Latest Guest Annoucement - Billy Dee Williams

showmasters

Really? Gutted!

I was really looking forward to meeting him, but now i'm not so sure.

It sounds like he is a bit like Carl Weathers... when i met him he was really quiet and didn't want to talk about anything.

Weathers was great both times I met him at LFCC and CM whereas it was a known fact on these boards after C5 that BDW wasn't talkative at all to anyone, even those with intelligent conversation openers.

Edited by nicky

Believe me Nicky the last thing you'd want to do is go to a talk of his. I went to a talk he gave at another event a couple of years ago and I was so bored by him I actually fell asleep.

Have to add to everyone's experiences here and say that I met him and Carrie Fisher at CM - and I actually had a conversation with Fisher, whereas "The BDW Experience" was what I can only describe as "Nimoy-esque". I was expecting it to be the other way around! Carrie Fisher back again please!

i will probably be talking to him about being Harvey Dent in (the legend that is) Tim Burton's Batman!

Good luck with that. At C6 he was pretty tight-lipped.

Legend has it that Burton very much planned to have BDW play Two-Face in Batman Forever, until he lost the reigns because of the combined pressure of a ) McDonalds and Burger King, and b ) the Media asking for a more kid-centric film. Apparently BDW was paid off, and that was that.

Such a pity - Batman Returns was a truly great film, I would have loved to have seen Burton round out his trilogy with Keaton.

Edited by MikeDonovan

not wanting to cause a ruckuss or offense but in the scene in Empire outside Han Solos cell Boba Fett was played by Jon Morton. I have seen many a person with that photo of Lando Vader and Fett and it was signed by Williams Prowse and Bulloch. Still each to thier own i suppose. For confirmation of this just look it up in the Dawn Of The Bounty Hunters book that came with the 12" Aurra Sing figure. As Bulloch was not available for that scene someone else had to play him. I think this is why he played the imperial officer dragging Leia away as she screamed "its a trap".

wow,

bring on more more original trilogy guests. Hamil, FIsher, Daniels please.

Oh and even though he is a regular lets have the Fett as i've never seen him

good call ive seen Jerremy bulloch (fett) but wouldn't be too bothered if he turned up as hes a great guest :(

Plus if you have Bulloch and Prowse along it gives people a chance to get the "that was never part of our agreement" picture signed by all three at the same event.

You could, but actually Bulloch wasnt in that scene, it was John Morton playing Boba Fett (with Jason Wingreen doin the voice, now replaced by Temuera Morrison).

Morton is better know as Dak Ralter, Luke's gunner during the Hoth battle :WAVE:

wow,

bring on more more original trilogy guests. Hamil, FIsher, Daniels please.

Oh and even though he is a regular lets have the Fett as i've never seen him

good call ive seen Jerremy bulloch (fett) but wouldn't be too bothered if he turned up as hes a great guest :blink:

Plus if you have Bulloch and Prowse along it gives people a chance to get the "that was never part of our agreement" picture signed by all three at the same event.

You could, but actually Bulloch wasnt in that scene, it was John Morton playing Boba Fett (with Jason Wingreen doin the voice, now replaced by Temuera Morrison).

Morton is better know as Dak Ralter, Luke's gunner during the Hoth battle :YAHOO:

Funny echo in here, still you live and learn, saved me a few quid!

Chances are Dave Prowse isn't in half the usual recent photos of Darth Vader, nor Kenny Baker in most of those of R2, so I'm not sure it really matters. It's that it's their character that's important.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Chances are Dave Prowse isn't in half the usual recent photos of Darth Vader, nor Kenny Baker in most of those of R2, so I'm not sure it really matters. It's that it's their character that's important.

yeah that right i think

mr prowse signed my vanity fair cover at lfcc and stated some what sadly i thought that i wish it had been me

still cover looks great

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
i really want to meet him! harvey dent AND lando carlrissian!

how hard is it to meet the guests at these events? ive never been before!

Pretty easy really - I have always managed to see everyone that I have planned to meet.

I would imagine that Billy Dee Williams will be fairly busy but if you are arrive by mid-morning and will be at the show for more than a few hours you will probably get to see him. I expect there will be a virtual ticket system for him in which case you will be given a numbered ticket from the crew member at the end of his signing area. You can then go and visit the dealers, other guests etc, and come back later. Virtual ticket queues are usually called up in groups of 30, 1-30 will be first then 1-60, 1-90, and so on. You can go up anytime after your number has been called. Of course it is possible he may just have a open queue in which case there is no ticket and you can queue up there and then. The queue is monitored so that it doesn't get too long so you may be asked to come back a bit later (15 min's or so).

Have fun!

Getting an autograph is very easy, just get a virtual queue ticket, then when your number comes up, choose a picture to get signed, pay your money and bobs your aunties live in lover!

That said BDW isn't always the most outgoing guest you'll ever meet, all I mean by that is if you are looking for a new best friend you might be dissapointed!

I was hoping with the canceled guests billy dee would be doing a sunday shoot also as its to tight with other shoots to get one on sat, this doesnt look likely now :-( so I think ill end up getting his autograph and hoping he (and his crew member) are ok for posed pics, im wrary after my experience with fraizer heines which dented my confidence at auto queing

I wouldn't count on getting a posed photo at the desk. Like Count Fooku said BDW isn't the most accomodating guest ever. Last time I met him he didn't even look up let alone acknowledge my existence or even utter a thankyou - at £20 he was the most disappointing guest I've ever met.

However it's one of those auto's that you just have to get (especially if you have a Star Wars poster!)

See from stories from past SM events, I know not to expect that much when meeting him, maybe a 'hi' and thats it.

But, listening to a star wars podcast, they always have great times meeting him and interviewing him and he seems really fun in those interviews.

Maybe he is a very 'depends on the day and the mood' type guest.

Plus it depends when he gets in, as he was pretty bad at the big star wars event a few years back but that was because he flew into london about 15 mins before his talk lol

Jetlag does not a good guest make.