2 Surprise Guests... Let's Speculate!

TRUKid

Right guys and girls,

Most of us have received the email stating there will be two surprise guests who will only be named when we get there!

So... who does everyone think it is??

Judging by past messages from Showmasters etc with regard to 'sponsored' guests, I am going for:

* Eve Myles

* James Marsters

What do you all think?

Less than two weeks to go so... START SPECULATING!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...

I'd say :dance: James :D

and ummm... darn... I forgot his name... PC Andy...

BTW did you know that the team that handles Gareth's public appearances is almost identical to the team that handles all James' :YAHOO: European appearances...

-mts.tyra, the one who's going to go bankcrupt if it's indeed James :YAHOO:

How about Freema?

Considering they are sponsored guests I would assume it would be guests that a lot of people are going to want to meet.

But I don't mind who it is - I'm more than happy with the line-up so far, anyone else is just the icing on the cake!

Burn - please Burn!! I would love Mr Marsters to be there but he did put a note on his website saying he doubts he'll be doing any more cons this year. But if we all wish hard enough maybe he'll change his mind! Gareth D-L does in fact have the same US manager (the lovely Steve Himber) as James Marsters so we can live in hope! But I totally agree with you Miss G, anyone else would just be the icing on a chocolate covered cake!!

These are who I want, but whether we'll get them is another matter

Tom Price and Eve Myles

Keeping my fingers tightly crossed!! More so for Tom, as I've met Eve before, but both would be splendid ^__^

:lol::dance::P:dance: --- that'll be me @ The Hub if they are both there!

:uhoh: --- me if neither are there :(

G x

Now heres who i think it coud be/the possibilities are:

James Marsters: because of his popularity and his amazing torchwood appearances

Eve Myles: because they could be aiming for the whole torchwood team

Burn Gorman: because they could be aiming for the whole torchwood team

Noel Clarke: because they may want to introduce the new member

Freema Agyeman: because of her minor roll

Russel T Davies: for being the brains behind the whole torchwood extraveganza (cant spell)

I'd guess at Tom Price and Matt Rippy. Surprise guests at events tend not to be major cast in my experience (and I think there is zero chance of James Marsters appearing) but if we do get main cast I think Eve would be a lovely addition.

Are the surprise guests sponsored guests - meaning that their autographs are outside of the ticket packages and need to be paid for?

I'd guess at Tom Price and Matt Rippy. Surprise guests at events tend not to be major cast in my experience (and I think there is zero chance of James Marsters appearing) but if we do get main cast I think Eve would be a lovely addition.

Are the surprise guests sponsored guests - meaning that their autographs are outside of the ticket packages and need to be paid for?

I was wondering what a 'sponsored' guest means. :angel:

• Showmasters Admin

A sponsored guest is a guest someone else (other than the event organiser) is paying to bring to the event. They will not be included in the free autographs given with the entry ticket. They will cost extra and the money will go to the sponsor of that guest.

A sponsored guest is a guest someone else (other than the event organiser) is paying to bring to the event. They will not be included in the free autographs given with the entry ticket. They will cost extra and the money will go to the sponsor of that guest.

Thank you for explaining. :angel:

Does this include photo shoots? I was under the impression that a free photo with all guests would be given with the Silver and Gold tickets due to the below post by Showmasters:

7). We are still working on getting some more guests for the event and although we cant say we defintely will have more guests, we also cant say we definitely wont! In the same way that 10th Planet have done in the past these would be sponsored guests whose autograph would not be included within the programme admission and would need to be purchased seperately on the day.

As you can see they stipulate that you need to purchase autographs from sponsored guests, however do not say this applies to photo sessions.

The website states Silver and Gold Ticket holders will get "1 photo shoot with each guest taking part in a photo session" included in the price of the ticket, so I would hope this would be honoured as it was advertised as one of the benefits of the ticket and does explicitly state that provided a guest has a photo session Silver and Gold Ticket holders will get one for free. There is nothing stating that sponsored guests are not included in this.

(Not trying to cause an argument; just wanting to get clarification on what I paid for. The free photo shoots were the entire reason for myself and my partner buying Silver Tickets.)

• Showmasters Admin

As you have quoted yourself is says "1 photo shoot with each guest taking part in a photo session"

As they are not show guests I don't beleive they will be involved in the photo shoots at all. I maybe wrong though.

• Showmasters Admin

That makes total sense.

Do you think there's a chance we can get clarification in advance as to whether or not they'll be doing photo shoots? I'm sure the standard tickets holders would also like to know that so they can budget :D

I will see what I can do. I'm involved in helping finalise the event schedule, and this will have to be known for that to happen, so I should know once I've had that meeting with Mark which will be in the next couple of days.