Latest guest announcement - CHARISMA CARPENTER

showmasters

i dont really watch buffy or angel but ill meet her if she does it for free

I hope then that she IS charging for autographs - or we could end up with a lot of genuine fans missing out because of people who aren't bothered - but will get an autograph if she's doing it for free.

Chelle

she has to be charging, she's not gonna sit there for hours for free :blink::P

Edited by vampwillow

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I met her before you had one free sig on a personal item (as you did with every guest at the event) and any other sigs had to be on official photos from the event. So techically she didn't charge for her signature but she probably received money from signing official photos.

I wonder how many times she will be signing items made out to "Lee" or "Lovelle" this time round? An easy way for dealers to get her to personalise and then they remove the excess with solvent and have a picture that they can then sell on...

Bohan - have you ever considered that some of those sigs you have seen on FHM/Maxim type pictures could be fake? She would absolutely NOT sign those items before, no exceptions. She was also anxious about photos with fans too. Even in the official photo session she would only do the shoot if she was sat on a stool and the fan sat next to her with no contact as she was really nervous and uncomfortable about it. She may have eased up now after a few more years of celebrity. I just think that if people expect to go and get photos posed with her, they may be disappointed.

Having said all that, I found her to be very pleasant and enjoyed meeting her. Her first day was very nervy but she eased into the event on her second day. She began to throw herself into the event more by that point. Here's hoping that fans get to see the Charisma they want to see at LFACC 3. She is well worth meeting but be patient with her.

apparently she will sign the playboy shoot. but if the fhm is the one she done about 3 year ago she'll refuse to sign that cos apparently she did'nt authorise the photo they put in. she was seriously pi**ed off about it

so you reckon she'll sign the playboy stuff then?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm actually starting to get worried than I'm just gonna end up a gibbering mess when I meet her :rolleyes: I was quite giddy at meeting Christian Kane and was speechless (not that I say much anyhow!) and after meeting Frank Bruno I came away shaking (I'm a huge boxing fan and he's my 2nd fave after Tyson!)... but Cordelia is my fave character ever and Charisma seems like such a lovely person ;)

i'm confused... why wouldn't she be charging???? :firedevil:

charisma has said in the past she doesnt like charging fans for her autograph. but she'll have to..she's not gonna sit there for hours, for free :unsure: also she personlises all auto's so they cant be sold on :wub::wub:

• 2 weeks later...

can showmaster tell us if Charisma will be personalising every autograph?

I have an angel cast shot which only requires Charisma's autograph and personally I'd perfer not to have it personalised. If she is only personalising then I'll have to consider whether to bother getting her autograph. I understand her reasons but every other actor is happy to give just their autograph if requested, espcially if your paying for it.

Any info about this showmasters?

I'm actually starting to get worried than I'm just gonna end up a gibbering mess when I meet her. Cordelia is my fave character ever and Charisma seems like such a lovely person

Yes! I turned into a gibbering wreck during my Angel marathon yesterday. It kept going round and round my head, that in 5 weeks I'll be meeting her and grabbing the auto.

It's 2:21 am and I'm having a very hard time holding my big giant squeal in... Ah, the hell with it...

SQUEAL!!!

• 3 weeks later...
i'm confused... why wouldn't she be charging???? <_<

charisma has said in the past she doesnt like charging fans for her autograph. but she'll have to..she's not gonna sit there for hours, for free :wub: also she personlises all auto's so they cant be sold on :P:D

Alot of people, espacially dealers, know how to remove personalizations from signed items

I have no problem playing for a personalises autograph but I usually try and get 2 photos from each person I meet, one personalised and one unpersonalised. Not because I plan on selling them just because as a fan (and an autograph collector) thats what I prefer

Hope she is signing items without personalising,have two Angel collectors plates I want to be signed. (See pic below)

Charisma.jpg

One is mine & the other is for my friend in N.Wales who can't make it to the event.

But if she won't ,then still have a nice plate at the end of the day.

And will certainly get another signed 10x8 of her as well.

im just hoping she has pics from the 100th episode of angel - ive seen some really good ones of her with the sword in her hand! hope she has them at the signing.

I think charisma was abit overwhealmed at the last con and didn't seem to friendly when i met her! i remeber someone was annoyed as she was swearing a lot apparentley? and they had kids with them - whether this was true i don't know

hopefully she won't be too busy on the sat as i wanna get her then so i have the sun free for val plus i need to get a friend a vq tix for the sun for charisma

Can't wait to meet Cordy :D

I think if people want her autograph they should respect the fact that she may only personalise signatures, as we are very lucky to have the opportunity to meet Charisma.

Does anyone know if she will be signing both days and if she will be posing for photos.

Two weeks to go :lol: jumping around :lol:

Does anyone know if she will be signing both days and if she will be posing for photos.

I've got it in my head that I've read somewhere that Charisma will be signing both days but maybe Showmasters can confirm the day(s) Charisma will be signing?

I think most people are assuming that Charisma won't be posing for photos because she'll be very busy

charisma has said in the past she doesnt like charging fans for her autograph. but she'll have to..she's not gonna sit there for hours, for free :hathor: also she personlises all auto's so they cant be sold on :lol::borg:

Yeh, Eliza says the same but when shes got through 600 people and time short she stopped personalizing. Cant wait to meet her, not long now :)