Phantom Menace

sweetj_nomad

Starting a poster signed at LFCC?

Just in 2 minds really.

Would be nice to get more autos on a new trilogy poster. Plus its an excuse to meet Mr Maul again.

Problem is im already collecting on an old trilogy poster, 2 LOTR posters and soon to be an xmen AND heroes one after this event ;)

what peeps think?

the acting was pretty pants. but the light saber dual more than made up for most. i remember the first time darth maul stepped out with that double ended saber! classic!

im just worried bout getting new trilogy people on my old trilogy poster. or is that me being too picky :blink:

For the old skool fans, TPM was rubbish; Lucas directing with his Abacus, as Mark Kermode would say.

But I have many a happy memory of TPM because of the hype and build-up, which was fantastic and that should count for something too, and if it was me I'd rather have prequal trilogy people sign on a new, prequel trilogy poster rather then an OT one. So go for it is what I would say! :blink:

• Moderators

im just worried bout getting new trilogy people on my old trilogy poster. or is that me being too picky :blink:

If it were me, I wouldn't want people on something they weren't in, but different people don't mind ..

i'll probably just end up getting a 10x8 of captain tarpals because im planning on ray park signing an xmen poster if i can get hold of one along with patrick stewart. problem with that is its very rare to see guests from them films from as far as ive seen...

also im thinking of getting andie tong to draw a toad vs xavier picture to get them both to sign whilst in london :blink:

I really must wonder, what is the point in getting somebody to sign a poster for a film they did not appear in! It becomes messy, confusing and devalues the collection of names you already have. Would you get Patrick Stewart to sign a poster or image from ST:TOS or ST: Voyager for example just because it all fell under the Star Trek franchise?

Horses for courses.....keep the signatures to the people who were in the specific film.

Edited by Niallsdad

the acting was pretty pants. but the light saber dual more than made up for most. i remember the first time darth maul stepped out with that double ended saber! classic!

Yes , it was so cool when Maul stepped out with the double light saber :D ......

and then , 13 seconds later when he was dead and down the hole :o .....

you sorta wondered why he had been the MAJOR selling point of the film :(:D:WINCE:

Maybe another toy-selling excuse from the money-grabbing American film-maker , me thinks :pyth:

I have the first volume of the Angel Casefiles signed by anybody who's ever been in Angel that's done and event I've been to, not just seasons one and two which is all the book covers.

Same with Firefly. I got people to sign Vol 1 who were only in the second half of the season and therefore only Vol 2 of the book.

That said, I would never get a Firefly sig on my Serenity poster, or a Serenity sig on my Firefly book, if they weren't in it.

For the old skool fans, TPM was rubbish; Lucas directing with his Abacus, as Mark Kermode would say.

But I have many a happy memory of TPM because of the hype and build-up, which was fantastic and that should count for something too, and if it was me I'd rather have prequal trilogy people sign on a new, prequel trilogy poster rather then an OT one. So go for it is what I would say! :D

I think it depends whether you were into the expanded universe series of books (E.g. Heir to the Empire, etc.). I was, so I enjoyed The Phantom Menace and the other prequels. My brother, who has no knowledge of the expanded universe, hated the film.

I watched the old starwars films when i was very little and loved them, a year or 2 before the PTM came out.

And man the PTM is sooo fricken owned by everyone i mean really it wasn't THAT bad. I thought it was good although yes Darth Maul could have had a better background rather then just being there for a cool fight......kind of like in Transformers.

I liked PTM and hated AOTC and loved ROTS. I felt though the films are flawed in some parts but not as bad as everyone says they are.

i'm not having this argument again.

...oh,if you insist,lol.

the phantom menace had its ups and downs... but it's a film i can put on in the background and still find new things to enjoy about it.

the staps,for example,not as sexy as speeder bikes,but somebody clearly loves them,as to feature them in the new clone wars trailer...or the old trailer...

the background details at mos espa,hell,the whole damn pod-race...what an amazing spectacle,be honest... the editing in that entire sequence,briliiant.

okay,a little too much cgi,they could have done jar jar as a guy in a suit and had him just as annoying.

watto,what a great character... a real character,too.

a stellar cast of supporting actors,not just headline grabbing choices...

of course jake lloyd was terrible,but...

when he kept his trap shut he was so cute...

come on,it's not so bad...

it could have been a lot worse.

im just worried bout getting new trilogy people on my old trilogy poster. or is that me being too picky :D

There is nothing, I repeat nothing classic about Phantom Menace it is just a steaming pile of cow dung.

TPM was alright, in my opinion it was much better than AOTC, sure it has its bad points but there are plenty of good bits too. I started aTPM poster at C11 with Ray Park and Alan Ruscoe signing it, so i will be getting Steven Speirs, Ralph Brown, Clarence Smith and Kenny Baker to sign it at LFCC, shame Bronagh cancelled :(

Edited by Sauron