Latest Guest Announcement - Dania Ramirez

• Showmasters Admin

We are pleased to announce that the latest guest for Eclipse 2 is Dania Ramirez who plays Maya in Heroes! :unsure:

She also played Callisto in X Men The Last Stand and Caridad in Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

We had already announced this but due to forum Gremlins it disappeared so here it is again! :D

dania-ramirez-heroes-2.jpg

xmen3pubp.jpg

dania-ramirez-sexy-hot.jpg

the-dania-ramirez-workout.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent guest! :unsure:

Showmasters - you are doing a fantastic job!

Personally I am still too tired from the Hub to start getting too excited :D

I don't know how you do it - you must be shattered!

I think we have a great line-up for this show so far. :D

• Moderators

Even gremlins don't like Maya? :angry:

I am actually very interested to meet Dania - I've loved her in some other stuff, and it's intriguing to be able to discuss such a character as Maya who divides opinion so much.

Even gremlins don't like Maya? :angry:

I am actually very interested to meet Dania - I've loved her in some other stuff, and it's intriguing to be able to discuss such a character as Maya who divides opinion so much.

The people who hate her and the people who despise her :P ? I like some of her work so I will meet her for that. I went to a con with 2 guests whos characters weren't liked (ok maybe not to the level as Maya) but they were lovely and everyone was nice to them what was great I hope she gets the same treatment. We will see as the people I have spoke to aren't inpressed with the announcement we will soon find out. Anywho Buffy, X men and eye candy. woopwoop

• Moderators

There are people who like Maya .. honestly!

I'd like to hear about whether Dania is aware of the divided opinion, and if it affects her. And perhaps if she would have done the character any differently if she had the choice.

After all, she's just acting what she's given .. it's not her fault if it says ALEJANDROOOOO every other line .. lol

I gathered some people liked her by the requests and responses and I would imagine she would no that most people didn't but some actors try and not read anything about them selves so who no's if she doesn't she's in for a shock.

• Moderators

There's not much 'bashing' going on really.

A lot of people felt that the character was very one dimensional in Season 2, relying too much on Alejandro etc. There was a certain naivity to her, and unfortunately the reliance on her brother got annoying after the millionth time.

Of course then they transferred that reliance to Gabriel, and then to Mohinder. She's never really had a chance to stand on her own two feet and develop. I'd say the character is criminally underwritten compared to some of the others.

See Sylar or HRG or Angela for some of the best developed on the show. Even Elle started fairly one dimensionally but once they gave her a decent background story and father issues etc, she was a lot more 'human' so to speak, and easier to relate to or understand.

I'm sure Dania would do a great job with Maya as a more rounded character. I certainly think she's capable.

Yay - she was one of the guests I voted for in the original who-do-you-want post! I loved her in X3. And hey, S3 Maya's not too bad now that the writers aren't having her bawl all the time. (Although I should be whipped with barbed wire for not recognising her in BtVS. Bad me. Bad!)

Edited by CosmicAvatar

I'm not the biggest fan of her character, but I like the actress and am so I'm therefore happy with the guest. :D And I'm sure people know that the actress could only work with the material she was given, so her storyline is hardly her fault.

who are you? where is the real you ...

There's not much 'bashing' going on really.

A lot of people felt that the character was very one dimensional in Season 2, relying too much on Alejandro etc. There was a certain naivity to her, and unfortunately the reliance on her brother got annoying after the millionth time.

Of course then they transferred that reliance to Gabriel, and then to Mohinder. She's never really had a chance to stand on her own two feet and develop. I'd say the character is criminally underwritten compared to some of the others.

See Sylar or HRG or Angela for some of the best developed on the show. Even Elle started fairly one dimensionally but once they gave her a decent background story and father issues etc, she was a lot more 'human' so to speak, and easier to relate to or understand.

I'm sure Dania would do a great job with Maya as a more rounded character. I certainly think she's capable.

Lots of people are the way Maya is without a dramatic backstory though. Annoying and one dimensional aren't necessarily the same thing. I actually find Peter less 3D. At least Maya's character is vaguely consistent, Peter just runs whichever way the wind blows at the time.

Anyway, yeah. Yay Dania! :D

Edited by Psychosis

• Moderators

Lots of people are the way Maya is without a dramatic backstory though. Annoying and one dimensional aren't necessarily the same thing. I actually find Peter less 3D. At least Maya's character is vaguely consistent, Peter just runs whichever way the wind blows at the time.

Well if it helps, I think Peter's a very poor character too .. lol