No Posed Photography

We know what a high 5 is Crazy ;).  The discussion is if you thought because a high 5 is not 'posed' it wouldn't count but it does.  Posed is just a phrase, it essentially means 'a photo with you and the guest at the table.' as opposed to you taking a picture of them whilst you are queueing waiting to get to the front, which is allowed, unless the sign says 'no photograph, in which case it's no photography at all.

3 hours ago, wjbleming said:

I daresay they wouldn't allow a "High 5" selfie as that would be a posed photo, CrazyHorses. ;) 

But things can change on the day. :smile:

Me meant selfie and photographs are a no-no, not to ask for "high five selfie", just the movement of one, me really should have checked what I was writing at the time, my bad.

Edited by CrazyHorses

I think Crazy missed a full stop after High Five, so to answer your question Crazy, most guests are happy to shake hands so can't imagine they'd have a problem with a high five (as long as you don't go in too hard). Some however prefer not to shake for hygiene reasons (I believe Will Wheaton doesn't do contact) so I wouldn't have thought they'd High Five.

You can always ask the guest at the table, the worst that will happen is they say no.

I don't blame the many guests who won't handshake, sadly there are still many individuals who take basic personal hygiene for granted.   I am not saying this applies to you but at every event I've ever been to there are probably 30-40% of male attendees who still don't wash their hands after using the toilets.   Disgusting behaviour but they don't seem bothered.

I've rarely had a handshake refused, again most guests will be upfront about it.   Several years ago Eric Roberts was fist bumping everyone and I have had a couple of people high five without prompting, so go ahead and ask.

The general rule I do for shaking hands with guests is to see if people in front of me in the queue are doing so. If they aren't then I won't either. That way I won't be embarrassed if they refuse when it's my turn to greet them!

16 hours ago, OurDek said:

I don't blame the many guests who won't handshake, sadly there are still many individuals who take basic personal hygiene for granted.   I am not saying this applies to you but at every event I've ever been to there are probably 30-40% of male attendees who still don't wash their hands after using the toilets.   Disgusting behaviour but they don't seem bothered.

Oh so you're the guy I've seen standing in the bogs with a clipboard and clicker.

17 hours ago, OurDek said:

I don't blame the many guests who won't handshake, sadly there are still many individuals who take basic personal hygiene for granted.   I am not saying this applies to you but at every event I've ever been to there are probably 30-40% of male attendees who still don't wash their hands after using the toilets.   Disgusting behaviour but they don't seem bothered.

I totally agree with you there. Personal hygiene can be practically non existent with some people these days.