AUTOGRAPH PRICES AT C6 ! ! ! ! !

Finally! This thread is getting back to normal!

TD asked why the prices are different, I think i have an answer. People are likely to pay more to see...say...Carrie Fisher than they are to see say, Ugluk, and Uruk-Hai from LOTR, but he was in Matrix: Reloaded, and I haven't see that, so I don't know if it is a big part he plays. Did I make that clear.

personally, I have absolutely no problems with the prices, i think they are good. And someone said something about making Sacrafices to get enough money. I can relate to that. I haven't brought anything, and arn't until after collectormania!

But I think it is good that SM pulished the list this much before, giving us an idea of how much we will need.

Mike

:wub:

Edited by Mike

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I please ask somebody from SHOWMASTERS to start a new , locked , topic about individual prices , and only add to it with prices for the other guests , and for new guests .

We shouldn't have to wade through all the unpleasantry just to get to the REAL reason for the post . :wub:

Flights and hotels is a reason that is starting to sound like a broken record.

Surely if the costs were less, MORE people would be inclined to pay and you end up making the same if not more of a profit? Yes no? Am I illogical there?

Maybe the high price is to put people off so that they don't get a repeat of the Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Dominic Monaghan debacle?

A borken record? No its just the truth - how can you get a guest to come if you wont fly them over and give them accomodation???

At the end of the day SMs have to meet their costs and there are only a set number of hours in the day that the guests will sign. Maybe they could charge a little less I don't know their costs :o

But I'm happy with their prices especially comparing them to certain other events. The only major way I see the prices coming right down is if the 'stars' don't want huge fees for attending conventions and I cannot ever see that happening. It would be nice but it'll never happen.lol :(

Can I please ask somebody from SHOWMASTERS to start a new , locked , topic about individual prices , and only add to it with prices for the other guests , and for new guests .

We shouldn't have to wade through all the unpleasantry just to get to the REAL reason for the post . :o

Totally agree with you mate !! :(

In the end we are the people asking SM for the guests and we should have known roughly how much to expect to pay going by how much guests have charged at other events. What would the majority of people want though, to have SM charge £25 for an autograph from Carrie Fisher or not to have her at C6 at all because I am sure that was their choice and I personally am glad they made the decision to bring her over.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

I think I have said all that I wanted to say on this yesterday.

Apart from as far as I can see me and Tenacious D (TD) were having a civilised debate (or I guess more parliment kinda debate, LOL).

I do understand where TD is coming from kind of. But I also see where Showmasters are coming from. I am far from being an ass licker, unfortunately I have a terrible habit of standing up for what I believe in, as should everyone else.

TD if I did offend you at all yesterday during our debate, I'm sorry, it was not the intention. I was trying to explain how/why the Showmasters charge what they do.

Also I wouldn't say I'm a sheep either, if I think Showmasters are wrong on anything, then I'm afraid to say, I would be the first they hear from LOL.

What does upset me is that members have reduced to petty name calling, whilst its great that we can all debate these issues, is there really any need to call names? I don't think you will ever find Tony Blair calling names at his competitors (or whatever ya wanna call them). Sure add in a bit of cheeky, light hearted sarcasm (it makes it more fun).

Yes the issue is perhaps a serious one, but none the less, have some fun with debating. People are more likely to respond nicer to comments.

I had fun debating yesterday with TD, we both have our own opinions as do you all. But in TD's favour, I have not been offended of his post aimed at me.

Anyways, I is rambling on now so I'm outta here.

Happy debating peeps and please keep it clean, there are young kids that read these forums, so if nothing else please spare a thought for them.

Keep it clean!!!!!!!

Love to y'all

Vamps

xXxXx

...Prices for those have risen from about 60 pounds to 80 as well. Yet you pay extra for the photos, and extra for pictures to sign if you don't have anything. Don't forget the photo sessions either. These events only have let's say 6 or maybe 8 guests and you can't choose who you want autographs from. One autograph of each guest is included in the ticket price on an item of your choice for free....

seems like a pretty good deal to me... £80 and if you have 6 guests that would normally charge £20 then that's £120 in autos plus talks are included?! 8guests and you are saving like £60 plus talks are normall £15/£20 too!!! :D

like you have said though, photos aren't included and in some of these conventions, the stars are just given everyone's items to sign or you only get 1auto included in ticket price. :P

everyone has their own priorities and thoughts as to how much things are worth so for some, that's a really good deal; if you are not fussed on photos and chatting to guest etc, and the other bonus (for fans) is that there are usually only a certain amount of tickets/no. of people and there aren't shoppers/gawpers/etc that get in the way like at Collectormania :D

***just trying to give a balanced post here peeps!!!!*** ;)

basically, EVERYONE (or well most people ;)) prob have their own idea of how much autos should be based on how much the stars mean to them - for example, big SW fans see Carrie being £25 as a pretty amazing price while other fans may think it's too much. I think it's a pretty good deal compared to what I have heard from other forumers about what she has charged previously!!! :P

the only concern I would have is once you have one guest at this price, we may start to loose the £15 guests and the £25 price starts becoming the norm for "bigger" names :(

anyways think I have got another 5 pages to read so back to it!!!! ;)

surfy sah xx :(

And as for attacking the guy for getting his autographs at the theatre???? I say good luck to him. There have been greater people appearing at theatres across the UK like Dame Judi Dench, Gillian Anderson, Alyson Hannigan, Ian McKellan and the aforementioned Ewan MacGregor all of which have signed for free, and I know its a greater feeling having achieved something like that than standing in a convention queue. You feel that you have actually achieved something by tracking the person down and actually obtaining the autograph rather than going shopping for one at a convention where the chances are fair that you will get it. Its all about the thrill of the hunt.

I don't think he was attacked for wanting to meet people outside theatres. At least that's not how I saw it.

Hey, I do Collectormanias as well as a bit of "stalking" outside theatres. But even though I've met Alyson and Gillian at such things, there's just some people who are really quite unlikely to be doing theatre in the West End. I think that was the point that was being made there. I mean there's no way on earth I thought I'd ever met Joey Pants, let alone have him call me 'Goonie girl'! Also, if you actually get a ticket to these shows, they themselves ain't that cheap! A decent seat can set you back £30 - £40!

It's just a different ball game really. Altho, I wouldn't say it was 'tracking them down' - it's usually where they are performing. I've experienced more crushes waiting outside theatres (which I'm not a fan of being a short spam), and often come away with nothing. In the end, it's how important the guest is. Sometimes £25 for a guarunteed (I can't spell that) autograph is better money spent that a trip to London, only to not get the sigature and/or photo.

I'll tell you one way that's more 'rewarding'.... one of my friends knows people who knows people - and manages to meet almost every pop star imaginable (that's her thing) as she knows where they are staying, the dancers, the back up singers and all that! I don't know how she possibly does all her uni work - what with text messages every other week of who she's met!

Each to their own and all that jazz!

Ok,

TenaciousD fact is, you will get different answers to where the money goes. And in all honesty, they're all true.

Not all guests have the same agent, and not all guests are of the same popularity level.

Basically, all guests have different needs and deals.

They could have less flight costs, accomodation, transportation etc but demand a higher fee to appear. Alternatively they could ask a very low fee, but need to come from further away and so the flight costs and all other costs are more.

So you can never be given a completely one route answer. Everyone is different.

There are times that guests autographs are more than others, but then there are other times where we could really have asked what we wanted but didn't because we knew it was unfair.

Elijah for example, at the time we could have asked any price and still had a qeue for his autograph all day long, but that would have been wrong.

All prices are different because they all have a different reasoning behind them.

Thats really all i can say.

Hope its helped.

Also, i do expect this topic will be locked fairly soon. And as i think ashley suggested, all information will be put in a new thread.

but dont quote me on that. ;)

...they did lose £25,000 on bringing a guest over, thinking that he/she would be the most popular....

hey there I know you have said you can't say who this guest is, which is fair enough as you promised and everything :D

it would just be helpful to know as it has been mentioned a few times! :(

if we, as forumers and costumers etc, knew who it was, maybe we could suggest why this guest wasn't as popular as SM hoped. this would constructive towards SM as it might help prevent them loosing this amount of money in the future if we can come up why it happended this time :(

soz if that's not put accross very well but hopefully you all know what I mean :(

surfy sah xx

...they did lose £25,000 on bringing a guest over, thinking that he/she would be the most popular....

hey there I know you have said you can't say who this guest is, which is fair enough as you promised and everything :D

it would just be helpful to know as it has been mentioned a few times! :(

if we, as forumers and costumers etc, knew who it was, maybe we could suggest why this guest wasn't as popular as SM hoped. this would constructive towards SM as it might help prevent them loosing this amount of money in the future if we can come up why it happended this time :(

soz if that's not put accross very well but hopefully you all know what I mean :(

surfy sah xx

Sorry, but the reasons for the mistake were all apparent when the show was on.

So, they already know the mistake.

Mistakes may happen again, but unfortunately for everyone who doesn't know, it really isn't very likely to become public knowledge.

Sorry.

Sometimes guests just aren't as popular as is expected and others are more popiular, things happen.

hey there I know you have said you can't say who this guest is, which is fair enough as you promised and everything :lol:

it would just be helpful to know as it has been mentioned a few times! :D

if we, as forumers and costumers etc, knew who it was, maybe we could suggest why this guest wasn't as popular as SM hoped. this would constructive towards SM as it might help prevent them loosing this amount of money in the future if we can come up why it happended this time :angel:

soz if that's not put accross very well but hopefully you all know what I mean B)

surfy sah xx

Sorry, but the reasons for the mistake were all apparent when the show was on.

So, they already know the mistake.

Mistakes may happen again, but unfortunately for everyone who doesn't know, it really isn't very likely to become public knowledge.

Sorry.

Sometimes guests just aren't as popular as is expected and others are more popiular, things happen.

Agree with KB, its not my place to tell you who the guest was, Jason did tell me in cinfidence, if they want to they will tell yo uin time, but as KB rightly said, they have learned from that mistake and wont be putting themselves in that position again.

I hope you can understand

Thanks

BuFF

lol I DID say that I understand that you CAN'T say who the guest was ;) - I have my suspicions as I mem quite clearly at c5 those stars who did not have queues....

seems ALOT to loose on one guest but I may be innocently unaware here :D just ok flights and hotel etc few grand and fees ok even if they got paid £10,000 for weekend and adding on even huge sum of £5,000 expense and printing images, they must have made some money back and it just seems like a very large figure

this might be considered off topic (soz) but my suggestion would be have guests that might not be so in demand appear for less time at the event, then they are sitting there for a shorter time period and costing SM less (unless they are flown over and then the flight costs might not be worth it...)

also maybe SM investigate flights online (obv I don't know what you do at the mo, just trying to be helpful B) )

it seems that the forum and people who attend these events has alot of "young" followers and people of the age where they are at uni etc, who might not remember these classic stars of tv/films of 80s or earlier. of course I am aware that alot of you are older and do remember as well!!! ;)

anyways 'tas taken me most the evening to read this darn topic so I shall end with a few more points then go and read something else! :D

without running the risk of bringing back to life something that has effectively cooled down, you can tell I am not being "mean" as there are no " ;) " faces etc!!! ;)

- as much as the majority of peeps on here live in or around MK, some people don't so can't go to forum meets and coming on here might be the only thing people can do between shows! (just a point I mem from a few pages back is all!!!)

- as a few people have said, this is a forum and where's the fun if EVERYONE thinks the same?! people are entitled to their opinions and to express them and what some posters have said with how posts of "negativity" are jumped on is right - they are and shouldn't be! yes defend your piont of view and stick up for it but without name calling and SWEARING! (even if it is * out!) some one mentioned about people taking the side of "the negative posters", (as I don't want to name names) the same could be said about every else taking the side of "the other posters" as again I don't want to name names!!!

- the arguement of "you don't have to come/pay these prices" etc gets a little thin, people should be able to say they think prices are expensive without being pounced on, I know SM have to cover costs but it's a point of view they may wish to take under consideration

- I know this is a little out of order but for example when an event in London Docks can get Marina over and she charges £5 on a personal item, how come she is £15 here? but it's lush she is £5 less than Brent and Micheal, I just wonder why... don't they all live in America? is it cause they have different fees? I suspect it is hehe!!!

arg 10:15pm and I logged on about 3hours ago, jeese!!! time to get outta here!!!

surfy sah xx :lol:

Nice one i dont think anyone can moan at those prices :rolleyes:

LOL have you not read the other 13 pages then?!

To my mind the prices are on the whole reasonable and fair. Wouldn't like too many more at £20 or above though, or it could be a remortgage job! :D

Yeah i did mate, i was going for a bit of light hearted sarcasm ;)

Nice one i dont think anyone can moan at those prices :rolleyes:

LOL have you not read the other 13 pages then?!

To my mind the prices are on the whole reasonable and fair. Wouldn't like too many more at £20 or above though, or it could be a remortgage job! :D

Yeah i did mate, i was going for a bit of light hearted sarcasm ;)

That's the trouble with light hearted sarcasm - it doesn't come over too well in the typed word :P

I think the prices are totally fair. Just look at how much dealers sell them for and also the prices on EBay etc. I ain't loaded and have a tight budget (saving for a mortgage arghhhhhhh), but to meet and get signed pics of 4 actors from Buffy for £80 is well worth my money. These people gave me hour upon hour of enjoyment watching them work on screen and to meet them and thank them and pay for the autographs is worth every penny. If you're a real fan it's worth it!

Showmasters are the best and most affordable way of getting to meet these people without actually having to camp outside their homes/theatres/studios/hotels etc.

And then also giving 1000 people the opportunity to go and party with them afterwards (and mannnnnn, what a party they are putting on!!!!) for a measley £15 is fantastic!

I understand you may not have a lot of money Tenacious dude.......but to meet your idol and get a signed pic with NO hassle for £25.......come on mate.......you know it's worth every penny

Can't wait for the event and really hope to be able to meet some of you guys off here

Ian

Ok,

TenaciousD fact is, you will get different answers to where the money goes. And in all honesty, they're all true.

Not all guests have the same agent, and not all guests are of the same popularity level.

Basically, all guests have different needs and deals.

They could have less flight costs, accomodation, transportation etc but demand a higher fee to appear. Alternatively they could ask a very low fee, but need to come from further away and so the flight costs and all other costs are more.

So you can never be given a completely one route answer. Everyone is different.

There are times that guests autographs are more than others, but then there are other times where we could really have asked what we wanted but didn't because we knew it was unfair.

Elijah for example, at the time we could have asked any price and still had a qeue for his autograph all day long, but that would have been wrong.

All prices are different because they all have a different reasoning behind them.

Thats really all i can say.

Hope its helped.

Also, i do expect this topic will be locked fairly soon. And as i think ashley suggested, all information will be put in a new thread.

but dont quote me on that. :P

Okay.

I'm still not fine with the prices and probably never will be, but seeing as it's an official response I'll take it on the chin. Shame I'm not Bruce Campbell.

I apologise for swearing.

Most of the time, I am quite happy to bite my tongue, but things were said that I found really annoying.

I did try to calm it down, but I don't think its fair to be called a sheep, just because your happy with the prices.

Unlike a lot of you, I can't always travel where and when I want. This event makes it alot easier and in the long run, cheaper for me to get the autographs I want.

I'm a single parent, I don't spend lots of money on going out every week, most of my money is spent on my children. These events are 1 thing I look forward to. I save up my money in order to have a good time. Its a whole weekend of no kids, meeting up with mates and getting to meet a few guests.

I will be getting all 3 of the Starwars DVD's signed by the guests, It's my little boy's birthday on the 4th October, and I know that he would love that as a present, and it is something for him to cherish for a long time to come.

So if thats too much for some people to stomach, then I suggest you stay away from me, I am happy to pay those prices. Having grown up with Starwars, and now my son loves it as much as I do, its a small price to pay, to meet those guests.

Bex.

this will be the third time i go to a convention and the other con did have similar prices for guests aswell

i dont see a problem with the prices - yes most of us are in situations we cant spend alot i.e single parents or students etc. but we find a way to enjoy the day as its fun

Okay cant we just agree to disagree and give this a rest now before it really really gets out of hand. Lots of us have probably said stuff in the heat of the moment that we didnt really mean. So why dont we all just hug and kiss and make up. After all we are all here because we share the same or similar interests something like this should not really be an issue should it?

Its said that sorry is the hardest word to say. I'll start the saying sorry bit -

Sorry

anyone else?