I don't want to seem ungreatful

Well I'm not really concerned anymore but wonders why these dates have been chosen if the show is currently filming ? Was the schedule changed since the time of Eclipse 1 ?

I'm not really concerned either but there's something i can't help finding funny anyway

Read on Collectormania Midlands topic... (1st and 2nd November 2008)

At this time of year we can get some guests that we cannot get any other time of year so watch this space

Jason :D

Read in this topic (Eclipse 2 - 14th & 16th November 2008)

its very easy to book guest when they are not working and this will be the case for every con at the bigging of the year,but much harder for the events at the end of the year but we just need to give the guests a bit more time to know if they can come to the show so give us a bit more time and we will come through ;)

Jaosn :D

:lol:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL :D

But seriously in this case, I think they were talking in general for the first message and more specifically about Heroes guests in the second one.

Why they choose this time of the year for Eclipse 2 is a bit mysterious to me and even though the schedule of filming had been changed meanwhile, I've seen other cons changing dates and or venue to be able to get better guests (Chevron 7.2 to cite it)

But seriously in this case, I think they were talking in general for the first message and more specifically about Heroes guests in the second one.

Why they choose this time of the year for Eclipse 2 is a bit mysterious to me and even though the schedule of filming had been changed meanwhile, I've seen other cons changing dates and or venue to be able to get better guests (Chevron 7.2 to cite it)

Err I don't thinks that exactly true, as you can see from the more 'specific' post SM say: "its very easy to book guest when they are not working and this will be the case for every con at the bigging of the year", i'm sorry but that is NOT specific as it talks about every con!

Anyway, I agree with what you say about the timing, perhaps this con would have been better placed elsewhere!

MMMmmmm personnaly from what i read it really looks to me like they say here it's somehow easier for them to get guests for 'every con at the begging of the year' (not only Heroes related ones) than for events at the end of the year... although they say the complete opposite in that other thread i mentioned...

Can't help finding it a bit strange :D

Edited by God L'Eponge

Looking forward with interest as to who might get announced for E2... at the moment myself and my 5 friends who all paid for Silver tickets are stuggling to justify spending the extra money for hotels, food, petrol and drinks etc... so might not attend :D

This has nothing to do with season 3... as after a slow start I think this season has kicked into gear now - this weeks ep was excellent! :)

I assumed that the date was chosen as it's just before Thanksgiving and most shows filming in the US take a short hiatus around Thanksgiving. But, having checked when Thanksgiving actually falls this year, it's the 27th November and Eclipse is almost a full 2 weeks before that, so I would assume that filming will still be happening then.

I think hes just trying to say its easier to get some guests at this end of the year. Like all the DR who guests they have for the CM one, but then harder to get guests who are ilming such as heroes ones.

it makes sense.

Filming for Volume 3 will be wrapping up very soon..

They have started pre-production on Volume 4 now, and on the new Webisodes... and as Voulume 4 is not due to air until (correct me if I'm wrong), February 2009, I reckon that means the cast will be due to take a break after V3 officially wraps (which should be in the next two weeks or so), and then they will go back into production on V4 around December time...

I know that for other shows, a lot of them are wrapping up their pre-xmas episodes now too.. and they normally break for a few weeks around Thanksgiving.. then work for December, break again for xmas, then back into full swing for January, through to around March/April-ish to film the final episodes of their season...

Edited by Phoenix Will Rise

As Jason has already said "please be cool "

Its must be bad enough for them to be working hard on getting guests without reading some of the posts in this thread, you just need to trust that they will get the best available to them.

:D

the likely hood is that there just waiting to see what 'guests' have to go back for pick ups and aditional materials suck as unleashed and dvd extras...

that tends to be the only thing that people get called back for over the holidays.

all is good on here and i do agree with the people saying about the cost of the ticket, ive gone gold this time along with my 2 mates and thats the main reason why im hoping for some more guests. but i do trust showmasters and love that they replied XD

no matter what its gonna be a rave so having more guests will be a bonus! =]

Just checked the E1 board, and from what I can see... the final guest list was confirmed by this stage (1 month prior to the convention).. so what would happen at E2 *IF* there were only 3 guests....

At E1 I got 3 autographs, 2 photo's, and listened in on the talks all on the Saturday, then on Sunday I got 3 more autographs and the rest of my photo's, and attended the talks...

But if there was only 3 guests, and I am assuming E2 wont be sold out (?), surely that means everyone would likely get almost everything on the first day?

Would refunds not be offered *IF* we only got 3 guests?

Why?

It's advertised as a Heroes event, not a total number of guests event...... any guest is a bonus! :headscratch:

While I understand what you're trying to say, I think it's a little... odd... to call the presence of Heroes guests a bonus at a Heroes convention. :blink: The whole point of a convention is to meet guests.

Would refunds not be offered *IF* we only got 3 guests?

Why?

It's advertised as a Heroes event, not a total number of guests event...... any guest is a bonus! :headscratch:

Previous events have stated 4-6 guests on the webpage.

Eclipse 2 doesn't state this, or at least I couldn't find it, but does state that you get one free autograph per guest upto a maximum of 6.

We were told at Eclipse that this event would be bigger and better.

Now bigger and better can mean different things to different people, but tickets were bought with people expecting a similar type of guest line up.

I'm sure ME will get another guest or two, but to say that the extra guests are bonuses is a joke and an insult to your customers.

Anything over the 6 is indeed a bonus, but anything from 4 to 6 guests is considered part of the terms and conditions of the tickets being sold.

After the disappointment of Lockdown, I didn't believe it was worth the gold ticket price but had a great time, I see people here feeling the same.

I almost bought a gold ticket at Eclipse but didn't know if I could attend due to work commitments, which I now can't attend, but I'd be feeling annoyed if I had purchased gold for this event especially after the price increase from Eclipse.

I enjoy the events, I like the staff, the people I meet and the quality of guests SM & ME bring us so I will continue to support them, but I don't like it when people raise valid concerns and they are ignored or not answered in a correct and appropriate manner.

The whole point of a convention is to meet guests.

I have to be picky and say that meeting guests isn't the 'whole' point of a con. Well, at least for me it isn't.

I agree that it's not the 'whole' point of the con...

But it is a big reason as to why I paid £145 to attend..

If I just wanted to meet up with people and chat Heroes etc., I would join one of the facebook Heroes groups and arrange a get together at a bar or something.. Or if I just wanted to look around the shops/stalls, I would pay £5 and go to LFCC or something along those lines

But dont get me wrong, I cant wait to go to E2, and I'm sure showmaster swill pull the event off in great style.. but *if* we were to not get any more guests, I would still enjoy myself and love meeting who we do get, but I would feel that it was not exactly value for money...

I enjoy the events, I like the staff, the people I meet and the quality of guests SM & ME bring us so I will continue to support them, but I don't like it when people raise valid concerns and they are ignored or not answered in a correct and appropriate manner.

Sorry, was that aimed at me as it was my text you quoted? I'm not Showmasters, or Massive Events, I was responding back as a member of the forum and as a fan to ask why they expected a refund.

As a fan I've been to conventions where there have only been 2-3 guests and still had a brilliant time. Yes, it is disappointing that there aren't many guests announced so far. Jason has already come onto this thread and said they are still working on it. However, the series is currently airing, alot of the actors are filming, so perhaps SM/ME can't announce guests as quickly as we'd like because the actors don't quite know their schedules?

I want a good line up as well. I'm a big fan of the show myself, but I certainly won't let it spoil my enjoyment of the weekend if it's just the three that are there.

As Morden already said it's not all about meeting the guests. I go to meet up with friends as well that I've not seen in ages :poki:

I'm really looking forward to seeing my friends, and having a weekend away with my bf.

Saying that though, when I usually see my friends, its the cost of petrol and a couple of drinks... and going away with bf is usually the cost of petrol, food and hotel. With tickets added ontop of all of that, it IS a lot of money... and it is more expensive than Lockdown... and so far has less guests- and no free group photoshoot.

Of course, SM are doing their best to get guests... but when the Hub has 10 guests, plus numerous activities announced... plus 2 surprise guests; Chevron 2 for next year is on a level footing with Eclipse that is a month away... and Twilight seems to be getting a lot aswell..... I do think people have a bit of a right to worry.

Esp with regards to the Hub- same cost, but look at the difference between the shows... Hub is atm a bargain, E2 not so much.

...And of course, I'm sure people are seeing that a few heroes guests may have been announced elsewhere, and are worrying even more because of it.

I have total faith that SM will pull it off.... but I can see why people are saying what they are. The guests, the price, the lack of activities and schedule, not many announcements but shows for next year have some...

We'll just have to wait and see what happens! I should hope that if it does turn out like another Lockdown, we'll have the same thing like group photoshoots included with any ticket etc...

I'm really looking forward to seeing my friends, and having a weekend away with my bf.

Saying that though, when I usually see my friends, its the cost of petrol and a couple of drinks... and going away with bf is usually the cost of petrol, food and hotel. With tickets added ontop of all of that, it IS a lot of money... and it is more expensive than Lockdown... and so far has less guests- and no free group photoshoot.

Exactly, lol. Seeing friends is a nice side effect but it's not the purpose of a convention.

Were nearly 4 weeks away? I hope we get some guests soon i'm looking forward to the event but to pay ticket/hotel/shoots/travel/food and drink for that and 3 guests I would be seriously pissed and everyday passes it looks like its gunna be another lockdown not eclipse what we or wish it is. We still have time but that is going fast its just around the corner I hope they pull it of for the attendees and MEs sake.

I can meet my friends for a much lower price than £215 indeed :uhoh:

Oh well, I'm not bothered anymore about E2 as I am not coming and have convinced my mind that this money is lost for good. The only smart thing to do is not make the same mistake twice.