Themes or Reunions We'd Like to See!

Manbeast

London Film and Comic Con 2008 was very much Indiana Jones themed. So what themes or cast reunions would you like to see in 2009?

Alien Franchise.

We have been lucky enough to get a number of cast from all four films recently. 2009 marks the 30th anniversary of the orignal film so it would be great to see a reunion of cast including Yaphet Kotto, Tom Skerritt, Veronica Cartwright, Harry Dean Stanton, Ian Holm, Bolaji Badejo and maybe even Sigourney Weaver!

The Thing.

Kurt Russell, Keith David, Thomas G. Waites, T. K. Carter, Richard Dysart, David Clennon, Donald Moffat, Joel Polis, Richard Masur and John Carpenter!

Any ideas?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LFCC 2009 you could realistically (without being biased) have anniversary reunions for:

30th Anniversary 1979:

Alien

The Warriors

Phantasm

Quadrophenia

25th Anniversary 1984:

The Terminator

A Nightmare on Elm Street

Miami Vice

Gremlins

This Is Spinal Tap

Police Academy

I don't think the new A Nightmare on Elm St film is due till 2010 and for Star Trek we get guests all the time from that series anyway so wouldnt have the same novelty of other reunions.

You could also do reunions to mark the release of these latest instalments like LFCC 08 did with the new Indy film:

Terminator Salvation (nicely ties in with 25th anniversary too)

Wolverine (an X-Men reunion)

Friday The 13th remake

Transformers 2 (reunion to include the cartoon too)

Watchmen could work.

for Star Trek we get guests all the time from that series anyway so wouldnt have the same novelty of other reunions.

I take your point, but there are still some rare Trek guests I'd like to meet:

Wil Wheaton

Barbara March

Gwyneth Walsh

Whoopie Goldberg

Rosalind Chao

Diana Muldaur

Terry Farrell

Cirroc Lofton

Max Grodenchik

James Darren

Tim Russ

Jeri Ryan

Jennifer Lien

Scott Bakula

Jolene Blalock

Ricardo Montalbahn

Kirstie Alley

Robin Curtis

Catherine Hicks

Laurence Luckinbill

Kim Cattrall

Christopher Plummer

Malcolm McDowell

James Cromwell

Alfre Woodard

F Murray Abraham

Donna Murphy

Ron Perlman

Edited by nosfer2

I'd like to see Julian Glover back, and also Alison Doody - and any Temple of Doom guests would be great. Other than that, classic 80s films please! How about Zach Gilligan and Phoebe Cates? And more directors :blush:

LFCC 2009 you could realistically (without being biased) have anniversary reunions for:

25th Anniversary 1984:

The Terminator

Gremlins

With you 100% on those two Nicky - and since we're talking about 1984 (one of the great years for movies in my opinion) I'd throw in : -

The Last Starfighter

Beverly Hills Cop

Ghostbusters

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

The Karate Kid

Romancing the Stone

Splash

The Never Ending Story

The Philadelphia Experiment

PS : - I preferred your "In The Line Of Fire" quote :YAHOO:

10th Anniversary :

Star Wars Episode 1 :vader:

The Matrix

The Mummy (Im not a fan but its popular)

Sleepy Hallow

The Blair Witch Project

The Sixth Sense

only if Haley Joel Osment is a possibility

15th Anniversary :

Clerks

The Crow

Stargate (release of the film)

Wyatt Earp

a great movie with some interesting possible guests

20th Anniversary :

Batman, the movie (so obviously no Nicholson but someone will have to convince Keaton someday)

The Abyss

Licence to Kill

25th Anniversary :

Release of the first Ewoks tv-movie :blush:

Ghostbusters

Gremlins

Children of the Corn (Linda Hamilton is now doin convention and a remake is being made with David Anders)

Dune (movie)

The Last Starfighter

The NeverEnding Story (movie + 30th Anniversary of the novel)

Ill stop here for now

But I think it would be a perfect moment to celebrate Terminator saga with the anniversary, new movie release, and a cool tv serie goin on.

oh and dont forget 2009 will be...

The Punisher 35th Anniversary + 20th Anniversary of the first movie with Dolph Lundgren + 5th Anniversary of the second one with Thomas Jane (Patricia Arquette husband by the way) + New movie released in december 2008 (or 2009 in most european countries).

Edited by Skylover

10th Anniversary :

Star Wars Episode 1 :vader:

The Matrix

The Mummy (Im not a fan but its popular)

Sleepy Hallow

The Blair Witch Project

The Sixth Sense

only if Haley Joel Osment is a possibility

Oh my god, ten years already?!

Where the hell did they go?!?!

That makes me feel so, so old!!!

As for reunions I'd like to see I'd love an x files feature, obviously Duchovny and Anderson would be a rather unrealistic coup, but there are so many other people from the series I'd love to meet.

Backing the call for a Nightmare on Elm Street reunion all the way, that would be amazing. Also would strongly support a horror theme or feature.

With you 100% on those two Nicky - and since we're talking about 1984 (one of the great years for movies in my opinion) I'd throw in : -

The Last Starfighter

Beverly Hills Cop

Ghostbusters

The Karate Kid

Romancing the Stone

Splash

The Never Ending Story

Yeah, I did think of those films but thought they wouldnt be practical cos of the calibre of some of the stars was too big or too small (or dead) or that their fanbases just werent large enough to pull in crowds.

And I thought 10 yr anniversary runions werent really that special as 10 yrs isnt that long. 20 yrs seems the normal way. I'm not even sure if SM have ever done the anniversary route, previously when they did reunions it was to celebrate the release of either the new DVD or a new film sequel and thus I think our best bet for 2009 is The Terminator (25th anniversay, new film and the spin-off TV show) or maybe X-Men to celebrate the Wolverine film.

The Last Starfighter

Beverly Hills Cop

Ghostbusters

The Karate Kid

Romancing the Stone

Splash

The Never Ending Story

Yeah, I did think of those films but thought they wouldnt be practical cos of the calibre of some of the stars was too big or too small (or dead) or that their fanbases just werent large enough to pull in crowds.

And I thought 10 yr anniversary runions werent really that special as 10 yrs isnt that long. 20 yrs seems the normal way. I'm not even sure if SM have ever done the anniversary route, previously when they did reunions it was to celebrate the release of either the new DVD or a new film sequel and thus I think our best bet for 2009 is The Terminator (25th anniversay, new film and the spin-off TV show) or maybe X-Men to celebrate the Wolverine film.

Well here's my take on it : -

The Last Starfighter - Lance Guest, Nick Castle, and Catherine Mary Stewart don't seem unreasonable

Beverly Hills Cop - yeah I'll give you that one :)

Ghostbusters - Wouldn't have thought Dan Aykroyd is out of the realms of possibility for an LFACC

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - we've touched on this before of course

The Karate Kid - Macchio maybe - agree on the rest

Romancing the Stone - Kathleen Turner is aiming high, but not impossible - whether or not she'd be economically viable is another thing

Splash - Daryl Hannah seems possible - but same as above

The Never Ending Story - I'm sure a few people could turn up. Wolfgang Peterson? If Only....

The Philadelphia Experiment - Obviously we've already had Nancy Allen - she could come back with Michael Pare as a double header.... He's working with Uwe Boll now, so this would be a considerable step up from his current career level :)

• 3 weeks later...

heres just a few of my reunion wants..but there are literally alot more

GHOSTBUSTERS GUESTS (ALL 4 OF THE GUYS WOULD BE A DREAM COME TRUE)

THE LOST BOYS GUESTS

MONSTER SQUAD GUESTS

GOONIES GUESTS

TWIN PEAKS GUESTS

THE WARRIORS GUESTS

THE THING

CREEPSHOW GUESTS

STAND BY ME