Guest Announcement Janet Ellis

• Showmasters Admin

Janet Ellis

Doctor Who The Horns of Nimon playing Teka

The Sweeney Susie in Hard Men

Blue Peter (TV series) - Herself Presenter

Jigsaw (TV series) - Herself - Presenter (1979-1983)

The Wright Stuff (TV series) - Herself

Janet is an accomplished presenter and actress who shot to fame as the presenter of Blue Peter, where, for four years, she did everything from jumping out of planes to singing in Last Night of the Proms. Sticky-backed plastic was also involved.

janetellis.jpg

ardjig.jpgpeter460.jpg

article-1077948-0016B35C00000258-489_468x355.jpg

Janet-Ellis-800x600-70kb-media-4092-media-121519-1189108545.jpg

1986lendaneartotaliserr-3126.jpgBOOKBG497.jpg

http://imdb.com/name/nm0254890/

mmmmm Janet Ellis, back in the day i use to have a bit of a thing for her.

Lol you and every other bloke over the age of 5 :P I have no idea what I'd take to get signed, but will definitely be looking forward to meeting her - and I can see myself getting a bit tongue-tied without a doubt!

Just from reading through the comments by some of you ...er...gentlemen, I think Janet Ellis fits in fine! She appears to be a fantasy, or at least was to many. So there you go, perfect for the SciFi/fantasy theme of LFCC. :whistling:

Personally I'm really happy to see Janet added to LFCC. If you don't personally like a particular guest, just dont go and see them. One think LFCC it great as is having a wide range of guests, and this just proves that!

Edited by showmasters

but what SF/fantasy films of serials has really been in, putting aside her one and only Dr Who appearance?

Please, some tell me that I am not alone in this. :(

Well I already have Janet as she signed for the video of her Dr Who story, but it would be great if Sarah Greene could go, her one is out on DVD now.

Janet Ellis, she may not have been in any films, and she may not have been in much 'genre' work, but for 'people of a certain age' (I clarify that because some people here wouldn't have been born when she left Blue Peter!) she was an important figure. Now some of that might be because she was in a show that people watched at that age, and that brings back good memories of their childhood... another side of it might be the fact that she was as fit as a butchers pencil - and to be honest for most men of that age it's probably a mixture of the two.

I agree with Mike here... while she isn't the first person I'd think of for a film & comic con (as the title suggests), she is a well-known name none-the-less, so I am sure everyone will welcome her to the event... I loved her on Blue Peter & have never met her before, so will be getting her auto for sure. :D

• Showmasters Admin

Thank you Mike for that well written post.

This is exactly the point that the Guideline is making. At the end of the day a guest announcement thread is here to "announce" a guest. For attendees to ask question about them and to show their support.

It is so much the old saying "If you don't have something nice to say, say nothing at all!". And that's the way we feel about these guest announcement threads.

cant see a problem with her being here, sure her main thing was Blue Peter but she did one episode of Dr Who, 2 seconds of screen time in the background of one Star Wars films is enough to justify some guests attendence at a show so why not Janet too

I tell you what though lol, I still have no idea what I'd ask her to sign! I guess a Blue Peter annual is the obvious one. I did a quick google, and to be honest I'm not sure I've got the front to ask her to sign this : -

naked_ellis_02.jpg

I suppose I won't be the only one though. Safety in numbers!

Mike, that exact same image caught my attention when I did a search … great minds and all that lol.

Will have to see what’s on offer at the show, its going to be difficult to find anything elsewhere I think. I was thinking of taking in some old toilet rolls and sticky back plastic and ask her to make me something.

awwwwwwwwwwww good old janet ellis - who can forget this classic blue peter moment:

I saw Les ferdinand on the tv a few months ago saying it wasn't him and dennis wise as had been previousley rumoured.

im gonna ask janet if she had a thing for percy the gardner! hahaha

but great guest sms someone a bit different

I like The Wright Stuff - good show, I worked on it a few times (though not with Janet) a few years ago and didn't realise that she was ex-Blue Peter till now.

She (Janet Ellis) just didn't seem to fit in with the 'film and comic' theme of the event.
But SlippDigby, surely you know by now that we often get guests like this? She's not the first and wont be the last? If this was LFCC 2004 I'd be thinking the same as you but now it's just expected. Edited by nicky

• 2 weeks later...