnt.

I am convinced without any doubt here that Showmasters have got the wrong end of the stick when it comes to why this event failed. They expected tickets to sell sell sell when they announced that Ben from Lost was coming, and I knew all along they wouldnt.

It all comes back to this catch 22 situation. If showmasters see past this redundant excuse and organised a Lost Con with at least 10 months notice including at least 4 MAIN characters announced at that time, then I would put my money where my mouth is - I would cover any losses they made from the event providing none of the guests cancel before the event, or if they do cancel - a suitable replacement is provided.

Why would I say this...As I know this would work...I know the fan base is there and I know that it can happen.

Lets say you sell 100 Gold Tickets at £195

Thats £19,500

And 100 Silver at £125

Thats £15,625

And 100 Std tixs at £95

Thats £9,500

That would be £44,625 revenue. Now I know the fees involved for bringing the stars to cos and out of respect I am not going to post that information on here, but if Showmasters are reading this - You know that its well within that figure for at least 4 main characters and to still have plenty left over to cover the other costs.

I do beleive that more than 100 tickets of each type would sell if good guests were announced which would then give you more income...you know how it goes from there.

• Moderators

Jason already said that they couldn't get a main one before they got Michael, so the point is fairly redundant.

I don't think ANY organiser needs telling that an event would sell better if they had 4 main cast members.

I hope not anyway!

Nop, I actually think they beleive that people in general are going to buy tickets before several guests are announced. From what they have said in the past, in particular when Jason said that he expected the Gold tickets to sell like hot cakes when the next guest is announced (which turned out to be Michael) and of course they didnt.

I am convinced without any doubt here that Showmasters have got the wrong end of the stick when it comes to why this event failed. They expected tickets to sell sell sell when they announced that Ben from Lost was coming, and I knew all along they wouldnt.

It all comes back to this catch 22 situation. If showmasters see past this redundant excuse and organised a Lost Con with at least 10 months notice including at least 4 MAIN characters announced at that time, then I would put my money where my mouth is - I would cover any losses they made from the event providing none of the guests cancel before the event, or if they do cancel - a suitable replacement is provided.

Why would I say this...As I know this would work...I know the fan base is there and I know that it can happen.

Lets say you sell 100 Gold Tickets at £195

Thats £19,500

And 100 Silver at £125

Thats £15,625

And 100 Std tixs at £95

Thats £9,500

That would be £44,625 revenue. Now I know the fees involved for bringing the stars to cos and out of respect I am not going to post that information on here, but if Showmasters are reading this - You know that its well within that figure for at least 4 main characters and to still have plenty left over to cover the other costs.

I do beleive that more than 100 tickets of each type would sell if good guests were announced which would then give you more income...you know how it goes from there.

yeah i totally agree with you on this one. as much as i like showmasters cos the events they hold do have celebrities. i stick with what my mate said : showmasters rob you. which ok, is a bit extreme, but compared to other cons, the cost of things arent exactly cheap. but hey, i like celebs, so i cant really complain. but i do think £15 for an autograph is a bit much.

i hardly doubt a guest costs 20\30, 000 each. so really, better planning for cons is what is needed. more idea of who is going to go is needed also. woo hoo look at me sounding all swish :D lol

im so gutted this con was canceled. i just hope the housebroken one next year isnt canceled. or more importantly..... eternal twilight 2.. haha doubt it somehow.

With all due respect, Duke, you can't KNOW what each main cast member would cost (esp as they've all never done a show here) and if you've never run an event, you're talking out of your ar$e. David Boreanez I've heard from another organiser directly asks for a 6 figure sum. Now that is AT LEAST £100,000. For all we know, Matthew Fox etc are all on a par with that. You need to look at travel, food, hotel etc... and exchange rate. Add a 0 onto the end of that figure you gave and you're prob more accurate.

To the poster above, have you ever even BEEN to another con? Showmasters is cheap and great value compared to ANY con/event in the UK atm. Guests DO cost that much, so don't complain about something if you don't know all the facts. A lot of us on here have been to many cons over many years, so we are much better judges.

Edited by Lizzy

• Moderators

showmasters rob you. which ok, is a bit extreme, but compared to other cons, the cost of things arent exactly cheap. but hey, i like celebs, so i cant really complain. but i do think £15 for an autograph is a bit much.

I'd be very interested to know what you're comparing this to?

Without naming names (as we cant), I have no idea what cons in THIS COUNTRY offer a similar package for a far lower price. They're all pretty standard.

Same with the autograph pricing actually. It's fairly standard across the board these days.

Considering Showmasters have lost money on many events, I can't see how they're robbing anyone. If they lowered prices to something you consider more reasonable, they'd lose even more. I would imagine you don't really know the costs involved, just like most attendees don't.

Edited by DavidB