General Chat

5 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Just worked out that it’s around 13 weeks until LFCC, it doesn’t sound long when you say it that way and now I’m freaking out! 

The time will fly too but with the schedule released in the week before by the time you've worked out where you have to be and when, you'll be excited rather than freaking out.

The freaking out starts when you see your idols in person when you're waiting your turn to meet them ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Dont worry. It will go fine. Just wear a big smile and you will charm Mr. Capaldi

I hope it does because if it doesn’t I swear I’m bringing a shovel with me to the con and digging a hole that I can crawl into!

17 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

I hope it does because if it doesn’t I swear I’m bringing a shovel with me to the con and digging a hole that I can crawl into!

It will honestly go fine. Better than fine. You'll be looking back on it and smiling for ages after :)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

I am actually pretty settled now for LFCC.. just possible guests coming up. Accommodation fixed, plane ticket fixed, actually got £25 on my Oyster Card, spending money fixed, tickets printed, named card for when signing fixed..clothes partly planned... B) And updated @VikingGrrrl"Who are you meeting"-list. I have deserved an ice cream :D

Entrance tickets! Don't forget your entrance tickets! And photoshoots, too! ;)

9 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Melody!! How sweet! :wub:

It's Mels. There is no Melody. ;)

(Yes, it's hours later, but I've been out all day [literally! lol] and I decided to catch up on 4 pages worth of posts at 2am! <_< lol)

5 hours ago, wjbleming said:

Entrance tickets! Don't forget your entrance tickets! And photoshoots, too! ;)

It's Mels. There is no Melody. ;)

(Yes, it's hours later, but I've been out all day [literally! lol] and I decided to catch up on 4 pages worth of posts at 2am! <_< lol)

I even bring tickets I dont even need. :lol:  Mels? God, that makes her sound like a bar owner during the 1920's prohibition era in the US. :huh:

You been to the SM Con in Belfast? If so, how was it?

Edited by Chris1970

8 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

Just remember, though it's hard to at the time, that in our stress we have a tendency to massively magnify things way out of proportion, so keep yourself grounded!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Just remember, though it's hard to at the time, that in our stress we have a tendency to massively magnify things way out of proportion, so keep yourself grounded!

@R4wly97Exact! I have been there too, and probably end up there again one day. Just go with the flow is a actually one of the best advices I received once. You know why you are there, the guest knows why you are there and everything will be fine. Just enjoy it, and the time up until it starts. Still so much more happening up until the moment we all are standing there in the queue, waiting to get inside.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Would it be weird to get guests to sign posters that belong to a franchise they are in, but isn't the movie they are in? I'm thinking of getting a Rey poster and have people who have played a jedi from the previous movies sign it. Same with Kylo, but have people who have played siths sign it. Is it possible the guest would refuse to sign it?

I've met Spencer Wilding (Darth Vader in Rogue One, which is always a discussion if he was in the movie or not) but I've seen some people give him a random action figure like Boba Fett for him to sign just because he signs everything. Most of the actors sign everything which isn't offensive to them but Spencer is a whole other story.

In my case, suddenly Darth Vader is in GoT :D

ofEOe5e.jpg?1

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

I've met Spencer Wilding (Darth Vader in Rogue One, which is always a discussion if he was in the movie or not) but I've seen some people give him a random action figure like Boba Fett for him to sign just because he signs everything. Most of the actors sign everything which isn't offensive to them but Spencer is a whole other story.

In my case, suddenly Darth Vader is in GoT :D

ofEOe5e.jpg?1

That's sooo cool!! :D

Saw the London marathon on tv and it reminded me about the bike race going on in London on the Sunday, looked at the route and it goes near the Olympia so I’m guessing the best way to get to the con Sunday morning is the tube?