Big Guest Announcement - Wednesday 7pm

While I would really love for the guest to be Christopher Eccleston, the fact that this may be the guest’s only con makes me unsure.

For a while, both Billie Piper and Catherine Tate hadn’t attended conventions when all of the other companions had and people wondered if they ever would attend. They were both announced for conventions and clearly must have enjoyed them because they’ve since gone on to do many conventions around the world.

So why would Showmasters risk saying that it’s likely to be Chris’ only convention if he may actually enjoy it and enjoy meeting the fans and then want to go and attend more?

I know that Chris hasn’t really wanted to be associated with Doctor Who in the past, which may be why he’d just attend the one, but for a lot of years he’s replied to Doctor Who fan mail (where as Catherine Tate didn’t even do that before she started attending conventions) so he clearly doesn’t have an issue with signing DW things for fans.

I personally think that it’s someone who will be an ‘older’ actor. I just don’t know how SM can predict that they’re likely to never attend another convention otherwise. They would only make such a bold claim if they were almost certain about it, and they know from experience that a lot of first time guests they’ve had have then gone on to do other conventions.

Edited by Sam_Carter96
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

So.. anyone think there's a chance the guest will be so big that entry tickets start selling out?

I think they actually might. It's about time for Showmasters to announce a big leading name to promote the whole event as they usually do around that time (we can clearly see that the guest lineup is starting to form).

5 minutes ago, fanowaty said:

I think they actually might. It's about time for Showmasters to announce a big leading name to promote the whole event as they usually do around that time (we can clearly see that the guest lineup is starting to form).

Then it's a good thing we already got our entree tickets;)

• Like 1