Never Watched Buffy Before - Now I Shall

TRUKid

Hi all,

Right, as previously stated in another topic, I have never watched Buffy before but am coming to Hallowhedon as my Mum didn't want to go alone and I go to a number of Showmasters events.

I just went to the local car boot and got a limited edition box set of Buffy Seasons 1-7 for £8 (pretty remarkable when it sells on ebay for over a hundred! Poor lady!)

Unfortunately, I don't get loads of time to watch dvd's due to one thing or another so this is where you guys come in!

Can I please ask you to suggest episodes I should watch before the event.

Just reply to this thread with the season/episode number or just the episode name so I can start my mission.

Huge thanks in advance,

Mark

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Season 4 - somthing blue!

Season 6 - tabula rasa, once more with feeling, smashed <3

Season 7 - touched!

season 5 - interventions

erm other eps..

passions, band candy, school hard, dead things

enjoy!!! :)

• Moderators

The problem with a lot of the good ones is that you lose the impact if you watch them as standalone episodes, as you won't have seen any of the build-up etc.

The best thing about Buffy is the character development, and so the stronger episodes in later seasons are often that good because of how the characters have got there. You just won't be doing them justice by dipping in.

Edited by DavidB

Yep I agree, here you're just gonna have to watch all of them from scratch, I can do it in a month and a half and still go to work, so you have plenty of time until October. Have a Buffy Fest with you mum and enjoy! :D

i did it in 4 days :D i like watched it religiously and onli left my room to pee. haha

I take it you didn't sleep either? lol

Nope and only eat the chocolate i got for xmas.. it was a good 4 days ;) lol

yeah I kinda agree you gotta see all of them, It's doable in about 3 days if you don't eat or sleep or go to the loo... but since I'm here I think I can give you a list

Season 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth & The Harvest, Prophecy Girl

Season 2: School Hard, Halloween, Surprise & Innocence, Passion, Becoming Part 1 & 2

Season 3: Faith Hope & Trick, The Wish, Helpless, Doppelgangland, Earshot, Graduation Day 1 & 2

Season 4: The Harsh Light Of Day, Pangs, Hush, This Year's Girl, Who Are You, Restless

Season 5: Real Me, Family, Fool For Love, Checkpoint, The Body, Spiral, The Weight Of The World, The Gift

Season 6: Bargaining Part 1 & 2, Once More With Feeling, Smashed, Normal Again, Seeing Red, Villains, Two To Go, Grave

Season 7: Lessons, Dirty Girls, Empty Places, Touched, End Of Days, Chosen

That's my recommendations, I tried to list the episodes that had the biggest impacts on the series or were really memorable... and still the lowest I could go was 46, and I deleted like 10 off my original list so you can tell how long it was. I hope this helps

Edited by Aussieman

I'm trying to think of random eps, but they just wouldn't make sense on their own... Bit the bullet and watch them all!

158 days until the con (worked it out :( )

144 eps of Buffy in total.

1 a night and 14 nights of rest!

• Moderators

See I look at some of the stuff that's listed, and while I agree they are very memorable and impactful, I can't see how many of them stand up as standalone episodes.

I personally think you'd be missing out on so much by watching stuff like Becoming and The Gift etc without having the backstory or emotional connection with the characters that regular viewers would have.

First off - if you can watch them all trust me you will not regret it

And secondly wow £8 that's a bargain!! :P

Anyways top episodes you should definitely watch

Season 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth, Harvest, Angel, Prophecy Girl

Season 2: School Hard, Passions, Surprise, Innocence, What's my line part one and two, Becoming parts one and two

Season 3: Band Candy, Lovers Walk, Prom Graduation day part one and two

Season 4: Something Blue, Hush, Pangs

Season 5: Most of the them especially the last three episodes

And then mos of the 6th and 7th season :P

Happy Watching!

I can help with the best episodes:

1. Buffy Vs Dracula*

2. Earshot*

3. Go Fish*

4. Once More with Feeling*

5. The Gift

6. Chosen

7. Dopplegangland

8. Prophecy Girl*

9. Graduation Day Part 2

10. Touched

*Good to watch if you havem't seen the rest of the series. Better to watch the others with the series.

Edited by Daniel

The first episodes I ever watched were Season Two's Surprise, Innocence, and Becoming Parts 1 & 2. I'd never seen it before but got all the impact from the episodes, and immediately started watching it properly.

Those are definitely the four episodes you should watch.

WOW!! You are so so so so lucky ... to be able to watch all of Buffy in one go having never seen it - WOW! You are in for a treat!

I really really do recommend you watch the entire thing though, not just pick out episodes - you're going to lose SO much by doing that! It's an amazing show and you need to watch it all through to get its full impact. I dont think time will be an issue - you'll get so hooked you'll make time!

• Moderators

I really think you'd be ruining certain episodes for yourself if you just jumped straight into them. You won't do the episodes justice, and you'll be missing out on some of the most emotional and powerful episodes of ANY TV show I've ever seen.

You never get a second chance to view an episode for the first time and be touched or shocked in that way again.

I really think you'd be ruining certain episodes for yourself if you just jumped straight into them. You won't do the episodes justice, and you'll be missing out on some of the most emotional and powerful episodes of ANY TV show I've ever seen.

You never get a second chance to view an episode for the first time and be touched or shocked in that way again.

I guess you're coming to this shindig then?