Next year's date

1 minute ago, Wrong Name said:

Earliest we get the dates for the following year is usually at the July show itself. At a guess I would say the last weekend in July again, but there is nothing to confirm this in any way.

Oh poop! That's what I was afraid of! I'll have to try and book both weekends off just incase. I thought it might be the last weekend of July but wasn't sure as it goes into August next year :(

7 minutes ago, Chanters4 said:

Oh poop! That's what I was afraid of! I'll have to try and book both weekends off just incase. I thought it might be the last weekend of July but wasn't sure as it goes into August next year :(

My guess is that it will be the 24-26th as that's the last weekend, but as Wrong says, they will only confirm it when they announce it.

1 hour ago, Chanters4 said:

Hey, does anyone know if the date for lfcc next July have been announced somewhere please? I know it's over a year away but I have to put my holiday request in now before someone else pinches the dates I need haha. 

You have to request now for holiday over 12 months away? That's dumb. Tell your bosses that's dumb and you'll book your holiday when you're good and ready. 

I would say it's going to be the last weekend on July, but next year overlaps with August, so you never know until Showmasters announce it officially (which will most likely be during/a little after this year's LFCC).

20 hours ago, natedammit said:

You have to request now for holiday over 12 months away? That's dumb. Tell your bosses that's dumb and you'll book your holiday when you're good and ready. 

Only in so much that it sounds like his company can only bear X people being away at a time on the same days, and thus he wants to book the days off now to make sure he can have them off. Before anyone else claims them. I get that a bit, there's only two of us testing, so we try not to overlap, but it was difficult earlier this year as our partners were due to give birth within two weeks of each other!

59 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

Only in so much that it sounds like his company can only bear X people being away at a time on the same days, and thus he wants to book the days off now to make sure he can have them off. Before anyone else claims them. I get that a bit, there's only two of us testing, so we try not to overlap, but it was difficult earlier this year as our partners were due to give birth within two weeks of each other!

Well that I understand, but so far in advance? Who knows what they are up to over 12 months away? Organised people, that's who. There's no-one I trust less than organised people. 

My department at work is similar concerning leave.

When I get dates for the following year’s LFCC, I check with my colleagues before booking the dates.

I booked dates for The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi some 2 years before their release dates!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, natedammit said:

Well that I understand, but so far in advance? Who knows what they are up to over 12 months away? Organised people, that's who. There's no-one I trust less than organised people. 

I'm an organized person, and I like to book things in advance, but over 12 months in advance? For Comic-Con? Wtf? Only time I'd consider booking more than 12 months in advance is if I was travelling to Antarctica or the moon!