This years Auction will be bigger and have many cool items up for grab

• Showmasters Admin

This year's Auction will be bigger and have many cool items up for grabs

Over the last year we have been gathering very cool times ready for this year's LFCC and we have so many amazing things for you to bid on.

We have managed to get some real film props from Terry Pratchett Discworld TV show as well as some cast and crew items from Guardians of the Galaxy and Game of Thrones as well as many more really cool things.

The Auction will take place over the two days with lots ending each day.

If we have the time in the run up to the show we will put up a list of items that we have available so you have a little heads up of what there is to bid on.

All in all it's a much bigger auction than previous years and there is something for everyone - and with there being no reserves there will be some real bargains like the Al Pacino autograph that went for £5 at the Cardiff Comic Con :-)

The auction will be located in the middle of Earls Court 2 hall

see you there soon

Showmasters

Edited by etmuse
  • Like 1

How does the bidding work?

You have to register to get a no. Then each item has a bidding form on a clipboard that you write your no and bid on. At the end all clipboards are collected up and the crew doing it shouts out the final bid and invites anyone else to beat it. If no one does, then the last bid on the form wins that auction.

Only cash accepted at the auction or also credit cards? (the question behind this is that I'm from non GBP using country, so I need to change Euros into pounds, then whatever pounds I don't use back into Euros, which is a bad business as I get charged comissions twice. If can pay with visa i still get somehow overcharged by my bank and visa but at least only once)

Edited by Shandil

Only cash accepted at the auction or also credit cards? (the question behind this is that I'm from non GBP using country, so I need to change Euros into pounds, then whatever pounds I don't use back into Euros, which is a bad business as I get charged comissions twice. If can pay with visa i still get somehow overcharged by my bank and visa but at least only once)

I paid for an item last year by card - shouldn't be a problme, though you'll pay the card's exchange rate so may be beneficial to get cash out before the trip.

Edited by Zahariel

I paid for an item last year by card - shouldn't be a problme, though you'll pay the card's exchange rate so may be beneficial to get cash out before the trip.

True, and I'll bring cash before the trip. However it's better knowing I don't need to bring loads and loads of it just in case there is something so awesome I'd go crazy for :)

The auctions are great - the only bit I dont agree with is at the end where they close each auction off individually and ask for any final bids. All auctions should finish at the same time so there is no last minute bidding war.

Edited by Marky242