Hotels

Not booked yet, will do in the coming months once the tickets are put on sale. Not staying at PI this time as that was a disgrace last year, plus a near 20 minute hike, way too far on aching feet. Will survey options this time properly :)

I've always enjoyed staying in the premier inn. Reasonably priced as well

We

Not booked yet, will do in the coming months once the tickets are put on sale. Not staying at PI this time as that was a disgrace last year, plus a near 20 minute hike, way too far on aching feet. Will survey options this time properly :)

We stayed at another PI in London and one in Liverpool and they were really good I think so :) I think it was 15 min walk to olympia with this one. Better than I had last year with 45 min with bus... :D

Dont get me wrong, I like staying in PI hotels, but that Kensington one was just horrific,

• Couldnt open the windows (sealed shut)
  • Aircon that coughed air at you and didnt cool the room
  • Winter quilts used in the height of summer (that had to be ditched to even be able to get some sleep)
  • Carpets were ripped and warped in the corridors (
  • Front desk staff missing in action (he left his pager on the front desk so was left in limbo)
Was not the experience I want in a PI, so wont be going back to that one again.

Didn't actually try the windows in my room. The air con kept it cool enough for me. Didn't look at the carpets to see what they were like

Dont get me wrong, I like staying in PI hotels, but that Kensington one was just horrific,

• Winter quilts used in the height of summer (that had to be ditched to even be able to get some sleep)
  • Front desk staff missing in action (he left his pager on the front desk so was left in limbo)

Didn't actually try the windows in my room. The air con kept it cool enough for me. Didn't look at the carpets to see what they were like

you didnt check the carpets chris??? shocking... next you will be saying you didnt get out a black light and check all the surfaces in the room :P

• Like 1

you didnt check the carpets chris??? shocking... next you will be saying you didnt get out a black light and check all the surfaces in the room :P

I don't think anyone should do that ever - haven't you seen CSI?

I don't think anyone should do that ever - haven't you seen CSI?

Sounds like it would look like a Jackson Pollack in there

• Like 1

I've booked there again purely based on cost, but agree a few things could have been improved. I was in a wheelchair yet the outside lift wasn't working so I had to use the one that was clearly for deliveries. One of the two lifts inside was out of action. Two wheelchair lifts were needed to get to the restaurant yet the keys were missing constantly or people didn't know how to work them. First morning though I had a great guy who apologised about not finding the second key and set me up a table in the bar area, couldn't ask for more but following that I had to tell staff which keys they needed to use, even hunting on a bunch of keys once for the correct one. But those seemed to be policy issues compared to things being fixed or replaced.

I did look at the Hilton but even at the extra cost, their website wouldn't let me book an accessible room or even acknowledge they have them sadly. Not many hotels have accessible rooms so Premier Inn it is for me.

It is intresting what different experience people get from the same hotel sometimes, read alot of good stuff on TripAdvisor. I never stayed at this but I hope for the best (stayed at a couple of other ones with a baby even and its been really good), sad to hear you had a bad experience. Lets hope Im more lucky. And that you get a better stay at the other place. :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

if I go next year I'll be staying once again at the hotel I stopped at this year - Holiday Inn Express London Hammersmith.

We were having a look at that one too, Namine, haven't used it before but trip advisor had good reviews last I checked. Was it good for you?

Have recently been searching for alternative hotels, but nothing that were cheaper or just as convenient, so sticking with the Harrow Premier Inn.

At this year's event, their restaurant was being refurbished so got free breakfasts and ate some of the items when I was queuing.

• 2 weeks later...