General Chat

Just now, R4wly97 said:

@Chris1970 You know you said you put your first and last name on your name card is that because you like the guests to sign your last name on your autographs because I was just thinking about putting my first name only?

Oo..First name is standard..I just put both to be more friendly and "inviting", I know their full name. 

20 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@Nerd Who I’m sorry to hear that our mailing system can lose things sometimes :(

It’s okay, the mailing system here is far worse, it’s a disaster :P It happens with popular actors, they get hundreds of letters and they can’t always reply to everyone for all sorts of reasons ^_^

12 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

It’s okay, the mailing system here is far worse, it’s a disaster :P It happens with popular actors, they get hundreds of letters and they can’t always reply to everyone for all sorts of reasons ^_^

@Nerd Who Yeah I know what you mean I wrote to Capaldi in January but I’ve not had anything back as yet but it’s very rare to hear from them straight away if they do reply 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

You can just take a post it pad with you and put it on your item B)

43 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

I read it the other day, I don't know but it's more likely the press are making it bigger than it is, they always make stuff sound worse than it it.

Would it be weird to get guests to sign posters that belong to a franchise they are in, but isn't the movie they are in? I'm thinking of getting a Rey poster and have people who have played a jedi from the previous movies sign it. Same with Kylo, but have people who have played siths sign it. Is it possible the guest would refuse to sign it?

37 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Would it be weird to get guests to sign posters that belong to a franchise they are in, but isn't the movie they are in? I'm thinking of getting a Rey poster and have people who have played a jedi from the previous movies sign it. Same with Kylo, but have people who have played siths sign it. Is it possible the guest would refuse to sign it?

No.

Possibly but unlikely.  There have been occasions where guests have refused to sign but it's normally stuff for films that haven't been released yet and they aren't allowed to for some reason, so as long as the poster isn't offensive then you should be fine. 

Personally I say it's OK as with some franchises they don't have a generic poster that represents the whole thing so you have to go with what you can get.  I have a Defenders poster for some of the Marvel TV progs and I'd happily get people who weren't in the Defenders one, as long as they were in any of IF, JJ, DD or LC as they made up the Defenders.  Also I have a poster for Hobbit Desolation but will get people to sign it who were only in 1 or 3 as well.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

No.

Possibly but unlikely.  There have been occasions where guests have refused to sign but it's normally stuff for films that haven't been released yet and they aren't allowed to for some reason, so as long as the poster isn't offensive then you should be fine. 

Personally I say it's OK as with some franchises they don't have a generic poster that represents the whole thing so you have to go with what you can get.  I have a Defenders poster for some of the Marvel TV progs and I'd happily get people who weren't in the Defenders one, as long as they were in any of IF, JJ, DD or LC as they made up the Defenders.  Also I have a poster for Hobbit Desolation but will get people to sign it who were only in 1 or 3 as well.

I can't see the poster being a problem either. The exceptions where guests did not sign certain things are rare. The Funkos for the Shining Twins are the most current exception. I also remember Bruce Campbell and certain comics/action figures. Sometimes actresses won't sign Playboy shoots or other pictorials like this. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@Raylenth Could do but I was thinking about the risk of losing or it getting ripped if it was a post it note, at least with a laminated one I could use it again :D

If your post-it note gets damanged you could always... you know... write another one......... :P:P:P

The laminated one would look more professional for sure, though, and some guests might remember you for using it, so why not? ;)