any tips for a first timer :-)

• Moderators

A good place to start is the FAQ's, they're full of useful information about the show itself: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=83162

Other than that: wear something you'll be comfortable standing and walking all day in, and bring something to drink as the hall can get very warm and the food vendors are expensive :)

• Like 1

Make a plan before you go.

Plan your photoshoot timetable.

Work out who you'll meet when.

Get VQ tix ASAP (unless you're gold/silver).

Speak to other fans, you're bound to make new friends, everyone has something in common.

Don't be shy in front of guests, make the most of your time with them.

Fit time in for food.

Most importantly: HAVE FUN!

• Like 1

ok cool thanx for your info, sounds like im gonna have a great day :) there is a few ppl at the moment I'd love to have photo with, do we pick a time or your given a time, coz I wanna pre order my photo tickets

ok cool thanx for your info, sounds like im gonna have a great day :) there is a few ppl at the moment I'd love to have photo with, do we pick a time or your given a time, coz I wanna pre order my photo tickets

There's a photoshoot schedule, so it's more that you're given a time. The schedule will be up the week before the show usually.

• Like 1

Comfy shoes, deodorant, plan your day like a military operation, be courteous when walking round yes it's busy but there's really no need to elbow your way through people, and relax, smile and enjoy!!!

• Like 3

okay, here's a few tips xD

1) Take your time with autographs, go when the lines are empty/or not busy. That way you can get autos from the people you want with ease without having to take time to stand in a long line. However, do get the virtual queue tickets. They make it easier!

2) Take time out to eat - obvious...yea I know, but with the Earls Court, I know that it can be busy, but do get a sandwich or something else (I believe there's a fish & chip store in Earls Court 2, can someone verify that for me?) and then you'll find that when everyone's gone for lunch or chillout, do take the time to get your autos then or mooch around the shops.

3) I would reccomend you getting the vouchers instead of using cash as I do believe they don't give change back for autos and photoshoots.

• Like 1

• Moderators

3) I would reccomend you getting the vouchers instead of using cash as I do believe they don't give change back for autos and photoshoots.

While vouchers can indeed be useful (they should hopefully be available on the shop again soon), change IS given at the event at both the autograph tables and at the photoshoot/talk ticket sales desk. Although having the right change is always helpful, especially for guests who are £15/£25. (Ask any crew - £5 notes quickly become like gold dust at the shows!)

Don't be afraid to ask people in cosplay for photos.

Last year was our first con and we had just as much fun asking cosplayers for photos as doing anything else there.

Some people have amazing costumes.

• Like 1

thank you Jeremy & Carla, yeah I can imagine how much fun everyone has, I watched videos of ppl dressed up and amazed how good ppl look all dressed up, and would be wicked to say to them please can I have a pic with you lol :)

Don't go mad and get autos from everyone just cos you like them in something.....you'll end up spending way too much over the years. Try to keep it to the the guests that are in your favourite shows/films only. Give yourself a limit.

• Like 1

thank you nicky, yeah there is probably like 8 ppl I could go to but I have limited to 2 at the mo coz its my first time I wanna have a look all around to get used to what goes on and I will be more knowledgeable for next time I come.

everyone has been so nice to give advice and I hope it helps other first timers too :-)

Get there early if you want to meet the hollywood style guests as they will be mega busy and you will want a fairly low vertual queue ticket number :-) going to be a busy one. Just be well prepared for alot of waiting around. Bring a book to read or game to play on while waiting. Oh yes and have fun.

• Like 1

Make a plan before you go.

Plan your photoshoot timetable.

Work out who you'll meet when.

Get VQ tix ASAP (unless you're gold/silver).

Speak to other fans, you're bound to make new friends, everyone has something in common.

Don't be shy in front of guests, make the most of your time with them.

Fit time in for food.

Most importantly: HAVE FUN!

Planning is essential!

With a good plan youll have a fun weekend without to mich stress.

• Like 2

i can't believe how many years i have missed out on these events but sounds like this one is gonna be a big one. and i can't wait to just mix in with everyone i can imagine LFCC to be one of the most friendliest and welcoming places i could go too :-)

Even though all the information is available once there, I always go with a list of the guests I want to meet (even the ones who are a may or may not meet), the cost of their autographs and the times and areas of photo shoots. As I am always on a budget and with my kids, I like to be organised and having a list helps me out in making decisions on day, especially when it is busy! But I always double check the photo shoot times when I get there as they are subject to change on the day, so always double check when you get there, that there have been no changes.

Even though all the information is available once there, I always go with a list of the guests I want to meet (even the ones who are a may or may not meet), the cost of their autographs and the times and areas of photo shoots. As I am always on a budget and with my kids, I like to be organised and having a list helps me out in making decisions on day, especially when it is busy! But I always double check the photo shoot times when I get there as they are subject to change on the day, so always double check when you get there, that there have been no changes.

Where are the times put up on the day?