Collectormania Party...........

adam_bomb

talking to the band and other musicians on Sunday they all reckoned the sound quality was good. remember you are seeing a live band in a real room, not listening to a studio mastered cd.

Sparks

877235[/snapback]

ok i didnt go to the party, although i do wish i had now! my mate who went phoned me from the party when common rotation were playing because she wanted me to hear what they sounded like and i have to say that even with hearing it down a phone line it sounded great to me!

i know a HUGE amount of hard work went into this party and getting everything ready for the band and that the best was done considering the circumstances/delays that occured. Its ok for people to come on here and moan but things happen that cant be helped and the situation is dealt with in the best way that is humanly possible, i mean these guys aint superman!!!!

im not saying that it was perfect (i wasnt there so cant really comment) and maybe there were things that needed to be improved but thats a learning curve. Im sure that everyone involved did their very best to make it a good party and as it has been said in previous posts a party is as good as you make it.

roll on C9 and hopefully the C9 party which i WILL attend!!!! :huh::D:D

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, the party was a total rip off. £15 entry then extortionate bar prices, and they didn't even have any orange juice in the downstairs bar, or any inclination to go upstairs and blag a few from the other bar :blink:

But, there were a few redeeming qualities....

The inflatables made the night, loved the whole set up outside the party. Also the 7ft tall Spike-alike was hilarious. The Chavette White Queen wannabe also raised more than a few giggles as well.

I thought that the Party was reasonable. It had it's down points, but doesn't every Party?

In my opinion, it really picked up towards the end of the evening, and I had a great time with the Inflatables outside, whilst CR were playing.

I am not a CR fan at all, and most of the DJ music didn't appeal to me - but that didn't stop me having fun. Me and my mates made our own!

Edited by Cher2a

However  it's silly  not to admit that there are problems  with that venue , it's long and low and narrow , the stage isn't high enough ( presumably it can't be  raised  because of the low ceiling)

It's certainly not a perfect venue by any means, and we are aware of that. No venue ever is, sadly. We have looked at and considered other venues in the area, each with their pros and cons, and the Stadium remains the best option we have available to us.

Yes it's central, I presume it's fairly inexpensive but if it's not  suitable to your purpose  then  a new venue is needed.

It's affordable, but hardly cheap. We did have cheaper options available to us, but we passed on them for various reasons, including location. I would agree that the venue isn't ideal (no venue is perfect), but I wouldn't say it is totally unsuitable either.

Also the  catering department of the convention centre really need to not hire  inexperienced bar staff and throw them straight into a busy shift at a party . Not your problem  in some ways but you're paying for a service and not getting it .

That's certainly something we can discuss with the venue.

However the party itself seems like a fairly straightforward  set up  and, as such I feel justified , as a paying customer, in passing comment.

As a paying customer, you are entitled to make constructive criticisms, certainly. Set-up was't as straightforward as you think, given that we had late access to the venue and were in the middle of also running a show down the road.

Thanks for your time and congratulations on all the many things that * did* go right over the weekend.

876713[/snapback]

Thank you for the feedback, both positive and negative.

I have to say, the party was a total rip off.  £15 entry then extortionate bar prices, and they didn't even have any orange juice in the downstairs bar, or any inclination to go upstairs and blag a few from the other bar :D

But, there were a few redeeming qualities....

The inflatables made the night, loved the whole set up outside the party.  Also the 7ft tall Spike-alike was hilarious.  The Chavette White Queen wannabe also raised more than a few giggles as well.

880058[/snapback]

There was no Bacardi downstairs at the beginning of the evening either :D

It was a load of poo. I paid £30 for two tickets and stayed a maximum of 20 minutes. We where lead to believe that our favourite celebs will be turning up (nice money making scam by the way) After 10 mins of being in there I didn't care if they did or not. Basically it was a very over priced crap night out that wasn't worth the steam from a tramps poo.

I know some say you make the night what you want it to be the reply I give you is go and kill yourself the atmosphere has to be good to begin with,they had no lights turned on you couldn't see what was in front of you for gods sake. I don't know about the rest of you but I think it should be fair to at be offered a refund or at least half of what we paid. I have had better nights out for Free. :angry::angry:

Edited by 13amp_fuses

One last thing I would like to add. I only paid £25 (extra £10) to see Guns N' Roses, Soul asylum, Blind Melon and the Cult at the Milton Keynes Bowl so how can you justify £15 for a night out in a dark room with one band playing that when stood by the bar (which wasn't that far from the make shift stage) you couldn't hear them play. I rest my case. :angry::angry:

One last thing I would like to add. I only paid £25 (extra £10) to see Guns N' Roses, Soul asylum, Blind Melon and the Cult at the Milton Keynes Bowl

883527[/snapback]

OMG So did i lol Although saying that, that was a quite a few years ago now and ticket prices have changed a bloody lot.

That brings back memorys :angry:

Ok, I don't know why people are complaining that none of the guests turned up to the party. Yes it said on the website that they would be appearing but that doesn't mean that you have to go to the party relying(sp?) on that. I had a fantastic time at the party because I didn't go purely because of the guests, if you do that then you are going to end up disappointed, cos even when the guests do go you're not nessacarily going to see, or talk, to them.

The fact is the guests had perfectly good reasons as to why they didn't turn up and you still had Adam Busch and Devon Murray there, only 2, but still guests.....surely thats better then nothing?

Note: Stuart I think you did an amazing job...WELL DONE! :angry:

~Tink