latest guest announcement - GILLIAN ANDERSON

Don't you dare buying it before me. xD LOL, just joking. :) I'm still surprised though after all the hype there is still some left.

*uses magical powers to keep at least one photo shoot ticket in the store as long as possible* :(

We'll see....:YAHOO:

Actually, mine arrived today. I forgot that I did order two anyway :D

You'll be giving our resident Mr Photoshoot a run for his money before long. I'm usually happy enough with the one (apart from the 3 I had with the lovely Amanda Tapping last weekend of course).

Photoshoot with Gillian Anderson = 72.

Talk Gillian Anderson = 153.

The Experience of both = PRICELESS.

(Even with 153 I'll adjust the zoom function on my eyes lol)

But seriously, can someone tell me just how far back I will be with 153, as in how many seats per row there is for a talk, I'm just getting a bit worried that it will end up with me out in the carpark listening to a matchstick talk about being one half of the Number One SciFi cult pairing of all time. If anyone could answer I would be most appreciative and somewhat put my mind at rest.

Edited by KingRichard76

David Tennant did two lots of photoshoot sessions.....I would be surprised if Gillian wasn't doing the same, especially considering somebody mentioned getting a ticket number up in the 200s only a few hours after they went on sale. I purchased as soon as the tickets appeared in the shop and still ended up with a number in the double figures.

This will be the best convention for me, I know its been two weeks but the excitement still hasnt settled down and greatly looking forward to meeting Gillian and having the photoshoot and of course being at the talk.

I've never been to a paid talk before so for Gillian this will be my first time and I have it in my mind just how brilliant its going to be, not sure what the actual layout will be like and the only thing thats been on my mind a bit is my seat number (153) and whereabouts this would see me, obviously I know I wont be in the front row but would appreciate those in the know who have had a similar ticket number and where they've been and how the Talk was for them :)

I've never been to a paid talk before so for Gillian this will be my first time and I have it in my mind just how brilliant its going to be, not sure what the actual layout will be like and the only thing thats been on my mind a bit is my seat number (153) and whereabouts this would see me, obviously I know I wont be in the front row but would appreciate those in the know who have had a similar ticket number and where they've been and how the Talk was for them :)

I've been to one before (Scott Bakula) and swore I would never go to another unless it was an amazing guest (for me) and Gillian is exactly that! I had ticket number 90 and actually had quite a good seat behind the Golds etc. It wasn't horribly far back at all given how many rows there were and still allowed me to get a few nice pictures with a long zoom lens. However, and one of the main reasons I haven't paid for a talk since then, the sound quality was utterly, utterly terrible! It was simply appalling and was so difficult to hear what was being said. This, though, is a different venue and, fingers crossed, the sound will be better here. And, hopefully, Showmasters have learnt from past mistakes.

Hope that is of some use!

I've been to one before (Scott Bakula) and swore I would never go to another unless it was an amazing guest (for me) and Gillian is exactly that! I had ticket number 90 and actually had quite a good seat behind the Golds etc. It wasn't horribly far back at all given how many rows there were and still allowed me to get a few nice pictures with a long zoom lens. However, and one of the main reasons I haven't paid for a talk since then, the sound quality was utterly, utterly terrible! It was simply appalling and was so difficult to hear what was being said. This, though, is a different venue and, fingers crossed, the sound will be better here. And, hopefully, Showmasters have learnt from past mistakes.

Hope that is of some use!

First of all I bow to your great experience (yep a King bows) and this is very much of use to me and glad that I have this to go on as an indication of where I'm going to be sometimes as one or two Friends would gladly point out I'm rather anal with my approach to things and everything has to be perfect and I like to know what to expect.

Hopefully this will be different (sound wise) and we will be able to hear Gillian Anderson perfectly this is one of those experiences that doesnt come along too often :) I shall look forward to it and very much hope you do too.

Thanks again for your valued input :)

Hello, quick question about Gillians Photoshoot, a friend of mine is thinking of buying a photoshoot.

Are they starting to run out?

I know Gillian is a big guest, but in my experience, phootshoot tickets rarely sell out and they still have them available to buy on the day.

I really wouldn't bank on that. I wanted one of the Being Human Group shots and they sold out within minutes of the early Bird doors opening.

Plus, I am pretty sure I can remember photoshoots selling out before shows before

If you really want a photoshoot, it is always best to book it. Of course you can chance it if you want to......

Edited by Rhianydd

Hello, quick question about Gillians Photoshoot, a friend of mine is thinking of buying a photoshoot.

I know Gillian is a big guest, but in my experience, phootshoot tickets rarely sell out and they still have them available to buy on the day.

rarely but sometimes on big names, id class gillian in this esp as its a limited shoot (though what does limited mean lol, good selling ploy that lol)

barrowman sold out before but they added another shoot with him on the day, which I believe sold out on the day

did tennant sell out? think he did yer.

I cant remember anymore

although as above the being human one sold out minutes after the doors opened (as it wasnt online prior I dont think was it)

I really wouldnt leave it if you really want to meet them, so many ppl on here who should know better left tennant then were left out when he sold out online.

I know funds are an issue, im the same, but with some guests you have to take a hit, a risk, put it on your card or you may miss out! if you are desperate to meet her, dont wait, pre book, IMO

rarely but sometimes on big names, id class gillian in this esp as its a limited shoot (though what does limited mean lol, good selling ploy that lol)

barrowman sold out before but they added another shoot with him on the day, which I believe sold out on the day

I cant remember anymore

although as above the being human one sold out minutes after the doors opened (as it wasnt online prior I dont think was it)

I really wouldnt leave it if you really want to meet them, so many ppl on here who should know better left tennant then were left out when he sold out online.

I know funds are an issue, im the same, but with some guests you have to take a hit, a risk, put it on your card or you may miss out! if you are desperate to meet her, dont wait, pre book, IMO

Karen Gillan? :blink:

Hopefully the talk won't be full of 'questions' of people asking for hugs as well <_<

SM really need to have interviewers in these talks, even if they are there to sheppard the audience questions, sometimes they do this but not often enough at LFCC/CM style events.

if I pay for a talk I dont want 100 questions like "if you were a cheese, what cheese would you be?"

or

can I have a hug, its not right, its not fair on the guest 1st off but also on all the other paying attendees who all want a hug also lol but you cant ask that in a paid talk, its not right, its not the time nor the place, have some manners, respect, common sense! its really not fair to put the guest on the spot like that either!

As long as the sound isn't being drained out by some strange Japanese stuff or whatever was going on throughout the day on Stage 2 *cough* LFCC '11 *cough* then it should be hunky dory

yep this can also be a problem sometimes, too much noise from the cos play stage and a dodgy sound system in stage A.

Karen Gillan?:blink:

cant remember, I think she did sell out but cant remember if online or on the day, yes she did sell out im sure, just not sure on when?

Hopefully the talk won't be full of 'questions' of people asking for hugs as well :blink:

SM really need to have interviewers in these talks, even if they are there to sheppard the audience questions, sometimes they do this but not often enough at LFCC/CM style events.

if I pay for a talk I dont want 100 questions like "if you were a cheese, what cheese would you be?"

or

can I have a hug, its not right, its not fair on the guest 1st off but also on all the other paying attendees who all want a hug also lol but you cant ask that in a paid talk, its not right, its not the time nor the place, have some manners, respect, common sense! its really not fair to put the guest on the spot like that either!

As long as the sound isn't being drained out by some strange Japanese stuff or whatever was going on throughout the day on Stage 2 *cough* LFCC '11 *cough* then it should be hunky dory

yep this can also be a problem sometimes, too much noise from the cos play stage and a dodgy sound system in stage A.

Karen Gillan?:gorgeous:

cant remember, I think she did sell out but cant remember if online or on the day, yes she did sell out im sure, just not sure on when?

She sold out online I think.

Leonard Nimoy also sold out (on the day), and a couple of others that I can't recall. It is becoming more frequent each subsequent year with the 'large' guests as photo shoots become increasingly popular.

Edited by 1of2

I cant remember anymore

Tennant's tickets went on sale on a Thursday night and sold out online the following Monday/Tuesday.....and that was for two sessions. As Timelord said, it's always better to be safe than sorry and pre-book if you can.

Edited by Fozziefuzz

Leonard Nimoy also sold out (on the day), and a couple of others that I can't recall. It is becoming more frequent each subsequent year with the 'large' guests as photo shoots become increasingly popular.

not long now, photoshootmania!