Collectormania Party...........

adam_bomb

It was the first party i had attended can't say it was much fun....i must be getting too old or something,but will save £15 from the next one!!

875597[/snapback]

Perhaps it was just the music.....the DJ was pants,besides i felt i was in a student bar!! :D

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As has been said before, and this IS the most important point, a party is WHAT YOU MAKE IT.

Go with friends. Then you'll have good company.

Get drunk beforehand if you're that worried about prices. Plenty of others did.

If you have problems with that, don't drink. I didn't, and I had fun.

The music is never EVER going to please everyone! If you weren't sure who Common Rotation were before the party, you could have previewed them on a website or something and just not gone if you thought they were crap. Or do what I did, and just not listen to them!

Yeah you could go clubbing if you wanna go somewhere that you can sit and not even hear your own thoughts, let alone talk to your friends etc. But that doesn't sound too appealing to me.

And if you wanna meet the guests ... well, I'm pretty sure they appeared in Middleton Hall over the past weekend from what I saw! :D

Some people had fun because they decided to make the most of a night out and not waste their money being miserable. It's a shame everyone couldn't do that.

875602[/snapback]

Right on Vido. I had a fantastic time. I do think that the cost of the tickets is too much.

The varying bar prices DO seem to be an issue... my suggestion is that you send SM an e-mail complaining about them and ask them to raise the matter with the Hockey Stadium management. Better still, write to the management yourselves.

After all, the staff who are making up rpices as they go are at best incompetant, at worst, lining their own pockets, so perhaps asking for a transparent pricing policy (i.e. a LIST of bar prices) is not unreasonable.

If you STILL feel aggrieved, you can either write to the Trading Standards people, or the Milton Keynes citizen.

As for the no guests at the party thing - and don't quote me as this isn't official - but I did hear that Shatner took the guests out to dinner on Saturday night. Have no idea if this is true but if I was a guest and I had a choice I'd definately go for the party option!

• Moderators
As for the no guests at the party thing - and don't quote me as this isn't official -  but I did hear that Shatner took the guests out to dinner on Saturday night. Have no idea if this is true but if I was a guest and I had a choice I'd definately go for the party option!

875728[/snapback]

Yep I heard that too!

The drink prices are nothing to do with SM...Sodexho are the catering company for the stadium and their staff/prices/etc come as bog standard for any event.And yes they are useless,overpriced and rubbish but hey....sodexho is a huge company that caters most stadiums,theatres and even schools these days unfortunatly.

The drink prices are nothing to do with SM...Sodexho are the catering company for the stadium and their staff/prices/etc come as bog standard for any event.And yes they are useless,overpriced and rubbish but hey....sodexho is a huge company that caters most stadiums,theatres and even schools these days unfortunatly.

875859[/snapback]

I'm not referring to the high prices, so much as the random amounts charged!!! If a pint is £3 (very high) and the barman is charging £4.00+, what do you think happens to the difference?

Yeh, Shatner did take the other guests out a meal on the night of the party, so thats obviously not SM's fault, all they can do is offer the guests the chance to come along, and I know several of them were planning to as I asked them myself. And come on, if the fact that a celebrity wasnt there stopped you enjoying yourself at a party, then you really need to wonder whether or not you should be going to parties at all....

i agree with the price changing costantly

i had 3 pints of coke, one cost 1 30, then 2 40 , then 2 70, when i remarked abt being charged less before they said that was a mistake,

when they asked for 2 70, i said how much is a pint of lager, and they said 2 50, which was the same price as the smirnoff ice, which i herd someone payed like 3 45 for one!

lol

as sumone said ask for the bar price list by law all bars must have a list of prices on a peice of paper by the bar or behind it to be veiwed on request

Why don't everyone either get drunk beforehand or bring their own drink?

Or was bringing your own drink not allowed or something....

875753[/snapback]

Bringing your own drink onto licenced premises is a major no-no; likely to get you heaved out, because it can get the licensees into trouble; they're licensed to sell drinks for consumption on the premises, not let people turn up and consume their own stuff. The conduct and behaviour of people in their establishment can come back on them; they're supposed to keep an eye on their clientele and not serve them if they are (too) drunk, and intervene if people start looking lairy - smuggling your own booze in makes it tricky to keep an eye on people if they're not coming up to the bar occasionally to get drinks. It may also sidestep any procedures they have (or have had to employ) about letting glass containers into certain areas if they are only supposed to use plastic. Finally, and debates about particular prices here aside, it is rather rude. If everybody took their own drink in they wouldn't make any money on the bar and so probably wouldn't want to host the party again.

As for having a few drinks before you go out to reduce your expensive consumption when you're out, not a bad idea but a) don't get so drunk at the start that you won't get let in anywhere, and :wub: be careful you don't end up drinking just as much as usual once you have gone out and therefore end up way drunker (and more vulnerable) than intended.

Edited by TommyT

875859[/snapback]

I'm not referring to the high prices, so much as the random amounts charged!!! If a pint is £3 (very high) and the barman is charging £4.00+, what do you think happens to the difference?

875870[/snapback]

well you know again...that extra pound lines the sodexho workers pockets...lets just shoot sodoffho..it could be really fun

I can't be bothered to read through all the posts so sorry if I say anything which has aleady been said but I personally thought the party a bigger rip-off than usual.

The cars didn't seem to hand around for long.

The bar was the usual 'can't get served and too expensive' scenario.

Much as I like Common Rotation, I'm not convinced 9pm was the right time to have them on. It seemed to kill off the tiny bit of party atmospehere there had been before they came on.

No stars turned up (which I know that are not obliged to do but it shouldn't be advertised as a party with star guests as it creates a valid expectation of at least oone start guest turning up - I mean other than Devon Murray who always turns up anyway).

And the music was rubbish. I mean for goodness sake, have a selection of music. Prior to CR the dancefloor was full of people camping out on the floor so no chance to dance anyway and afterwards there was just a load of rock. Is it impossible to have a mixture of music to suit all tastes?! I was appalled.

The parties are going downhill and there seem to be fewer people turning up. I wonder if they will continue to be viable in the future?

I would of thought for a party at C9, crew will look at everyone suggestions here and ideas to see how they could improve, I would strongly advise a new place in venue with better bar staff firstly...there seems to be some issues with the DJ too.

876352[/snapback]

There aren't really many suitable, alternative venues that close to the centre.

I wasn't too grand on Saturday night, so that was the downer for me, but that's no-one's fault! The only complaint I got is for the venue itself and not SM. The lift they have had this gross rancid smell in it, it made both me and my mate ill. It was completely putrid.

However, like Sod's Law, I felt 100% better an hour before the party finished, and I ended up having an absolute blast downstairs with some mates. Then went on to abuse the bar in the Holiday Inn Express!!!

All in all, Lea and I did have a jolly ol time of it!

And the music was rubbish.  I mean for goodness sake, have a selection of music.  Prior to CR the dancefloor was full of people camping out on the floor so no chance to dance anyway and afterwards there was just a load of rock.  Is it impossible to have a mixture of music to suit all tastes?!  I was appalled.

Actually there was a variety - the DJ played Rock, R&B, Convention Music etc. As I've said elsewhere, there was a thread on these forums asking for requests, there was also a pad and paper in front of the DJ stand where you could write requests. If you didn't like the music then perhaps you should've requested something for yourself.

The DJ had to keep loads of people happy and he tried, believe me, but as people have mentioned, having Common Rotation on beforehand didn't help him much as it killed half of his playlist. Towards the end the dancefloor seemed busy enough to me.