New Event Announcement - Hallowhedon

showmasters

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome, and great first guest jenny rocks,

obviously atm i cant afford anything but you do relise im not mentioning the other rival event, is hosting nearly an identical con.

i suppose it depends on guests to whether this will be a sucsess seing as you have compatition and stuff but im just saying so your aware that the stakes are high

haha

i hope to see lockdown 2 announced soon please :'(

• Showmasters Admin

Does this new event mean no C.S.I. con?

we are working on events for next year and we have lots of nice thing in store so just give us some time to get all we need to put in place and we will put them up as soon as we can

as to what event they are, we keep that to our selfs till the time is right so we cannot comment yet

more to come

jason :P

• Moderators

obviously atm i cant afford anything but you do relise im not mentioning the other rival event, is hosting nearly an identical con.

I'm aware of many different organisers and yet I have no idea of any 'nearly identical' con .. sure, there are some that have Angel or Dollhouse included (separately) but mixed in with a lot of other stuff. I can't see why that'd be a problem, especially considering the expansive cast list involved with Whedon shows.

thats true david, this con is a fantastic idea and one that has been requested for years! i was just suggesting that sm need to pull this one off and keep the standard high as they have compotition so it cant just be small/guest stars

no offence, i just would hate to see them lose more money because it would then affect other cons in the long run

*prays for lockdown 2*

• Showmasters Admin

i suppose it depends on guests to whether this will be a sucsess seing as you have compatition and stuff but im just saying so your aware that the stakes are high

haha

if you mean Sean Harrys event well we are both friends and help each other out a lot now days,so there will not be an issue on this,and its not the same type of event and it will be far from an identical con as we both run good events in different ways :P

i hope this helps

• Moderators

thats true david, this con is a fantastic idea and one that has been requested for years! i was just suggesting that sm need to pull this one off and keep the standard high as they have compotition so it cant just be small/guest stars

no offence, i just would hate to see them lose more money because it would then affect other cons in the long run

That's understandable, and I certainly get where you're coming from :P

However with four separate casts to dip into, I think they've got a decent chance of putting something very good together. Especially considering they've had decent Buffy/Angel/Firefly representation at signing events for years now, so I would assume they've got plenty of necessary contacts, and satisfied previous guests.

I guess I just believe there are far greater options to put together a successful lineup with something like this :P

haha

if you mean Sean Harrys event well we are both friends and help each other out a lot now days,so there will not be an issue on this,and its not the same type of event and it will be far from an identical con as we both run good events in different ways :P

i hope this helps

yep, im glad you both help eachother out so that will mean better cons for the future :WAVE:, there are so many guests you cant really go wrong! haha

OH MY GOD!!!! :P

I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOV YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOV YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOV YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOV YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOV YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOV YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOV YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOV YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOV YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOV YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOV YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOV YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOV YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOV YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOV YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOV YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOV YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOV YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOV YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOV YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOV YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! :P

I'm already Golded up for the weekend!!!

Well now I am panicking because although its over a year away it seems that people are already booking Gold Passes!!!!

I have never got anything other than a standard ticket before but I certainly do not want to miss out on this one.

Does anyone have any advice on whether to book gold/silver tickets a year in advance or will there be plenty and so I don't have to kill the credit card until next year sometime!

Ta,

Laura

xxxxx

PS: Eliza Dushku pleeeeeeaaaassseee

oh my god minor heart attack going on her. Thank you, thank you we have been praying for something for ages. I cant wait till next year. I dont care who we get i love all the cast and have met them all and happy to do so over and over again.

Would like to see James here of course and clare Kramer or Marc Blucas, Tony Head of course and nick and Emma, eliza,michelle T,juliet and of course sarah,david,aly and joss but i am happy little bunny now whoever goes.

Oh and some of the writers would be good too, - David fury, Jane espenson, cynthia bergstrom from wardrobe and dayne johnson from make up or todd mackintosh. some of the stunt doubles too would be interesting - mike massa, steve tartalia,melissa barker etc.

:P

Edited by buffy2k

hmm...............Hallowhedon

There goes the popular idea for a Halloween timed horror con then and what do we get instead?

- An event dedicated to a past it from the recent past tv show filled with guests you can get at regular SM shows ANYTIME.

I used to watch Buffy and i became a regular viewer after James Masters and Juliet Landau gave it a much needed kick up the bottom but this holds no interest other than that of what could be in its place.

Im sure theres more dough to be made in putting a UK Horror con together a year off from now than a show featuring the usual suspects from the weedyverse.

Great.

Edited by vintageSW77

Why come in here if you are not interested in the con? I think its a great idea and is very popular and buffy/angel would fit in perfectly with halloween. Why shouldn't they do a one its very popular and that makes perfect business sense. If you want a horror con show your support in a relevant thread or start one. Anyway im gunna wait till the second guest is announced before I book I probably will get gold as there some of my fav shows. :)

hmm...............Hallowhedon

There goes the popular idea for a Halloween timed horror con then and what do we get instead?

- An event dedicated to a past it from the recent past tv show filled with guests you can get at regular SM shows ANYTIME.

I used to watch Buffy and i became a regular viewer after James Masters and Juliet Landau gave it a much needed kick up the bottom but this holds no interest other than that of what could be in its place.

Im sure theres more dough to be made in putting a UK Horror con together a year off from now than a show featuring the usual suspects from the weedyverse.

Great.

Did you not see the poll SM conducted for cons they wanted. This came out top. If you to any signing event these people generate a lot of interest - the show may be over but the fans remain.

*wipes coffee from monitor*

Thank you thank you! :WAVE:

Gonna have to wait till I get paid but.... :dance: Now, how to sweettalk the bank manager. He has this ridiculous idea that I should bank with them and not vice versa :WINCE:

(and again with the :YAHOO: )

Did you not see the poll SM conducted for cons they wanted. This came out top. If you to any signing event these people generate a lot of interest - the show may be over but the fans remain.

Hence the tumbleweed blowing by Tony Head and Emma C in Manchester early this year

Not everyone votes in polls unfortunatley and as to why bother coming in here i go to Showmasters shows and(here we go again)think a Halloween set horror show with unique guests or big crowd pullers like Englund and Campbell would be good idea

...............as opposed to the usual supspects from Buff getting the gig.

I hope it works out and doesnt go the same way as the Red Dwarf/Empire day etc shows.

Edited by vintageSW77

• Moderators

If you're not interested, then please go and express your own interests elsewhere i.e. the other polls, Guest Suggestions, or Other Showmasters Events. It's far more appropriate.

This isn't a topic for discussing whether you like the con or not - fact is it's happening, and there are plenty of fans out there who are interested. It's a shame that some aren't, but your time is far better used showing support elsewhere than knocking what others are interested in.

If you're not interested, then please go and express your own interests elsewhere i.e. the other polls, Guest Suggestions, or Other Showmasters Events. It's far more appropriate.

This isn't a topic for discussing whether you like the con or not - fact is it's happening, and there are plenty of fans out there who are interested. It's a shame that some aren't, but your time is far better used showing support elsewhere than knocking what others are interested in.

its relevant

this is a discussion forum isnt it?

i just think a horror themed event at Halloween is a much better idea than one for a show that gets looked after at every regular SM show

no one was crying out for a Buffy show but there is a lot of support for a Horror gig on here