Latest Guest Announcement - BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH

10 minutes ago, Laura03 said:

Hi everyone, 

Its my first time going to LFCC and I don't have a clue what to expect haha! 

I have tickets for a Photo Op with BC on Saturday and I am Batch 28. 

I know i'm definitely going to be in the afternoon but was wondering if anyone had an idea around about what time and what time i should star queuing for it? 

Batch 28 will be the last group through Laura so make sure you are there about 20 minutes before the last session ends.

Last year I was in America and bought an oil painting of Stephen Hawking for $300.  I was having trouble working out what to get Benedict to sign but have decided to have him sign this as he played him in the BBC film "Hawking".  I hope to get a good reaction when I put it on the table for signing as he will probably not have signed anything like this. I just then need to have Eddie Redmayne sign it as well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Nice Ian, yeah that will certainly be unique.

I have the photo shoot booked with Wil Wheaton on the Big Bang Theory set.  I thought I would put the painting in Sheldon's spot.

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Is it framed?  Otherwise it may be a bit droopy :P

Its a box canvas i.e. the painting is attached to a framework but not actually framed and is currently hung on my office wall. 

17 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Not sure if you will find that to buy as I know it's a poster a fan designed for themselves.

Do you want something for cast signing or only BC?

Personally I don't like getting DVD's signed as 1 they are usually on a shelf hidden away and 2 a potentially defunct format - if in 5 years we don't have DVD players any more are you going to want to keep it :D

Yeah I know, I was thinking about having the 3D Blu-ray signed (just BC) but I don't know, I always try to get something special signed. It's difficut, hence my question :wacko:

5 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

Yeah I know, I was thinking about having the 3D Blu-ray signed (just BC) but I don't know, I always try to get something special signed. It's difficut, hence my question :wacko:

Getting your photo with him signed is always a good option, you definitely know it's a one of a kind item. Loads of the stalls will have BC related stuff, there will likely be some good original art prints that would look good signed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kurdamoni said:

Yeah, that's one of the downsides, having to carry the stuff I want to get signed :blink:

In 2015 I spent the weekend pushing around a plutonium case on a trolley.  This year I am bringing 2 sizeable but lightweight items but have the added disadvantage in that just like Doctor Strange my left hand was badly injured in an accident, I have long term nerve damage and my thumb was amputated.  At the end of the day I expect my hand to by quite painful but it has to be done to do to get what I want.  For the photo shoot I thought about asking Benedict to do a pose where he is performing a magic spell on my hand.

A friend of mine just asked me if I could get her an autograph of Benedict and that is possible right? I have a diamond pass for him and getting an extra autograph is allowed? I don't think he will put names on it so it's not an big issue.I still haven't saw an announcement of how many autographs per time is allowed

1 minute ago, IlonaTijhuis said:

A friend of mine just asked me if I could get her an autograph of Benedict and that is possible right? I have a diamond pass for him and getting an extra autograph is allowed? I don't think he will put names on it so it's not an big issue.I still haven't saw an announcement of how many autographs per time is allowed

Yes, you are allowed to buy up to 5 as per the standard rules. They normally only announce if it's different.

Edited by Raylenth

Just now, IlonaTijhuis said:

if same as previous years you can get up to 5 autos.... of course paying the auto price for each one. so if getting 5 then you pay 5 x auto price

10 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Yes, you are allowed to buy up to 5 as per the standard rules. They normally only announce if it's different.

Great :) I'll get her artbook with me and get her an autograph. She's there on Sunday but I think Benedict will be quite busy so I'm the only one who is guaranteed to get autographs :)

Edited by IlonaTijhuis
  • Like 1

Just now, Tom Beaker said:

It may be a bit late to order one, but Doaly has an absolutely fantastic alternative Doctor Strange giclee...

s-l225.jpg

Or if you can find one, the SDCC Ryan Meinerding poster (does not come with the EW logo!!)

strange-1-600x373.jpg

I've always loved the bottom pick but the top one I hadn't seen before.

21 minutes ago, Stassy said:

The third is really good.  Shame its so close the event for delivery timescales.

It depends where you re based Stassy but if you are UK you could contact the artist and try and arrange next day delivery as he is uk based.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

It depends where you re based Stassy but if you are UK you could contact the artist and try and arrange next day delivery as he is uk based.

I am in the UK.  The other thing is what are my chances getting Benedict to sign it without a DP, he's going to be super busy at the weekend :o 

Just now, Stassy said:

I am in the UK.  The other thing is what are my chances getting Benedict to sign it without a DP, he's going to be super busy at the weekend :o 

for those of us without DP all we can do is get a a VQ ticket as quickly as possible and hope it opens up.