Barrowman

stonedead

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Malcolm was really nice. And what a great job: he didn't have to encourage anyone to smile, it all happened naturally.

You didn't see mine! :wub:

"Smile! *snap* okay, again. Big smile my darling! *snap* You look afraid. Smile!"

I was definitely smiling: I couldn't believe my luck getting to grips with JB! My husband looked at the photo afterwards and said "OMG he's got his arms round you!" :o I'm still smiling...... :D

I had ticket number 1235, so I don't know what some people were complaining about!

I did manage to get an autograph, but it wasn't until about 4:45pm. Even then John was still smiling and chatty, which was surprising since he'd been busy all day, and I was wilting!

I went to have my photo taken with John early. When it was my turn I

was like O.M.G John is hugging my body tight and yet I am still breathing

and haven't melted into a goo puddle on the floor! Bless him! I noticed that

he was wonderful with all the fans before me. I just wish I could of had

dozens more photos taken with him! :crying: I had no problems with Malcom

either...he makes me laugh too. lol

I was ticket number 324 and can't remember the exact time I met John

for his auto. All I remember is the way he was signing super speed for

everyone. I just stared at him for as long as I could. He signed without

looking at me 1st...but then just as I was about to take it away he looked

up grinning and called me a sweetheart, and then said it was nice to meet

me too. I thought this was amusing seeing as all I had managed to say in

that short space of time was hello John and thank you John! lol. Yes I agree

he looked stunning...altho very flushed from having to do as many autos as

he could. All I can say is that he must be a very fit man in more ways than

one to find the energy for so much multi tasking!

*Oooooooo...flushed...and...sweaty...JB...Mmmm* :poki:

Please bring John back to another show SM...the guy is amazing!!! :dance:

I got there at 9 and saw him about 3.30, he was awesome! Remembered me from the photoshoot and gave me a wink, shook my hand to chat a little about his part in the producers!

I was quing up since 5am sunday morning my virtual ticket was number 2, an I stayed there till he came bout 10:20 So I was in the first 5 people to see him even got my pic personlised!!!

He was so nice love him!!! :wub::wub:

I got there at 9 and saw him about 3.30, he was awesome! Remembered me from the photoshoot and gave me a wink, shook my hand to chat a little about his part in the producers!

I was quing up since 5am sunday morning my virtual ticket was number 2, an I stayed there till he came bout 10:20 So I was in the first 5 people to see him even got my pic personlised!!!

He was so nice love him!!! :D:D

And so you should!

That's awesome. I distinctly remember the first load of people coming out and fanning themselves from JB awesomeness.

The photographer was absolutely fine when I went through for my Eve Myles photoshoot, it was the same procedure as always, where he asks for the next person to "step forward " he checks the photo on the camera, and maybe asks for you to stay where you are for a second shot if required.

Then when you leave, he asks you to take a ticket and leave the area. With me, he has sometimes asked me to push my glasses up , now we sometimes joke about it !!

Considering how long he's been doing the photoshoots at events , I've found him to be very professional considering the number of people that want photoshoots

That may be so but when you have children with and you have a bus to catch, I didn't have the privelidge of hanging arund all day.

If you were planning to see John, you really should have planed to be there VERY early, or planned to stay much later, possibly till the end, he was going to be that popular and most people figured that.

Before I left it seemed that he had done well of 1300 autos, how many do you people want the guy to sign in one day, especially when they have too eat and do photoshoots?

I heard he got to 1500 and something, and a lot of people were getting multiple things done, so prob looking at a good few thousand things signed, poor bloke!

Well I got there at 9.45 ish and was 826. I had no idea he would be that busy, I have never seen a guest like it at Collectormania. Got to see him at 4.30ish which was a very long wait but worth it.

Ive seen quite a few people that popular..imagine patrick stewart had been here still :D

My only grumble was the photo shoot. You could tell he looked stressed and I am not sure if any of you heard the photographer yelling at the top of his voice to get the next person ready.

Seemed just like any other photoshoot to me!

REALLY Sorry if I upset anyone, I dont want to get my dealer into trouble

That sounded so dodgy :D

He was so nice love him!!! :D:D

And so you should!

That's awesome. I distinctly remember the first load of people coming out and fanning themselves from JB awesomeness.

Yer I was one of them, I heard someone say they had ticket number 1001 anyone know wat the tickets actually went too??

He was so nice love him!!! :D:wub:

And so you should!

Yer I was one of them, I heard someone say they had ticket number 1001 anyone know wat the tickets actually went too??

My understanding was that they gave out 1500 VQ tickets. Evidently, some had gone home before their numbers were called, but he went Open Queue for 15-20 minutes before the end.

The truth behind Malcolm raising his voice is very easy, and definately not meant to offend a single person - whether crew or attendee.

With the amount of people in the queue, Malcolm needs to get things done exactly when he needs them done, and if he feels that he hasn't been heard the first time he asks something, he'll repeat himself in a louder voice.

For instance, there were a few occasions when there was an official C:MK announcement happening and it would have been understandable that Malcolm's first request was drowned out.

I've worked with Malcolm on a number of occasions, and never for one single moment has he meant to offend or intimidate anyone - whether crew, guest or attendee.

The truth behind Malcolm raising his voice is very easy, and definately not meant to offend a single person - whether crew or attendee.

With the amount of people in the queue, Malcolm needs to get things done exactly when he needs them done, and if he feels that he hasn't been heard the first time he asks something, he'll repeat himself in a louder voice.

For instance, there were a few occasions when there was an official C:MK announcement happening and it would have been understandable that Malcolm's first request was drowned out.

I've worked with Malcolm on a number of occasions, and never for one single moment has he meant to offend or intimidate anyone - whether crew, guest or attendee.

It was my first ever collectormania and photo shoot, have to admit i just stood there shaking a little and grinning like a cheshire cat!! As you have obviously attended a few shoots are they all just stand and shoot or if you ask can they do one a little less posed not sure what maybe a silly shot? Just wondered!

if the shoot is like John's or James's then there's not really any chance of getting a silly shot, but if it's really quiet, not many people queueing then you can ask I guess, but I've never seen anyone do it at a signing event, only at a weekend convention.

if the shoot is like John's or James's then there's not really any chance of getting a silly shot, but if it's really quiet, not many people queueing then you can ask I guess, but I've never seen anyone do it at a signing event, only at a weekend convention.

Oh that sounds good i've booked the hub so you never know!

Bruce Campbell was doing two photos with EVERYONE during his photoshoot in coventry which was really cool. A silly pose then a proper pose for everyone, but then that was a quiet event..Still, he had quite a lot of people to see getting photos! Top guy.