Jump to content

Funko Pop Collection


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Godzilla arrived an hour ago, so here he is :D

n700ig.jpg

Just got back from watching Shin Godzilla at my local cinema so seeing this came at a great time :). This pop rocks!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

....taking Pops....out of the box?   What is this blasphemy you speak of?

Last week I received my last James Bond Funko (white tux Daniel Craig Spectre special edition) so now I have all 19 James Bond Funko's. Now that wait begins for wave three  but I'm not in a hurry

Here are my partners (signed) Dr Who related Pops. There are actually more but these are the signed ones. @The Friendly Dalek If you look you can see her custom 5th-8th Doctors at the bottom. Even tho

I have over 230 pops all in the box converted garage wife says it's like a shop kids call the nerd cave and I have about 30 pops signed I don't get pictures signed only action figures and pops

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have about 20 now.  I take them out of the boxes (but keep the boxes and packaging) and display them on my book shelves.  Most of them are book related charactes, so they sit with or near the books.  Those that are TV show/Movie related are sort of grouped together with any random stuff on my shelves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I keep mine in their boxes and put those in plastic protectors (just the cheap thin ones, not the thick, solid acrylic ones), and have them stacked on top of one of my dvd shelves...  I have almost 1,100 dvds so there's loads of rooms on top of all the shelves I need for those :rolleyes:

20171121_221916.jpg

I must admit that after seeing peoples collections out of the box, I think keeping them in is the right decision - I actually prefer the way they look in the box, by a BIG way!

Edited by gecko-markus
Added funko collection photo
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/02/2017 at 10:26 PM, minchb said:

I had my Suicide Squad Harley Quinn signed by Margot Robbie, it's my most favourite :wub:

This has now grown! :lol:

Daisy Ridley on my Rey (Force Awakens Edition)

James Franco on my Green Goblin

Evanna Lynch on my Luna Lovegood 

Talitha Bateman on my Annabelle 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, minchb said:

This has now grown! :lol:

Daisy Ridley on my Rey (Force Awakens Edition)

James Franco on my Green Goblin

Evanna Lynch on my Luna Lovegood 

Talitha Bateman on my Annabelle 

 

Wow! But you do work hard for it so blooming well done!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I bought my first ever Pop! today, probably a big mistake as I'll want to add to it all the time now.  However, for those that get them signed, do you always get them signed across the plastic front, as I don't think it looks that good?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Stassy said:

I bought my first ever Pop! today, probably a big mistake as I'll want to add to it all the time now.  However, for those that get them signed, do you always get them signed across the plastic front, as I don't think it looks that good?

I've never had mine signed but I do thing they look good when signed on the plastic window - as there is a lot of print and images on the rest of the box it does have the advantage of being nice, clear and visual as you won't then be getting the auto over the print.  just my 2p's worth though :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/11/2017 at 3:23 PM, minchb said:

This has now grown! :lol:

Daisy Ridley on my Rey (Force Awakens Edition)

James Franco on my Green Goblin

Evanna Lynch on my Luna Lovegood 

Talitha Bateman on my Annabelle 

Now adding a new Margot Robbie on Harley Quinn Inmate and Jennifer Lawrence on Hunger Games Katniss to that list! :lol:

 

13 hours ago, Stassy said:

I bought my first ever Pop! today, probably a big mistake as I'll want to add to it all the time now.  However, for those that get them signed, do you always get them signed across the plastic front, as I don't think it looks that good?

I always try to get them done on the window of the box cause it looks cool with the pop itself behind the auto. Coloured paint pens are best for this as the autograph comes across really strong and bright, especially when the colour of the paint pen matches the colour design of the box :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Raylenth said:

I've never had mine signed but I do thing they look good when signed on the plastic window - as there is a lot of print and images on the rest of the box it does have the advantage of being nice, clear and visual as you won't then be getting the auto over the print.  just my 2p's worth though :D

I value your 2ps worth!

8 hours ago, minchb said:

I always try to get them done on the window of the box cause it looks cool with the pop itself behind the auto. Coloured paint pens are best for this as the autograph comes across really strong and bright, especially when the colour of the paint pen matches the colour design of the box :)

 

This is why I asked because I'm not sure it looks right having the signature across the plastic as it kinda hides the character but I see what you both mean and you are right.

What brand are the paint pens?  Are coloured Sharpies good also?

I've read the best way to transport these boxes for signing is to flat pack them, is that right?

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a lot of brands of paint pens.  I've heard Posca's are good and I've been intending to buy some to try out but have been to lazy to go to the shop yet.  Sharpies do paints as well but I've not had much luck with the ones I have bought for posters - when I tested them on a spare 8x10 they splodged (but having just watched some pen comparison video's I think I was using them wrong)  So I wanted to test the Posca's instead.  Many people don't have issues with them though and I presume if it splodges a bit on the window you can carefully wipe it off maybe.

 

A quick Googoo search gives you a lot of images and you can see what you think of the signed on the window ones or the signed on the boxes variety.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Signed+Funko's&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjrp5eB6Z7aAhXqI8AKHep2DN4Q_AUICygC&biw=1536&bih=759

 

Edited by Raylenth
Link to post
Share on other sites

And the differences in pen.

I guess this is a plain black Sharpie maybe

Image result for Signed Funko's

And this may be a paint pen.  I am just guessing though,but it does look nice and sharp and crisp.

Image result for Signed Funko's

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stassy said:

What brand are the paint pens?  Are coloured Sharpies good also?

I've read the best way to transport these boxes for signing is to flat pack them, is that right?

I try not to flatpack them as when the box folds it creates a crease down the edges (that might just be my ocd and fussyness though!) but when I carry them I place them into a cardboard box of similar size so it doesn’t move around and fits in my bag perfectly :). I use the boxes that my pops are usually delivered in if that’s of any help! 

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

There are a lot of brands of paint pens.  I've heard Posca's are good and I've been intending to buy some to try out but have been to lazy to go to the shop yet.  Sharpies do paints as well but I've not had much luck with the ones I have bought for posters - when I tested them on a spare 8x10 they splodged (but having just watched some pen comparison video's I think I was using them wrong)  So I wanted to test the Posca's instead.  Many people don't have issues with them though and I presume if it splodges a bit on the window you can carefully wipe it off maybe.

 

A quick Googoo search gives you a lot of images and you can see what you think of the signed on the window ones or the signed on the boxes variety.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Signed+Funko's&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjrp5eB6Z7aAhXqI8AKHep2DN4Q_AUICygC&biw=1536&bih=759

 

 

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

And the differences in pen.

I guess this is a plain black Sharpie maybe

Image result for Signed Funko's

And this may be a paint pen.  I am just guessing though,but it does look nice and sharp and crisp.

Image result for Signed Funko's

I’ve tried the Sharpie paint pens but I’m a bit weary of them. Personally I’d suggest Posca, but it also depends on the person who’s signing if they hold it correctly. I often have mine signed in normal black sharpie as I’m usually in a rushed situation and there’s no time to ask them to change. At a convention as it’s a calmer situ and they can sit there and do it carefully, I’d maybe try them then? I’d definitely watch YouTube videos though on how to get the pen ready for usage :) 

Also, after I get my pop signed I place it into a clear acid-free POP box so the auto is protected too! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Raylenth thanks, I never thought to Google signed Funko (most obvious step!) and the paint definitely looks better than a Sharpie.  I shall be pen shopping this weekend for paint pens.

@minchb Ok, no flat packing the box!  I bought my Pop's at a shop, so no cardboard container for them but I did notice in the store sold clear box protectors so I'll go back and buy some, I'm presuming these will be the acid free ones.

Thanks guys, I'm more clued up now :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/04/2018 at 10:12 PM, Stassy said:

I bought my first ever Pop! today, probably a big mistake as I'll want to add to it all the time now.

Been there, done that... and still doing it :WINCE:

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Been there, done that... and still doing it :WINCE:

That's why I resisted for so long.  Sometimes I think I should go back to owning horses and have a 'cheap' hobby :blink:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Stassy said:

That's why I resisted for so long.  Sometimes I think I should go back to owning horses and have a 'cheap' hobby :blink:

The problem with the Pop! figures is that they keep releasing new ones all the time, and of course it's one that you want  :WINCE:

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

The problem with the Pop! figures is that they keep releasing new ones all the time, and of course it's one that you want  :WINCE:

I know!  And I've been eyeing up the discontinued ones too :o

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thankfully my Pops are rather limited as I only buy the ones related to a certain actor and 1 show :wub: but it's a nightmare when the new ones come out as they are usually US only for the ones I want now and I agonise over buying them on ebay for about £30/40 (with postage) as it's a lot really for a little hunk of plastic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Thankfully my Pops are rather limited as I only buy the ones related to a certain actor and 1 show :wub: but it's a nightmare when the new ones come out as they are usually US only for the ones I want now and I agonise over buying them on ebay for about £30/40 (with postage) as it's a lot really for a little hunk of plastic.

Popcultcha gets a lot of exclusives in their store, so it's worth checking out when (or a while after) the Pop is released ;) have gotten a lot of exclusives from there that I could not find on european sites

But you might end up with the same price due to shipping :(

Edited by VikingGrrrl
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...