IMPORTANT INFORMATION: DATE CHANGE - 1st and 2nd Sept

• Showmasters Admin

Anyone who has booked tickets don't worry, you won't need to buy more tickets. New tickets will be issued automatically.

If you have bought a Golden Programme and can't now make it due to the date change please contact us (info@collectormania.com) and we can arrange a refund for you.

The guest announcements disappeared from the top of the page because I unpinned them! They are still around somewhere in this section. And I'll be changing the main website, sending out a forum e-mail, etc this afternoon.

Andrea

I've just checked and it looks like the Bill Nighy thread has disappeared. But this is down to the bloody forum gremlins again rather than any kind of cancellation (it's all Zach Galligan's fault, I'm sure he let the pests loose on the forum!).

Andrea

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a teacher!!!!!

I don't know if I can come to London and I have already paid the flight and the golden programme!!!

I protest! :P:P

If I cannot come because of my job, can I have my money back?

;)

As Andrea stated in her previous post :

If you have bought a Golden Programme and can't now make it due to the date change please contact us (info@collectormania.com) and we can arrange a refund for you.

Im not sure about any monies you paid out for a flight, best to speak to the airline , but these days they wont refund you.

I am really sorry to hear that you had to change the dates of the Con, Showmasters, and I sure hope that you do not have to cancel it altogether like you did that con earlier in the year. My wife and I (we live in Belgium BTW) look forward to coming this year, for we had such a great time last year, our first year coming to LFCC. Vacationwise I am okay and she is at work speaking to her bosses about rearranging her vacation dates, which we had booked for several months now. Fortunately we had not gone to the travel agent yet (we were going to go tomorrow and book) so maybe we can arrange something.

Showmasters, I am sure you are going to catcha lot of flack because ofthis so I wanted to compliment you and the rest of the staff for doing such a good job putting all of this together. Things like this happen and yes they are an aggravating inconvenience but we have to realize that it is even more aggravating for the show organizers. You should be commended for all the hard work you do, especially considering all of the complaints I am sure you will get because of the date change. Hats off to the Showmasters staff for all their hard work!

Even if we can't change the dates we're still coming to London and going sightseeing for a week. London is a lovely city!

Edited by atlantisman

Have had to book with a different hotel for this new weekend and lost the £49 I had to pay in advance for the original dates as it's not refundable.

Ah well ,these things happen but got new room for £26 so can't complain.

Thankfully didn't book transport as yet.

DAMNIT. I already booked tickets for theatre shows and for the hotel which I don't think I can change. What a waste of hundreds of pounds. I'm practically in tears right now, that's £150 I've wasted that I can't get back. I don't even know if I can afford to pay for a second week of hotels.

Edited by Psychosis

• Showmasters Admin

Did Hayden and Zachary confirm that the new dates are okay? I lost 150 quid cause of the changed dates (not blaming you) and I don't wanna shell out more money without knowing that they're going.

We are waiting on a number of the guests checking their calenders to make sure the new dates fit. We'll let you know as soon as we can.

I'd originally planned to fly back a week after I finished work. Should still get a few days' break after working as long as I can change the return flight without an extra charge. I won't ask the agency quite yet though, just in case we have a GMEX repeat. But fingers crossed that doesn't happen! *crosses fingers*

Edited by TurkFox

To all those talking about losing money on flights owing to the change, might I suggest in the future you take out Travel Insurance, an annual policy for UK travel is less than the price of an autograph and would refund any flight losses from this cause.

I haven't waded through all of the responses to this thread but haven't we also had this problem with the GMEX event having to be chaneged because of multiple bookings. It seems to me that too many venues overbook themselves and then leave it to organisers to clear up the mess.:wub:

I always decide to go the week before the event takes place! Lucky me, I live in Essex: I can afford to wait and see but I am sorry for the other fans, especially for those coming from abroad.

Let's also hope all the guests can make it, especially Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner.