Holiday thread, apparently :)

I forgot to mention I've been to Poland too, though now I find that LFCC is my main holiday. People see a holiday lazying around in a nice hot place on the beach drinking and eating all day long. Personally I dont like the heat and I hate sand, I'm happy to be in a queue waiting to have a photo with a celeb and hanging out with my friends. This year it looks like I wont be going to LFCC or collectormania as the guests dont appeal to me, am I annoyed? nah for me it's money saved and just as well as I had to buy a laptop as my 6+ year old desktop is dying. Having said that if some guests do appeal to me I'll go. I cant wait for star trek convention in October!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, unkown error said:

People see a holiday lazying around in a nice hot place on the beach drinking and eating all day long. Personally I dont like the heat and I hate sand, I'm happy to be in a queue waiting to have a photo with a celeb and hanging out with my friends.

I’m the same, I hate the beach and hot weather :WINCE: My ideal holidays are either conventions or visiting cities and sightseeing my favourite filming locations :D

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

I can handle the heat but not the cold. Funny as I am from a cold country. But I think it is the darkness during winter that gets to me the most but finally we are moving towards the time when it is never dark. 

Lol I feel you, I can handle the cold but not the heat and I’m from a generally hot country :lol: There’s something wrong here, maybe we should switch countries :P

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Nerd Who said:

Lol I feel you, I can handle the cold but not the heat and I’m from a generally hot country :lol: There’s something wrong here, maybe we should switch countries :P

Of some reason hot climate has been the thing for me. Always been since I was a kid. In school we have a week long sports break in the end of February but I just enjoyed a week off, skiing and skating? Nope! Too cold. :lol: 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, VikingGrrrl said:

@Chris1970 @natedammit

Film of the whole trip with the boat from Bergen to Kirkenes was sent on tv. 134 hours long from start to finish!

I hope you watched the whole thing. It's quite interesting because you stop in all the little ports up the coast as the boat delivers their post and supplies. Although that is annoying in the middle of the night, especially as our cabin was right above the bit they open to get stuff in and out. The first time it happened was about 2am and with all the noise and vibration it felt like they were dropping our cabin off at the docks.

1 hour ago, natedammit said:

I hope you watched the whole thing. It's quite interesting because you stop in all the little ports up the coast as the boat delivers their post and supplies. Although that is annoying in the middle of the night, especially as our cabin was right above the bit they open to get stuff in and out. The first time it happened was about 2am and with all the noise and vibration it felt like they were dropping our cabin off at the docks.

That must have been painful in the morning :o apparently to visit the temple of Abu Simbel in Egypt I'd have to get up at three in the morning to be there before the busloads of tourists... that will be agony :blink:

2 hours ago, natedammit said:

I just watched a little here and there. That must have been quite annoying :huh:

37 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

That must have been painful in the morning :o apparently to visit the temple of Abu Simbel in Egypt I'd have to get up at three in the morning to be there before the busloads of tourists... that will be agony :blink:

Too early.. :huh:

13 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:
33 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

Being a history freak, lots! :D

Just like me !! :dance:

Ugh no, the worst thing about going on a guided tour is when they start banging on about history. Yeah yeah, 18th century, whatever.