Showmasters: What is going on?

Lambourne

It has been over two months since the last guest was announced, and over two months since we had any word from Showmasters/Massive Events what so ever. This convention is little over a month and a half away and we still only have one guest.

It also seems as though we are being ignored. There are a lot of posts throughout the forum asking what is going on yet none have been answered. There was a post made in the Bitten: True Blood convention section reassuring them that guests were being worked on and that convention is over a year away, and no one was even asking. Yet here, nothing? Also we were told guests would be coming quicker after Michaels announcement and that Michael's photo shoot would be going on sale after a week.

I made this thread in hope that it may get us a reply and to give us somewhere to discuss in one place rather than in the multiple threads.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been over two months since the last guest was announced, and over two months since we had any word from Showmasters/Massive Events what so ever. This convention is little over a month and a half away and we still only have one guest.

It also seems as though we are being ignored. There are a lot of posts throughout the forum asking what is going on yet none have been answered. There was a post made in the Bitten: True Blood convention section reassuring them that guests were being worked on and that convention is over a year away, and no one was even asking. Yet here, nothing? Also we were told guests would be coming quicker after Michaels announcement and that Michael's photo shoot would be going on sale after a week.

I made this thread in hope that it may get us a reply and to give us somewhere to discuss in one place rather than in the multiple threads.

I'm praying for an answer really fast so that i know if i can order my non refundable Eurostar tickets!!! Or it will be too late because they will have become too expensive!

I think it's too late for many people already anyway :whistling:

Come on SM/ME, wake up!!!

Edited by God L'Eponge

I'm also anxiously awaiting for any hints on what is going on too..only 1 guest (not that I complain about the guest! Michael Emerson is brilliant!) announced and less than 2 months away. I won't be booking flight yet but can't wait TOO much longer.

So I am worried if this thing wil be cancelled? IF cancelled will we get a full refund from our hotelbooking as it has to be cancelled too if this con doesn't happen? I sure hope so! (Although that is not SM/ME's department, that has to be taken up with the hotel of course!).

I'm also anxiously awaiting for any hints on what is going on too..only 1 guest (not that I complain about the guest! Michael Emerson is brilliant!) announced and less than 2 months away. I won't be booking flight yet but can't wait TOO much longer.

So I am worried if this thing wil be cancelled? IF cancelled will we get a full refund from our hotelbooking as it has to be cancelled too if this con doesn't happen? I sure hope so! (Although that is not SM/ME's department, that has to be taken up with the hotel of course!).

From what i read on another topic not that far from here :whistling: hotel should be proceeding to a refund in case of an event cancellation but i guess it's still safer to check with the hotel directly as only someone from the hotel itself will be able to tell you and hopefully reassure you...

There has been so many worries and concerns since a few days... and still no answer from SM/ME... i respect SM for what they have accomplished and for having allowed most of us to meet people we could have never think we would meet one day, but come on, that lack of communication from SM/ME is just giving the feeling they just don't care about people's concerns...

I can't get it... Reading the posts on here about all those people waiting for news to make plans before it's too late, they should realize their event is going straight to the wall if they're not reacting fast now...

That's a shame they didn't yet, keeping posting new guests announcements for other events (which means they're online at some point) but not posting a single word in this event forum since months!

Edited by God L'Eponge

From what i read on another topic not that far from here :whistling: hotel should be proceeding to a refund in case of an event cancellation but i guess it's still safer to check with the hotel directly as only someone from the hotel itself will be able to tell you and hopefully reassure you...

There has been so many worries and concerns since a few days... and still no answer from SM/ME... i respect SM for what they have accomplished and for having allowed most of us to meet people we could have never think we would meet one day, but come on, that lack of communication from SM/ME is just giving the feeling they just don't care about people's concerns...

I can't get it... Reading the posts on here about all those people waiting for news to make plans before it's too late, they should realize their event is going straight to the wall if they're not reacting fast now...

That's a shame they didn't yet, keeping posting new guests announcements for other events (which means they're online at some point) but not posting a single word in this event forum since months!

Thanks for the info, sounds about right about the hotel yes :-D

As for the "lack" of response from SM/ME I do recall we were as eagerly awaiting info on discount for those who attended the Lockdown convention and even though it took some time before that was sorted it DID get sorted. So I have still hope that they will sort out all the concerns here too. I can understand the frustration and concern from ppl of course but for now I have faith they WILL sort this out soon. Atleast I hope so!

Who knows we may be flooded with loads of guest info..lol. I dunno just trying to cheer up the mood. (cheer up myself too lol).

But again, in my opinion it shouldn't be about 'having faith'.

I can't book train tickets from Scotland down and back up again, a hotel for 2 or 3 nights and an expensive convention ticket all based on having faith that they'll get great Lost guests. I did that for Lockdown. Like I've said in another post, I want to meet Michael more than anyone else in Lost, but I just can't possibly manage this without further incentive. A lot of people can't afford to buy convention tickets on faith alone, and I'm guessing this is why not a hell of a lot of tickets have sold. In my opinion, ME should recognise this and add another great guest into the lineup which would sway peoples decision.

Edited by JacknDaniel

I did hear some bad rumours this weekend, but they were quickly dismissed as not having come from anyone official. Michael is such a great guest, if the event were in danger of being cancelled, it would be better to change it to an "Audience with" type thing, or bring him back for LFCC instead. 1 more guest and I'd prob book, I just can't afford it atm for just the 1, no matter how much I want to see him :D

Edited by Lizzy

Indeed, with just one guest, it would be better to have only one full day and maybe a meet & greet and a party on friday. But a complete week-end with just one guest wouldn't work even if its a great guest like Michael.

To be honest, I'm also worried about the fact that photo shoot never went on sale. It looks like they considered the possibility of not going on with the event in case sales were not good enough. Hopefully I'm wrong but it's about time for us to know what's going on.

i agree its not on....people deserve some kind of answer and reply and i cant understand at all why threads are being made in the bitten section talking about booking more guests when this one is a month away and why a similar post has not been added here

We had this problem over in the Glasgow section, and it was all sorted out, as I'm sure it will be here.

They won't have forgotten about you, I bet they'll have an extra special guest up their sleeves, and you'll kick yourselves for complaining!

Fingers crossed!

*Day dreams of Evangeline Lilly attending*

We had this problem over in the Glasgow section, and it was all sorted out, as I'm sure it will be here.

They won't have forgotten about you, I bet they'll have an extra special guest up their sleeves, and you'll kick yourselves for complaining!

Here's hoping! I have my ticket already, it's all paid up so I guess I'll be going what ever happens. I haven't been too worried about the lack of response from SM/ME but I am starting to a tiny but now. For the first time. I'm starting to regret spending £125 on a ticket

Michael Emerson IS Lost. You could argue that Terry O'Quinn shares that role, but either way Michael is a massive, massive coup (no pun intended). I think the guys have assumed they would sell big numbers on his announcement, and they may or may not have - I don't care. I just know that the vast majority of attendees (especially now) cannot commit to an event for one guest - no matter how good that one guest is.

Fair play to Mark and Jason - a Lost event didn't work, so they widened it to a JJ Abrams event to increase potential, and I salute their persistence on our behalf. However ! It's the age old thing were you want to book cheap travel while you can, but you don't want to loose that money on non refundable tickets at a later stage.

It hasn't happened yet, but normally in these threads you get "they had (event) last weekend so they are busy now, but will probably announce guests soon". All well and good, but with events now practically every second weekend (or more) is enough time getting spent on this kind of thing ? And I am not resurrecting the "too many events" debate. Torchwood, Twilight, and Being Human are undeniably fresher and more in their prime than our beloved islanders, but as others have said, why are we not getting reassurances from SM Towers ? Or for that matter, regular representation at LFCC and the Collectormanias ?

Or for that matter, regular representation at LFCC and the Collectormanias ?

I've also wondered that, whether it's that Lost guests are hard to get for those type of events (or any kind of events) or if they decided they don't want Lost guests at them. '06 was a good year for Lost guests.

It hasn't happened yet, but normally in these threads you get "they had (event) last weekend so they are busy now, but will probably announce guests soon". All well and good, but with events now practically every second weekend (or more) is enough time getting spent on this kind of thing ? And I am not resurrecting the "too many events" debate.

Crikey, things must be bad if dufresne is breaking cover :YAHOO:

I agree with you; it's not so much the "too many events" debate as the "enough organisers?" question. One thing that SM has never been particularly good at is delivery on time; as somebody who has learned the hard way at work to under-promise and over-deliver, I find their habit of doing the opposite infuriating, but that may just be me. I appreciate that they're passionate and get excited and at times carried away, and I also appreciate that dealing with at least some artistic talent is like trying to nail blancmange to the ceiling, but I do wonder if they have overstretched themselves, not in terms of events and guests, but in the organisational stakes. I mean, as well as trying to organise these two Twilight mini-cons (and the DVD and book of ET1) for their current biggest "theme", they've got guests for LFCC to organise, plus general signing shows and Autographica, and then all the individual weekend cons as well. Sometimes you wonder if there are enough of them to keep all the plates spinning. I know they say there are, and they say that coming on here to post to sort out problems takes up time when they could be arranging guests, but I think that every event deserves some sort of update periodically, just to convince people that it hasn't been forgotten about. It's too easy for certain events to appear neglected or out of favour, or dare one say it, lost.

I'd have to say that the lack of Abramsesque guests elsewhere might suggest a general difficulty securing them...

I'd have to say that the lack of Abramsesque guests elsewhere might suggest a general difficulty securing them...

Even so, I find it hard to believe out of the three shows there aren't other available guests. But then I guess that takes us back to the Catch 22 from the other thread, Ticket sales = Guests, Guests = Ticket Sales.