quotes on autographs

drzoidberg

Go on to IMDb look up the actor you want the quote from

look at their screen credits choose the Show or movie they are in that you want the quote from and then click it

then scroll through the page till the quotes section comes up click more and then all the qoutes from the person you want will be marked in purple

hope that helps

I've never really gone for quotes, if the guests wants to write a small something thats fine, but other then that, its usually just there signature.

Though sometimes when I get an over the table photos with the guest done and then printed at Boots, I like them to sign it and they most often write a message, and sometimes sign mine and my fiances name on the photo.

:blink:

LLAP :borg:

I just hope there's none of that 'no personalisations' nonsense. As if it takes up so much time writing a name along with an autograph. That was the situation with James Marsters last time, and I really didn't like the way some of the crew working with him were talking to us.

I just hope there's none of that 'no personalisations' nonsense. As if it takes up so much time writing a name along with an autograph. That was the situation with James Marsters last time, and I really didn't like the way some of the crew working with him were talking to us.

I've heard that James never personalizes autographs.. is that correct? Its a shame.

• Showmasters Admin

It's is usually very rare for no personalisations to be enforced. In that case is was James' decision no one elses.

Sorry if the crew sounds off with you. You have to understand that they have to enforce a rule sometimes even they don't really agree with. And after the 50th person complains at them about it, it becomes hard to be "overtly" nice to the next person that asks/questions it. I'm not excusing it, I'm just explaining why it can happen.

Apart from time constraints, I could never understand no personalisations.

A pic with say Lee, Mick or Sarah on, is less likely to be sold on, then one with just a signature on.

Then again writing peoples names and requested quote can slow things down quite a bit, and when you want to make sure everyone gets an auto (more sigs on pics etc, more money for everyone involved) well the names and quotes have to go.

I know some guests arn't doing it just for the money (but most do or they wouldn't charge such prices) JMO

:blink:

LLAP :borg:

Edited by zebredy

• Showmasters Admin

I was told that James doesn't personalise because he broke his hand when he was younger and he can't write much without it hurting.

I was told something similar.

^^ Thats what ive been told as well.

Hmm i dont know this time.

I might get santiargo to put something like 'now its my turn to be a hero' if i remember.

When i met Jack Coleman he signed my auto 'call me noah' for me : )

I met James when Buffy/Angel were still being broadcast. This was at an official event although it was a small con but he signed a photo to me then added Bite Me and his signature.

ok, that is so cool! would love him to write that on my pic lol!

I met James when Buffy/Angel were still being broadcast. This was at an official event although it was a small con but he signed a photo to me then added Bite Me and his signature.

Yeah I have personal signed items from James. One with bite me on and one with xoxo on. Don't think I have anymore. All signed with my name on them as well.

I think a lot of problems with personalisations lies in name spelling. At another event if you had a name spelt differently, you had to write it down before you got there. lol

I always find I get a laugh when anyone asked me how I spell my name. I say in the biblical sense. Then comes the laugh...:blink:;)

I dont usually ask for quotes myself, it they want to write one it's cool, or put a message, then thats fine. I think it's nicer if they do it without you asking, it makes the message a bit more personal.

With James, he's probably able to personalise 200 auto's at a small event, but at CM's he has to get through 1,000 people a day at times which is probably why he doesn't.

Always have your name on a post-it - then it always gets spelled right. Should see the trouble I have with some people, and my name is Bob which isn't hard to spell!

I dont usually ask for quotes myself, it they want to write one it's cool, or put a message, then thats fine. I think it's nicer if they do it without you asking, it makes the message a bit more personal.

I'd agree with that - it's like asking for hugs in photo sessions, it's just interesting to see what the guest comes up with themselves.

Having said that of course, some guests (understandably) write the same phrase on just about every photo, whether asked to or not, or alternate between a select few.