Barrowman

stonedead

:uhoh: I was stocked that I wasn't able to John Barrowman's autograph, when I got there was told people had started queing at 4am to see him. Surely he could of done several hours on Saturday and Monday.

( But i suppose that's the breaks)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started queuing around 9 and got to him about 3.30.

I think we're lucky he was able to make any time to get there considering his schedule.

I won't get on my soapbox about this, but these people are actors that's their job, they don't HAVE to do conventions etc.

I thought he was very sweet and charming given that it was a real rush, in and out (well organised though it was) and would have been like that all day for him and some of the other people there.

:D I was queueing for a virtual ticket around 9:15am and managed to see him around 2:30pm even though my ticket was no. 399! He was great to meet even though it was a very quick meeting.

I also managed to meet Eve Myles, James Marsters and Kai Owen so it was a really great day! :D

I didn't get there until 10:05 but still got to squeeze in just after 4:40.

How unavailable is that man.

Of everyone who wants a piece of him.

The women aren't men and the men aren't gay!

That may be so but when you have children with and you have a bus to catch, I didn't have the privelidge of hanging arund all day.

That may be so but when you have children with and you have a bus to catch, I didn't have the privelidge of hanging arund all day.

We got there just after 10:10am and my friends got to get a sig from him, he seemed to speed up nearer the end...

I was waiting for my friends who were getting autos and saw people queuing who didn't have tickets, someone said something about them letting people in who had tickets (well as many as they could) and then if there was time people who didn't have tickets could go through.

Before I left it seemed that he had done well of 1300 autos, how many do you people want the guy to sign in one day, especially when they have too eat and do photoshoots?

:headscratch:

LLAP :wub:

I got to see him at about 3:30pm as well. The time didnt bother me as I live in MK, so I popped home for a couple of hours!

One of the funniest things (in an evil way) was this older woman and her husband thought they could just join the queue so she could get her book signed. Only to be told she needed a ticket. Needless to say she was not happy, started moaning and walked away nearly in tears.

Sorry, but what do you expect when you arrive at 3:30?

I got to see him at about 3:30pm as well. The time didnt bother me as I live in MK, so I popped home for a couple of hours!

One of the funniest things (in an evil way) was this older woman and her husband thought they could just join the queue so she could get her book signed. Only to be told she needed a ticket. Needless to say she was not happy, started moaning and walked away nearly in tears.

Good hear you met him and lots of others did, sorry to those who didn't. I didn't go to the event as it's too far for me to travel from Manchester at the age of 15 but would have loved to have met John, Eve and James. I don't quite understand the ticket business in ques, when I went to Collectormania Manchester we didn't need tickets to que we just qued.

Edited by Doctor Who

That would only be slighly funny (though not to me) if they didn't know about VQ's as not everyone does, or goes on the net to find out about these things. And the fact that she went off crying isn't funny at all.

You got a weird sense of humor :(

:huh:

LLAP :D

Good hear you met him and lots of others did, sorry to those who didn't. I didn't go to the event as it's too far for me to travel from Manchester at the age of 15 but would have loved to have met John, Eve and James. I don't quite understand the ticket business in ques, when I went to Collectormania Manchester we didn't need tickets to que we just qued.

That's because it was quieter at Manchester. At the start of the day there were hundreds, maybe even up to a thousand? people who wanted to see John. Do you expect them all to stand in a queue? It would stretch down the length of the shopping centre.

I am not sure how long you have been attending events, but this is an unfortunate side of signing events...time! It is a shame that you did not have as much time as you would have liked, but when signers like John and Eve come to events in between filming, it is highly likely that there will be some people who miss out. As I said before, John was filming I'd Do Anything until late on Saturday as they film the Sunday results show late in the evening. I was unaware that they had started filming season 3 of Torchwood, but that just adds to the limits. Maybe you should go to The Hub as it is a convention and not a signing event?

That's because it was quieter at Manchester. At the start of the day there were hundreds, maybe even up to a thousand? people who wanted to see John. Do you expect them all to stand in a queue? It would stretch down the length of the shopping centre.

I know, I understand that there is a need for VT's but I don't understand how they work, will have to check the FAQ's out.

Edited by Doctor Who

I know, I understand that there is a need for VT's but I don't understand how they work, will have to check the FAQ's out.

You go to the tables for the guests you want and get a numbered ticket. When those ticket numbers are announced, you then queue again and get you auto, so in theory you can judge when you'll get a signature rather than just hanging about in queues all day.

You go to the tables for the guests you want and get a numbered ticket. When those ticket numbers are announced, you then queue again and get you auto, so in theory you can judge when you'll get a signature rather than just hanging about in queues all day.

Thanks for explaining :WINCE:

Well I got there at 9.45 ish and was 826. I had no idea he would be that busy, I have never seen a guest like it at Collectormania. Got to see him at 4.30ish which was a very long wait but worth it.

My only grumble was the photo shoot. You could tell he looked stressed and I am not sure if any of you heard the photographer yelling at the top of his voice to get the next person ready. It was just after I had my picture taken and I was shaking after I got my photo number! The whole thing was just total chaos, all of the crew were stressed and the photographer was just bang out of order. Of course I understand he wants to get as many people through as possible but to yell like that was totally wrong.

I would have loved to see John, but the queues were too big! I've met him once at a book signing when he came to Oxford so I wasn't really bothered. His autobiography was cheaper than an autographed photo though! :WINCE:

Shame that he and Eve were here for only one day!

For me this was my first event,only really went to see torchwood actors especially John Barrowman,i wasn't really sure how it woorked but seemed pretty straight forward to me. Arrived about 9 very long queue ending at table saying John Barrowman so i joined it, was very pleased as it started moving around 9.30 despite being told it wouldnt move till 10 got ticket number 670 for John and 580 for Eve. Got to see them both and got auto's also did JB photo shoot,GOD THAT MAN IS SEXY don't care what his sexual preference is! I felt it was quite well organised as there were hundreds of people wishing to see him! Well i was happy anyhow. :WINCE: