My Visit to the U.K.

Sandra Taylor

I wanted to check out the chat board from the last Collectormania8 that I attended, hoping to find a nice bunch of e-mails. Instead I was saddened by some of the responses. I wanted to post a note to say how much I enjoyed England & Milton Keynes & meeting all the wonderful people. I truly had a wonderful experience & did not leave your beautiful country feeling as I did not "fit in" or "stuck out like a sore thumb". Perhaps I was not advertised correctly, but I have been in many films such as "Batman & Robin", "Underseige 2", Princess Diaries 1 & 2 (and YES I did have collages of the movie, but sold out), "Exit to Eden", "Tomcats" to name a few. I have also done a Celebrity pictorial in Playboy, but did not feel I had only such photos on my table, I thank the person who came to my defense saying the "adult" photos or "nudes" were in a seperate folder & marked as such. And Yes, I left my ears & tail at home! As far as my "self promotion" Everyone had a banner above them, not just me. Also the display with me on it was the same as Catherine's, so I was not the only one. I had my prices posted because I was selling my photos and paid my own way to get to England, whereas the other celebrities had the show selling their photos & were told how much their photos were. It was just a different set-up for me. I worked very hard the 3 days I was there & was genuinely honored to meet & greet everyone & treated everyone with the upmost respect. If you were to talk to any of the 3 assistants who helped me, they would tell you the same. I'm so sorry some of you feel compelled to write such mean things about me. I thought I had a nice time & met some wonderful people. I wish you'd compare my resume to others if you feel I don't measure up. I think you'd be surprised.

I cant say I have read any of the comments of which you talk, but I do feel saddened that you feel this way. I spent alot of my time over that weekend working alongside Catherine and really enjoyed my experience. As far as the banners went, I did not think that was un-ordinary it was just an alternate picture of yourselves that allows people to know who you are, and that you are there.

When I spoke with you over the weekend I found your company tto be great and I can only hope that you dont get put off by comments on the forum and come back again in the future if you do so wish!

Alex

I have just read that link as it was posted during my reply, and I think that some of the comments were totally unnecessary and undeserved. Obvioulsy people have questions for things happening but in most cases their are reasons. Why do people on the board feel complled to criticise the guests. If they are not happy then how do you expect anyone to ever come back. Alot of the guests I have worked with have said they do check the forum before and after a show to see peoples responses.

Edited by Alx

Hi Sandra..

I'm the Batman that Had a quick photoshoot with you on the Sunday, (which I personally enjoyed)

I found you to be very nice, personable and the fact that you took the time to have that Photoshoot done with me was a great honor.

All the best in the future.. xx

Kevin Aka Combat Gerbil..aka Batman..

P.S. You don't have a copy of the pics you could send me do you?... :lol:

Good on Ms Taylor for her reply although she does not owe us an explanation at all. She was a fun guest and brought a little something extra to the show

Now that might not have been to everyone interest but so what? Why the dig at her.

It is always amazing that attendees come on to the forum and have a moan but never have the guts to say something directly to the guests, organisers or fellow attendees in person. If you have concerns mention it at the time so at least you know you voice has been heard and guess what sometimes it works.

Hi Sandra i was a runner for you on Sunday morning and I briefly met you on the Saturday too. In reply to that thread I posted very nice comments about you cos I thought you were fab! anyway, we all enjoyed having you in the UK but you're always gonna get the few that like to cause trouble. hope you weren't too offended by all of this.

Hi Sandra,

I would also like to offer my support to you, I met you twice over the weekend and you took the time to say hello & make conversation with me, and from those I got speaking to, I heard nothing but praise for you.

I did not think the banners were over the top, and do think that some people just like to put people down for the hell of it.

I also think that you coming on here posting from your point of view is good, as it is something not alot of guests would probably do.

Hope you are not too offended by the small-mindedness of a few people, and also hope that this does not put you off returning to the UK if(when) Showmasters ask you.

Bring Howard Stern, I'm sure he'll sort these idiots that started this out :rolleyes::o

Not that you have not managed wonderfully yourself by posting on these forums.

I didn't attend C8 so cannot comment on the majority of the comments made but having read both threads I think Jasons reply says it all really.

Sandra, please try not to take it to heart, there are some people who will never be happy unless existance is arranged to their personal specifications.

I hope the comments made have not marred your experiences too much, by the sounds of things there where far more people who were delighted to meet you.

some people dont care about upseting other people or hurting there feeling they have there own world and as long as they are happy then thats that to them.

I didnt meet u at c8 but i seen u and took some piccys for my hubby who couldent attend :blink: but for what i did see of u with fans u were chatty and friendley and im sure u wouldent have a problem with most people if u decided to vist again

• Moderators

I've seen other guests with advertising too - Dave Prowse has had a big sign advertising his book before. So why not?

I know it's easy enough to slag off guests etc on here, but when some of them DO come on here, word of mouth can be very dangerous!

As with anything, there'll always be positive or negative feedback, but sometimes people are very wrong. Constructive criticism is a lot better.

Hi Sandra,

I'm the girl you gave the stuffed dog to. I've just read the thread that the person started with the negative comments towards you to, and I think they are quite out of line. Having spent some time chatting with you, I know that you are nothing like that member is trying to make you out to be.

Your a truly lovely person and please dont be downhearted by the idiots who like to complain about everything, unfortunatly there tend to be a few people like that around here.

by the way, How are you english phrases going?

Edit: And I hope the gifts you bought were appreciated

All the best,

Naomi

xxx

Edited by nomi-noo

I wanted to check out the chat board from the last Collectormania8 that I attended, hoping to find a nice bunch of e-mails.  Instead I was saddened by some of the responses.  I wanted to post a note to say how much I enjoyed England & Milton Keynes & meeting all the wonderful people.  I truly had a wonderful experience & did not leave your beautiful country feeling as I did not "fit in" or "stuck out like a sore thumb".  Perhaps I was not advertised correctly, but I have been in many films such as "Batman & Robin", "Underseige 2", Princess Diaries 1 & 2 (and YES I did have collages of the movie, but sold out), "Exit to Eden", "Tomcats"  to name a few.  I have also done a Celebrity pictorial in Playboy, but did not feel I had only such photos on my table,  I thank the person who came to my defense saying the "adult" photos or "nudes" were in a seperate folder & marked as such.  And Yes, I left my ears & tail at home!  As far as  my "self promotion"  Everyone had a banner above them, not just me.  Also the display with me on it was the same as Catherine's, so I was not the only one.  I had my prices posted because I was selling my photos and paid my own way to get to England, whereas the other celebrities had the show selling their photos & were told how much their photos were.  It was just a different set-up for me.  I worked very hard the 3 days I was there & was genuinely honored to meet & greet everyone & treated everyone with the upmost respect.  If you were to talk to any of the 3 assistants who helped me, they would tell you the same.  I'm so sorry some of you feel compelled to write such mean things about me.  I thought I had a nice time & met some wonderful people.  I wish you'd compare my resume to others if you feel I don't measure up.  I think you'd be surprised.

893857[/snapback]

I would have loved to meet you but didn't have the time to meet everyone I wanted maybe some other time

Once again Skid is too lazy to log herself into this.

Anyways, I was crewing near where you were on fri and sun. Sandra you were a truely lovely person and so don't let anyone who was bad mouthing you have an affect. After the shows there is ALWAYS a group of people who come onto the boards and have a go at the guests, the event, the crew. You name it they manage to find fault with it and they never in thier lives consider how this will effect the people they are writing about when they read these comments.

The people who saw you doing things a bit differently probably didn;t even bother to come up and talk to you, they just saw something new and wanted to moan about it.

I hope these idiots dont stop you wanting to come back to see us again.

Sidonie

Hi Sandra,

I was helping a guest on the table next to yours on the saturday, and i noticed that you were doing a great job of keeping your fans happy!

You made the time to speak to everybody, and i noticed that everyone who met you walked away with a smile.

Please try to ignore any comments that may have caused offence to you, you were, and still are, very welcome at the event.

Hi Sandra,

It's a shame but there are some people in this world who do not seem to be able to ever say good things, they only look for the negative (in their opinion) so that they can moan about it. They don't speak for everyone and please don't think that one person's view should matter when so many others plainly disagree.

It's obvious to most people that guests come to an event partly to meet the fans and partly to promote themselves and their career - what would be the point otherwise?? You have no need to justify yourself at all!

It speaks volumes that the dissenter(s) don't have the guts to answer your thread. Ignore them and concentrate your thoughts on the many people who came to see you because they wanted to.

It also says a lot that you care what people think - that demonstrates your integrity and the value you place in your fans. You deserve respect for that, and I hope the number of positive replies you're getting makes you feel happier about coming back in the future, most of England are welcoming and friendly, I promise!! :rolleyes:

• Showmasters Admin

Firstly I'd just like to agree with everything that has been said above.

Secondly the main thing I hope you can take from this thread is that most of the people here do not hold the same opinion as the person that started that thread. The person is question has never to my knowledge had anything remotely positive to say about anything to do with the Showmasters events. Please don't take it personally.

This was just one person, there were a lot of posts applauding you. From a quick search….

SANDRA TAYLOR -The lady for us lads to fawn over of course but she was so sweet giving us all so much time and showing great interest in what we had to say,met her friday and then when back with the wife on sunday she insisted she went to say hello for a laugh and told her the photo i had with her made me look like i had died and gone to heaven(it did indeed)she said how cool it was for my wife to come and have a laugh with her and i took the opportunity to buy another pic and have another pic with her.
Sandra Taylor was hot!!
Sandra Taylor....I'm smitten!!  :uhoh:
Sandra Taylor was a babe. She was really nice and friendly. The guy with her was a pain, but Sandra herself was competely charming and I would go to see again if she came back.
I did not meet Sandra but she seemed like she was having a good time and being quite interactive with fans while I was nearby in Terry Malloy's line.

One chap was having his photo taken and was shaking like a leaf! I thought he was going to faint.

Sandra Taylor - Saw her on the Friday and chatted to her for a while when it was quiet, my camera was used and she let several pictures be taken, so that I could get a good one developed at Boots and then take that back for signing!! Found her really pleasant to talk to, and on Sunday, she insisted seeing all the signed pictures I had got over the weekend!!! She made the whole trip worthwhile

In answer to, who was your fav guest?

Sandra Taylor for obvious reasons, really nice person to talk to and was pleasantly surprised when I mentioned I was able to listen to Howard Stern. She's got a chapter dedicated to her in his book you know!  :D :firedevil: Hey now! FYAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
Edited by Too Tall