AUTOGRAPH PRICES AT C6 ! ! ! ! !

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For cyring out loud!!!!! :angry:

This is a thread to state what the prices were in advance so people knew how to budget. Now it's turning into a war!

STOP IT NOW!!

*Begin Rant - not aimed at anyone in particular*

If you don't like the prices, don't pay them. If you don't like what Showmasters are doing, don't attend their event. Simple as that!!

Paying £25 for Carrie is reasonable to alot of people - she charged that at an appearance last year in the UK and that was even for your OWN personal items as well. Showmasters certainly haven't put the prices up on her.

Do you actually know how much it costs to bring a guest over? They charge a fee - and we're talking thousands here, not hundreds, then there is the flights - normally business class but in some cases first class, then there is hotel fee, then there may be extras like the guest wanting to bring a family or friend over. The hire of the venue, the staffing, the photo costs, etc etc etc. So really and truly the outgoings alone run into hundreds of thousands of pounds quite easily! How do they get re-couped? By paying for an autograph. Simple.

I'm not aiming this at anyone, I'm just sick and tired and fed up of people bickering. If you don't like it then don't pay out for an autograph. There are plenty of others who will.

I've been attending all sorts of events for years - been to expensive ones, and cheaper ones. There is good and bad about ALL events. But at the end of the day the choice is yours whether or not you wish to pay the price. There really is no need to get personal and bitch about each other!

*Rant Over & backs away out of the thread* :lol:

Peace! :lol:

Just as an aside, perhaps you might like to try and organise a show yourself, keeping the prices reasonable with the calibre of guests being announced? I'm sure if you could manage that one, with say Carrie Fisher at £10 we'd be there in our droves.

*laughs*

I dont think we will ever agree, you obviously are jealous of the people going to C6 that can afford the prices, by the tone of your posts, I aint arguing with you any more (Ill let the other members do it), you came on here to wind people up and you have succeeded, now I hope you are happy.

Im not surprised you cant afford the prices at the show, it looks like you need to save up for a pencil case!

See ya

Cry baby cry!

Make your mother sigh

She's old enough to know better, so cry baby cry!

Beef

I came on here to point out that the prices are beginning to go over the top. Not to get into an arguement where I'm barracked by the showmasters faithful. If you can't take someone elses opinion I feel sorry for you.

I probably am jealous, I'd love to have that kind of money to spend but I don't. There are others in the same boat who won't be making that trip to see their heroes, at least spare them a thought.

:angry::lol::lol:

moan moan,

£25.00 too much dont pay it

its all about supply and demand, if enough people object then SM will realise and reduce prices/get cheaper guests

Its a simple choice

I myself will be purchasing The Fishers autograph, more than likely in Slave Girl outfit from ROTJ

Correct. It's all down to supply, demand and opportunity cost. There are loads of guests I'd like to meet this time round, but I can't afford them all, so I will choose the people I most want to meet. If prices are lowered in future then fair enough, but until then we just have to deal with it. I'm perfectly willing to pay what I can for more guests of this quality. Some people might not be able to afford autos as easily, but it's the same regarding everything and it's up to each person to make their own decision regarding what they do.

For cyring out loud!!!!! :lol:

This is a thread to state what the prices were in advance so people knew how to budget. Now it's turning into a war!

STOP IT NOW!!

*Begin Rant - not aimed at anyone in particular*

If you don't like the prices, don't pay them. If you don't like what Showmasters are doing, don't attend their event. Simple as that!!

Paying £25 for Carrie is reasonable to alot of people - she charged that at an appearance last year in the UK and that was even for your OWN personal items as well. Showmasters certainly haven't put the prices up on her.

Do you actually know how much it costs to bring a guest over? They charge a fee - and we're talking thousands here, not hundreds, then there is the flights - normally business class but in some cases first class, then there is hotel fee, then there may be extras like the guest wanting to bring a family or friend over. The hire of the venue, the staffing, the photo costs, etc etc etc. So really and truly the outgoings alone run into hundreds of thousands of pounds quite easily! How do they get re-couped? By paying for an autograph. Simple.

I'm not aiming this at anyone, I'm just sick and tired and fed up of people bickering. If you don't like it then don't pay out for an autograph. There are plenty of others who will.

I've been attending all sorts of events for years - been to expensive ones, and cheaper ones. There is good and bad about ALL events. But at the end of the day the choice is yours whether or not you wish to pay the price. There really is no need to get personal and bitch about each other!

*Rant Over & backs away out of the thread* :lol:

Peace! :lol:

HERE! HERE! My thoughts exactly!

If you don't like what SM are doing and charging don't go!! Carrie was charging around £50 for autos in the states!!

If you cant stand the heat then get out of the kitchen!

:angry::lol:

If you cant stand the heat then get out of the kitchen!

I am.

I just hope that my opinion is noted by the business watching over us all. Who knows, if enough people end up NOT paying these prices they might drop them in the future and my wouldn't we all be in the hay.

Knock knock

This is fine if you just want an autograph from him, but is there going to be a Q & A, opportunities to get decent photographs with him, drink with him at a disco or party afterwards? This is what you pay the admission prices for at conventions, that something extra. A couple of years back I sat with Nick at a table with his then fiance and chatted for a good while, sat opposite us were Joss Whedon and Amber Benson, it was the most surreal thing in the world, yet also one of the most memorable. Unfortunately shopping mall events cannot offer this. (And yes I know about the guest talks and this years party).

If it wasn't in the MK shopping Mall then SM would have to charge an entrance fee and some people are already moaning that they are charging too much, so how do Showmasters win?

They are trying to give as many people as possible the opportunity to meet with their favourite stars. So ok they make money out of it but that's how they make they living.

Its impossible to please everyone, no they're aren't perfect who is?

lol. This is exactly what I was talking about. I suppose you'll all get Carrie to sign your

THE SHEEP STRIKE BACK

Pictures. lol

Careful! You don't want to do that Reaper. That's going against the grain, Turn back while you still can!

(was funny though)

To everyone, this isn't just a Carrie Fisher thing though. She was the obvious one to point out, but in the grand scheme of things the sum of all the prices, even if you only want two or three is beginning to grow.

You should not be looking to take 100s of £££££s to meet you idols. As a friend of mine once said, why, why pay £20+ they're just people, some of which who haven't done much in the past few years.

(awaits the brick wall)

lol. This is exactly what I was talking about. I suppose you'll all get Carrie to sign your

THE SHEEP STRIKE BACK

Pictures. lol

My god your sooo funny, for a complete ******....

Hahahahahaha

Fair play to you Bex!!

Him and that **** TD

:angry::lol::lol:

Edited by Donatello

THE SHEEP STRIKE BACK

Pictures. lol

he laughs at his own jokes, how nice :lol:

Do you see what he did though, coz he's so clever (assuming reaper is indeed a he) he got the movie title and then changed a word to sit the situation, genius.

Do not cross this guy, he is a GENIUS

:angry:

There are two things people do when others make jokes:

1 - laugh with them OR

2 - laugh at them!!!

I'm sure everyone on here's knows which one they are doing to these 'jokers' above.lol :angry::lol::lol:

Edited by CHRIS !!

Yeah okay Puff the Magic Dragon and POX. If you wanna call names. You're just proving my point, so carry right on.

Oh and wideboy, does your name describe your girth, or the measurement between your braincells?

What planet are you on?????

Your the one that calls people sheep.... Did you not think that people may have a problem with that???

Call me whatever you want mate, I ain't scared of a little boy like you.

I ain't got nothin against TD, he has a point he wants to put across and isn't really being nasty to people, whereas the reaper is just jumping on the band wagon, and is making himself look a complete f***ing idiot.

If you'd bothered to read my points (assuming you can read) you will see that they are quite valid. Only when you continued to act like sheep did I respond in kind.

To Tenacious D and the other 'real' people. I think the point is these "sheeple" will never listen to a valid argument, so we can either expect more of the same or basically ignore them.

I think no matter what we may say if it is even the slightest bit criticising the showmasters events, no matter how constructive we try to be, we will always have these mindless hoards leaping on us without even reading our points and resorting to swearing and name calling first. But then any intelligent person should hopefully see them for what they really are.

Ok,

The thread is being left open so people can state their opinions on this.

However it is obvious to everyone that this is getting out of hand, as some individuals are becoming quite offensive.

The forum is always being checked and watched.

First of all, can i point out that people of all ages have access to this, so could we calm down on the swearing please.

Also, enough with the personal insults people, if the topic was tickets prices and slanging match it would be ok, but it isn't.

One thing i would like to say is that, it really is no wonder Mark hasn't wanted to announce prices before.

Cheers

KB

I ain't got nothin against TD, he has a point he wants to put across and isn't really being nasty to people, whereas the reaper is just jumping on the band wagon, and is making himself look a complete f***ing idiot.

If you'd bothered to read my points (assuming you can read) you will see that they are quite valid. Only when you continued to act like sheep did I respond in kind.

To Tenacious D and the other 'real' people. I think the point is these "sheeple" will never listen to a valid argument, so we can either expect more of the same or basically ignore them.

I think no matter what we may say if it is even the slightest bit criticising the showmasters events, no matter how constructive we try to be, we will always have these mindless hoards leaping on us without even reading our points and resorting to swearing and name calling first. But then any intelligent person should hopefully see them for what they really are.

We apologise as we're all obviously not worthy of your superior intellect :angry:

But perhaps you can tell us in simple laymon's terms all how Showmaster can run it differently and much cheaper for everyone? We're all ears? :lol: