• Yes!!
    • Not this time...
    • Not sure yet!
  2. 2. If you are going, which days?

• Saturday
    • Sunday
    • Both
    • Not going...

Ok, this is a positive thread here people!! We all know some on here aren't happy with this show for one reason or another... but this is not the thread to discuss that.

I want to know who IS going this weekend, as I am with a friend who is new to the Collectormania world! I've been desperate to see Vaughn for ages, and I want to meet Dirk for my brother... and I'm going on Saturday.

So I'm looking forward to it, and I want to know who on here I can say hi to/ can say hi to me :YAHOO: (Seriously, if you see me say hi- I don't bite, I'm just bad at recognising people lol!!)

xXx

I havent decided yet...

i want to meet Dirk and Mike Edmunds but... it takes a while to drive up and back which costs money so it really depends on whether i care about that more than i care about meeting people.

if i go then Sunday will probably be a better day for me to go as i have plans Saturday evening

Im def going with the gf tomoz.

Ill be posting a pic later of myself and my GF so if anyone wants to pull a face or stick their tongue out at me feel free.

My pics in my profile n places on here... oh n technically my Av is me too lol... come say hi if u dare hehe :YAHOO:

Not decided yet. If I do go it will be on Sunday for the Aliens guests.

After looking at the train schedule, it looks a bit awkward getting there so I'll probably leave it. Shame.

Edited by Manbeast

Im going tomorrow as it's a short journey from Birmingham for me and my mates.

Not going for any guests just the dealers this time.

It's more of a day with me and the lads away from the wives and kids and getting tanked up in Coventry afterwards.

Ill be posting a pic later of myself and my GF so if anyone wants to pull a face or stick their tongue out at me feel free.

Yeah, I'll come do that and will try to spot Lizzy too (though I dont think your pic is that clear). I'm there both days but will be sitting at the back of the talks alot of the time (I wont have any Qs this time and not going to the Bond/HP ones) and only gonna meet 4 guests.

Edited by nicky

I'll definately be going tomorrow. I mean, it's not like guests are the ONLY reason to go. I think some people tend to forget there's other reasons. Some just go to buy things for example, and others might just go for the Cosplay side of things. I know I'll have an excellent weekend...well, Saturday!

Yeah, I'll come do that and will try to spot Lizzy too (though I dont think your pic is that clear). I'm there both days but will be sitting at the back of the talks alot of the time (I wont have any Qs this time and not going to the Bond/HP ones) and only gonna meet 4 guests.

Yes! Nicky deff try and find me this time! I'll be there tomorrow morning 100% and meeting Vaughn and Dirk... not sure bout any talks yet.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3464...mp;id=510465684

^^ Thats a link to my most recent album of show pics/ me with people on facebook- you should be able to look even without an account. And my bf can't make it this time, so I'll be with me friend whos a 6 foot plus Sikh, and hes really not hard to miss lol!!

xx

Edited by Lizzy

I will definitely be going. I've been looking forward to it for weeks.

Lizzy - Will be good to a face to people's names. Hopefully I might see some people off the SM forums this time, Lizzy and Nicky. I'll remember your face now. I will say I'm Rich.

Will it still be possible to buy an early bird ticket on the door (entry between 9 am and 11 am) on Saturday?

I'm wondering whether to get there for around 9 am or leave it till towards 10 or 11 am. The feeling has been that it will be quiet, but I'm not taking anything for granted. I think it will be as crammed and busy as at the Mk.

I hope there will be somewhere in the hall where you can sit down inbetween getting autographs. I wish there were chairs at the guest tables so you can sit down and speak to the guests rather than standing up when talking to the guests. After seeing so many guests your knees start to ache a bit when getting the stuff you want signed out of your bag etc. Also my nerves get the better of me at these events and I panic when going up to the guests. Nine times out of ten I say "hi there". But I'm getting fed up of saying that, but what else do you say to the guests before you start asking them questions, asking them if they have any anecdotes and saying what shows or films you liked?

Edited by SunSpeed

Hi Lizzy

Im there sat with my other half Steve.

LOL if ur friend is that tall then sure we wont miss him...be looking for a 6ft Sikh now lol.

If i see u will say hi, and instead of explaining ARATZAT, i will say TAZ or TARA.....

Not sure what i will be wearing but STeve be in a black Trilby no doubt, and he shorter than me.

CU there i hope

Tara/Taz

I'm taking my mum to her first convention ;) on the Saturday... when I told her Richard Dreyfuss had cancelled, she said oh good, I said what do you mean oh good? She said well I was a bit nervous about the photoshoot thing any way....other people can't see you when you're being photographed can they? I said well only the people in the queue behind you ;)... but don't worry mother you're being photographed with Dirk instead ;)....

On a serious note, it would be great to say hi to any forum members who are around... a description of me... very long hair and I'll be wearing a Kylie Minogue 'X' black top with her album picture on the front... you can't miss it ;)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Matt :)

I'm a NOT on this occasion unfortunately,no-one i'm interested in meeting and because there wasn't that many dealers at the last Coventry event that were of interest to me,there's little point me going for them either.

Pity as i am free to go to this one,and have the money to spend,but that's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes i guess ;)

Anyways,i hope you rabble have a good weekend and look forward to hearing and seeing all about it afterwards....have fun guys! ;)

I'm not going today in the end cos friend can't make it and boiler has decided to pack up :D So I'm just going on my own probs tomorrow! I've emailed SM to see if I can transfer my ticket, but I'll most likely not get a reply so I'll just ask in the queue!