latest guest announcement - GILLIAN ANDERSON

For me absolutely no option but to get something from The X Files signed and think she may have to stand up to sign this!! LOL

005-3.jpg

Wow that's impressive. :wub: I like it really. :D

I only have the two movie posters which are bigger compared to magazines and photos. :)

I saw her in a play a few years ago called What the Night is For. Do you think she would sign the programme for me?

I saw that play too, and I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever she'd be very pleased to see it. She wasn't bad at all. I still have a programme for that as well!

Personally, I am now on the hunt for 'what to sign'. It will probably be one 'non-work related' picture (not from FHM), one as Scully, and one of Mulder and Scully - because after all you never know, DD might turn up one day.

Also, make no mistake, SM will be reaching out to the likes of Mitch Pileggi, William B Davis, and whatsisname who played Krychek even as we speak!

On the subject of FHM, my read is that she regrets doing them, and as such I seriously doubt she'd sign them (I may be wrong).

Edited by MikeDonovan

I saw her in a play a few years ago called What the Night is For. Do you think she would sign the programme for me?

Wow I'm jealous now. I so wanted to go and see that, but would have been a nightmare to organize the whole thing from Hungary. :wub:

You could tell a few words about it. :)

I'v been planning to go see her in a play for ages, still waiting for the right time and place. :)

And I think she will be happy to sign it for you. :) For the already mentioned reasons, I think she'll be more pleased with it, than most of the X-files stuff, so I think you should go with it. :)

I saw that play too, and I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever she'd be very pleased to see it. She wasn't bad at all. I still have a programme for that as well!

Personally, I am now on the hunt for 'what to sign'. It will probably be one 'non-work related' picture (not from FHM), one as Scully, and one of Mulder and Scully - because after all you never know, DD might turn up one day.

Also, make no mistake, SM will be reaching out to the likes of Mitch Pileggi, William B Davis, and whatsisname who played Krychek even as we speak!

On the subject of FHM, my read is that she regrets doing them, and as such I seriously doubt she'd sign them (I may be wrong).

Awesome. :) Wish I could've seen it. :)

And the actor's name who played Krycek is Nicholas Lea. :)

And Mitch Pileggi would be cool. I liked him in Stargate Atlantis too. :)

Thanks all - thats what I thought. Am still unsure what to get her to sign but will probably go for the programme, cd cover, single shot as Scully, double X Files shot and either cast print or Great Expectations picture.... far too many choices.

Edited by reddragon

If she refuses to autograph the FHM cover of her then thats out of order i mean she's wants 45 for an autograph which is a joke but at that price she cant dictate what she will and wont autograph

Sorry but you are absolutely wrong. Any guest i'm sure can dictate what they will and won't autograph no matter how much they are charging. If Gillian chooses not to sign FHM covers then she has every right to refuse that, and no-one is forcing you to buy an autograph.

Secondly, you say "she want's 45 for an autograph", where has SM stated the price for her autograph? Where did you hear this? That's right, hearsay. Don't complain about the amount Gillian will charge for an autograph when SM haven't even announced it yet.

If she refuses to autograph the FHM cover of her then thats out of order i mean she's wants 45 for an autograph which is a joke but at that price she cant dictate what she will and wont autograph

Sorry but you are absolutely wrong. Any guest i'm sure can dictate what they will and won't autograph no matter how much they are charging. If Gillian chooses not to sign FHM covers then she has every right to refuse that, and no-one is forcing you to buy an autograph.

Secondly, you say "she want's 45 for an autograph", where has SM stated the price for her autograph? Where did you hear this? That's right, hearsay. Don't complain about the amount Gillian will charge for an autograph when SM haven't even announced it yet.

Her price is on the main website. Many of us have checked, maybe you should!

Edited by bunny-summers

First of, I completely agree with you.

Secondly: http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index...9&Itemid=23

Ah well i never check the website, I only read the forum and it wasn't said for definite in this thread.

Ah well i never check the website, I only read the forum and it wasn't said for definite in this thread.

Well not everything is can be updated all at the same time so I check every now and again.

£45 for a autograph? wow O_O but i'm sure many will still wan't one. I still think I might have one too if I can't save up in time I think I will just have the photoshoot which is the same price as Jeri Ryan who i'm also seeing. These ladies are expensive but i'm not having ago lol :poki: I can just say I won't be paying for my sisters autographs and photoshoots this year lol

I know people that have definitely had their XFiles photos rejected by her, albeit very politely.

After "A Dolls House" at the Donmar Warehouse (which I loved!), if people asked her to sign X-Files photos she politely apologised, saying she doesn't sign X-Files "but let me sign your ticket, or do you have a programme?" etc, and seemed more than happy to sign album pages, other photos (I didn't see anyone with "glamour" shots, although this was inside the foyer, people who had been in the audience - dealers outside may have done, I don't know) or flyers from the play. She seemed very sweet :poki:

I've heard it said that it's to do with how much XF autos are/were sold for. I've seen in the past that she does sign XF stuff sometimes for charity auctions etc, from her website, and at the I Want To Believe premiere she signed XF stuff of course :) Such great news that she'll be signing XF stuff for us!! :poki:

I know people that have definitely had their XFiles photos rejected by her, albeit very politely.

After "A Dolls House" at the Donmar Warehouse (which I loved!), if people asked her to sign X-Files photos she politely apologised, saying she doesn't sign X-Files "but let me sign your ticket, or do you have a programme?" etc, and seemed more than happy to sign album pages, other photos (I didn't see anyone with "glamour" shots, although this was inside the foyer, people who had been in the audience - dealers outside may have done, I don't know) or flyers from the play. She seemed very sweet :poki:

I've heard it said that it's to do with how much XF autos are/were sold for. I've seen in the past that she does sign XF stuff sometimes for charity auctions etc, from her website, and at the I Want To Believe premiere she signed XF stuff of course :) Such great news that she'll be signing XF stuff for us!! :poki:

This is a very touching anecdote that you have been nice enough to share and shows how Lovely she is.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was with how much X Files Autos are/were sold for and how much (to certain people its a commodity and this showcases the problem with those of us who are Fans and collectors and value a much cherished signature on our piece of merchandise as opposed to dealers who know what something is worth and its ££££££.

After the Red premiere a few years back ebay was swamped with Bruce Willis pictures and it was very disconcerting to see this but to be fair I myself have never really had problems with dealers and its never been a dog eat dog scenario when I've been at a Premiere - that said XF Autos are very rare and hence why theres such an excitement that Gillian Anderson will be signing.

When its for charity we can all understand that she would Love to do that because the money is going to a worthwhile cause and rightfully so.

But as you say: "Such great news that she'll be signing XF stuff for us."

£45 is a price I dont mind paying and will be paying x 5 :)

I wasnt expecting a price anywhere near that tbh, with less money & a 4th pay freeze I have to think of costs more that i used to. I've been going to cons/signings for years & i dont want to stop going but see auto prices creeping up if only our salaries were. I have just about justified a photo but may skip the auto we will see, i have got several signed photos bought in the early 90s of her and david anyway. However i am sure on the day if i am not too late getting to London i shall be in the q.

Edited by buffy2k

• Moderators

To be honest, I'd rather pay £45 for her and skip two/three other guests that have lesser parts or that are likely to appear again down the road.

To be able to get an X-Files photo signed from the leading lady herself is something that you can't put a price on .. well ok, £45 but you know what I mean ..

Sometimes you just have to take these opportunities when they arise because they may never come around again.

To be honest, I'd rather pay £45 for her and skip two/three other guests that have lesser parts or that are likely to appear again down the road.

To be able to get an X-Files photo signed from the leading lady herself is something that you can't put a price on .. well ok, £45 but you know what I mean ..

Sometimes you just have to take these opportunities when they arise because they may never come around again.

Exactly. Don't get me wrong i'm not the richest guy on the planet, but I find it incredible that if people really want to meet her for an autograph, they're put off by finding out(5 months beforehand) the price is £10 more than they thought it would be. I know everyone has different circumstances, but I still find it quite remarkable.

Like you say David, people have to prioritise at these events. If you have a few people you want to meet, then consider if any of them may do an event in future. If so, then possibly sacrifice meeting one or two of them to meet Gillian who, lets be honest, may never do one again. But prioritisation is the key. Is she really not worth £45 to meet? If not, then you must have other priorities. To me, yes i'd gladly pay that price if it means getting to meet a TV icon like her

Edited by JacknDaniel

Exactly. Don't get me wrong i'm not the richest guy on the planet, but I find it incredible that if people really want to meet her for an autograph, they're put off by finding out(5 months beforehand) the price is £10 more than they thought it would be. I know everyone has different circumstances, but I still find it quite remarkable.

Like you say David, people have to prioritise at these events. If you have a few people you want to meet, then consider if any of them may do an event in future. If so, then possibly sacrifice meeting one or two of them to meet Gillian who, lets be honest, may never do one again. But prioritisation is the key. Is she really not worth £45 to meet? If not, then you must have other priorities. To me, yes i'd gladly pay that price if it means getting to meet a TV icon like her

Totally agree with you again. :) My exact same thoughts.

If somebody is put off by £45, then they didn't really want to meet her. To me it would totally worth it if I happen to make it to the con. I woulnd't think twice to get photo, auto and the talk with her.

I think the problem is when a big guest is charging a lot, you can see the prices of the lesser guests go up as well, which makes all autographs more expensive.

This argument has been hovering around this forum "since man and dinosaur were knocking about", as Karl Pilkington would say.

But - my point of view on this is that it's actually pretty difficult to get a piece of Star Wars memorabilia that ISN'T signed by Dave Prowse, so I'd be very surprised if he feels he can start charging more just because Gillian Anderson comes along with her hoity-toity "I was on one of the most iconic TV shows in history and this is my first signing EVER" nonsense :)

And I've been going to cons for years and whenever something like this happens when there is someone charging considerably more you see the other prices go up. Of course David Prowse will not start charging £40, but someone like Haydn or Holly Marie might up their price from £20 to £25, then Christopher Judge might make his £20 er even £25 as he feels his series was popular for a longer time than Haydn's. I've seen these price changes going on on the day, where they changed the price by hand on the price card. So don't say it doesn't happen.

Showmasters used to say that they don't want to let the prices get out of hand, but we're up to £45 now for a guest, 3x the normal price, whereas the biggest guest in the past used to charge £35. So what's the limit? It is nice to have a big guest, but when I get one autograph of her it means I will have to skip three others from regular guests, which is a shame also.

The thing that bugs me the most, though, is personalization. I think at £45 it is reasonable to expect a personalization. If not, I think it's an insult to people paying half a days wage for an autograph. It's not like there will be much cast pictures being signed lacking that last autograph...

Totally agree with you again. :) My exact same thoughts.

If somebody is put off by £45, then they didn't really want to meet her. To me it would totally worth it if I happen to make it to the con. I woulnd't think twice to get photo, auto and the talk with her.

Thanks Sophia, are you definitely going to LFCC then? If you're undecided, i'd advise you to decide quickly! I think the talk will sell out(and probably the photo shoot) but the earlier you order a talk ticket, the close you'll be to the stage

• Moderators

This topic isn't really the place for debating a price to be honest, so it will probably be cleaned up shortly.

However - Showmasters have tried to keep prices across the board down where possible, and I think that they've done a good job with that. They've also asked whether we would want rarer/bigger guests that WILL cost more. They have explicitly stated that they have considered getting these guests but the finances dictate having to charge more. There has been complete clarity there, and this is one of those guests.

As for personalisation - bigger guests are being better managed where possible, and I think you'll find attendees getting a better experience over the past year with the big guests compared to at previous events. I certainly wouldn't like to see a GUARANTEE on personalisation though as it will have a knock-on effect and others will miss out. In the end, it's done where possible, and that's all we can ask for.

This topic isn't really the place for debating a price to be honest, so it will probably be cleaned up shortly.

However - Showmasters have tried to keep prices across the board down where possible, and I think that they've done a good job with that. They've also asked whether we would want rarer/bigger guests that WILL cost more. They have explicitly stated that they have considered getting these guests but the finances dictate having to charge more. There has been complete clarity there, and this is one of those guests.

As for personalisation - bigger guests are being better managed where possible, and I think you'll find attendees getting a better experience over the past year with the big guests compared to at previous events. I certainly wouldn't like to see a GUARANTEE on personalisation though as it will have a knock-on effect and others will miss out. In the end, it's done where possible, and that's all we can ask for.

Perhaps having Goldpass owners the benefit of having a GUARANTEE on personilization? :P

The benefits are very good. But this would be something that would really give it the little extra.

I know everyone has different circumstances, but I still find it quite remarkable.

I have to agree. I get that people have different circumstances, but I've never understood the people who say "oh my god, she's £10 more expensive, I can't see her now". I don't want to be patronizing (I really don't), but if you can't put an extra £10 together in six months, times may be too tough to be coming to these events as a hobby...