Holiday thread, apparently :)

58 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Queen please lock if you choose to as the issue is over, there's no sense having a 3rd or 4th General chat thread. :lol:

Sure we don’t need another specific thread dedicated to the best users- I mean, international users attending LFCC? :huh:

:P:P:P

• Haha 3

Nice try Nerd :lol: There's a Euro forum already, sure it's not LFCC specific though.

If you do want an international thread in here go for it, unless QS says to relegate it to the Euro Forum.  I can change the title of this thread so you can have it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Hey @Nerd WhoI booked a sun and sand trip to Italy today ^_^

Wow, that’s so cool! :o (I mean, I hate sun AND sand, that’s why I like migrating to cooler countries in the summer, but still, that’s so cool for you! :lol:)

Have you ever been to Italy before? Which general area are you visiting, if I may ask? We might bump into each other in the street??? :D

12 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

OFF TOPIC.  OFF TOPIC.  ALERT. 

Er... we see your clever attempt to change the topic of this thread by changing its title but we don’t forget our legacy, this was the international user thread once so... I say we get to decide what is off topic, don’t we???

:poki::poki::poki:

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

Wow, that’s so cool! :o (I mean, I hate sun AND sand, that’s why I like migrating to cooler countries in the summer, but still, that’s so cool for you! :lol:)

Have you ever been to Italy before? Which general area are you visiting, if I may ask? We might bump into each other in the street??? :D

Oh, several times. I am a history buff and where else to start? Taken train rides throught the country throughout the years, Roma..Pisa, Bologna, San Remo, Lucca, Firenze, Venezia, Ravenna, Verona...etc etc. In September I am going to Sardegna for a week. :D

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Oh, several times. I am a history buff and where else to start? Taken train rides throught he country throughout the years, Roma..Pisa, Bologna, San Remo, Lucca, Firenze, Venezia, Ravenna, Verona...etc etc. In September I am going to Sardegna for a week. :D

Wow, that’s impressive, you’ve probably (definitely!) visited more places in Italy than I have :D And some cities close to my hometown in Tuscany too, well done! :o Plenty of historical places, artworks, and monuments to see here if you like that sort of things :wub: I’m usually very critical towards my country, but I must admit it’s one of the (few?) good things we have ;)

The sea in Sardegna is beautiful, good choice! As I said, not my favourite kind of holidays personally, too hot even in September :P but I’m sure you’ll have an amazing relaxing ad naturalist experience :lol:

(Ok now we’re really turning this thread into general chat and gifs, maybe we should really be stopped :poki:)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

Wow, that’s impressive, you’ve probably (definitely!) visited more places in Italy than I have :D And some cities close to my hometown in Tuscany too, well done! :o Plenty of historical places, artworks, and monuments to see here if you like that sort of things :wub: I’m usually very critical towards my country, but I must admit it’s one of the (few?) good things we have ;)

The sea in Sardegna is beautiful, good choice! As I said, not my favourite kind of holidays personally, too hot even in September :P but I’m sure you’ll have an amazing relaxing ad naturalist experience :lol:

(Ok now we’re really turning this thread into general chat and gifs, maybe we should really be stopped :poki:)

Thanks ! Italy is a fav spot in the world, Toscana is so beautiful. I am very much into history, art and architecture. Actually just finished a book about the Medici. Darn! They could make a GoT- like series about that family.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris1970 said:

Actually just finished a book about the Medici. Darn! They could make a GoT- like series about that family.

They have! There’s this show: Medici - Masters of Florence with GoT actor Richard Madden, it’s very well done, probably the only good show Italian TV ever produced! :o You should totally check it out, the style is similar to GoT too! :D

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I think I would love to see Florence one day, that looks to be a beautiful place.

One of my favourite cities in Italy, so beautiful and quite vibrant too :wub: I went to uni there and still visit it often for work and meeting with friends ^_^

(I still remember when Mads was filming Hannibal in the city centre and everyone but me met him :o:WINCE:)

3 hours ago, natedammit said:

I went to this obscure place in Italy called Rome, you probably won't have heard of it.

Hum, heard some people mentioning it once... very little town, supposedly there’s this stadium called Colosseum but they don’t even use it anymore, no traffic, no tourists at all, wonder why you even visited it... :huh:

• Haha 1