Help with subway to Olympia

Hi London's friends !

FRIDAY, i will take "picadilly line" to "earl' court".

Then, the district line (green and white) to Olympia.

But it said : "DIstrict open weekends, public hollydays, and some olympia event".

So, it's OK on Friday ? or the line is closed on friday ?

19 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Closed on Friday, unless they Count LFACC as one of those Special Events. Which they did not last year if Memory serves me right.

In 2015, it was closed on friday.

But it was the 1st LFFC at Olympia...

Arf, bad news if it's closed, because the shuttle is not really great

2 hours ago, mark worton said:

if you are fit & healthy it's a 10minute walk from Earls Court I always walk it can be as quick as the bus or underground

Shorter walk if you get off at Baron Court Station or Hammersmith station(both are literally 10min walk at a normal pace)

7 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

So it won't be a problem to get to Olympia from St Pancreas station on the tube on saturdays then?

You shouldn't have any problems getting there by tube on the weekend.

10 hours ago, Spacecadet is here said:

Haha.. its a 5 minute walk for someone with 4 legs... Never mind Bear you should never tried walking on 2 legs and stuck to the 4.. :lol:

" 4 Legs Good 2 Legs Bad " Animal Farm lol

Nar all joking aside depending where your coming from you may be able to get a Overground train directly especially if your like me and coming from the south as you can get a direct one from Clapham Junction :)

18 hours ago, CMA said:

Shorter walk if you get off at Baron Court Station or Hammersmith station(both are literally 10min walk at a normal pace)

You shouldn't have any problems getting there by tube on the weekend.

My London map book only goes to Earls court so I don't know the other route lol

I walk from Barons Court, too. It's close and I don't have to change to different line. You are never the only one going to LFCC from that station, so you can just join other attendees and walk to Olympia with them:smile:

24 minutes ago, mark worton said:

My London map book only goes to Earls court so I don't know the other route lol

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4938598,-0.205146,16.25z See here for the 3 tube stations nearest to Olympia. Baron's is on the same line as Earls Court and is very slightly closer but depending where you are coming from may not be relevant as you'll spend another minute or so getting to it.

• Like 1

I've been looking at routes I can get there from Euston, I think I'll just grab a taxi for my journey there given I don't land in London until 9am.

I'm hoping a taxi can get me to the Olympia for before 9:15am?  Anyone ever done the Euston ---> Olympia journey, is a taxi my best bet?  

Thanks team

A taxi?  In London traffic?  Seriously though, googoo mapping it gives a time of 24 minutes and that probably dependent on good traffic.  Depending on what days you are coming Admiral (Can't remember) the over ground trains will take about 30 mins (this is based on a Saturday journey)

14 mins   London Overground to Willesden Junction Rail Station
10 mins   London Overground to Kensington (Olympia) Rail Station

the underground about 24/26 mins and it says Victoria line to Victoria and swap to the District to Earl's C and then swap to the Olympia Branch line.

If you are coming Friday then if you either need to get an over ground train right to Olympia or circle to High Street Kensington and hop on a bus.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

Thanks Raylenth, much appreciate your advice.

Saturday's my only day, so ye, it'll be quite hectic on the roads at 9am I imagine.

Underground the way to go then it seems?  Arriving after 9:30am worries me, but it's my own fault for not planning well. My only concern is missing out on a decent VQ for Ian McDiarmid, but if it's not meant to be...

Thanks again buddy.

Swings and roundabouts Admiral, there isn't a lot in it to be honest, overground you have to change twice, underground 3 times but they are about the same time journey wise.  I'd probably use the tube but that's because I know the stations so know where to go!  If I were you I would still print off the overground time tables/route and that way you have the info on the day so if you get to Euston and there is a problem with the tubes you know the alternative route you need to take.