Guest Cancellation - Ron Perlman

When will I get an email about the refund I got mine for Matthew lillard straight away haven't received an email from eventbrite yet

When someone sorts it. Not all of them are done straight away.

Plus they only officially cancelled him about an hour ago.

• Like 2

When will I get an email about the refund I got mine for Matthew lillard straight away haven't received an email from eventbrite yet

When someone sorts it. Not all of them are done straight away.

Plus they only officially cancelled him about an hour ago.

2 :smile:

• Like 2

First Neill now Perlman - what if them two were the only two you were interested in, can a Fri / sat / sun entry ticket refund be granted? As that's the case for one of us now.

No. Entry tickets are entry to the show, they are not related to specific guests. Entry tickets are only refunded if the whole whow is cancelled.

Unfortunately this is true. Personally I think it's a bad policy that needs review but it stands for now.

Standard condition for any event of this type.

For example, you don't get a refund for a theatre ticket if an actor is replaced by an understudy, or a sports match if a particular player isn't playing.

• Like 3

First Neill now Perlman - what if them two were the only two you were interested in, can a Fri / sat / sun entry ticket refund be granted? As that's the case for one of us now.

No. Entry tickets are entry to the show, they are not related to specific guests. Entry tickets are only refunded if the whole whow is cancelled.

Unfortunately this is true. Personally I think it's a bad policy that needs review but it stands for now.

Standard condition for any event of this type.

For example, you don't get a refund for a theatre ticket if an actor is replaced by an understudy, or a sports match if a particular player isn't playing.

Here we are with another "this is the way it is, accept it" line of argument! *lol*

But no, I'll behave and leave it alone this time.

lol. accept it because it is logical.... you buy a ticket for the whole experience, not just part of it. as said, no different to a play or sports match.

its the counter argument thats wrong... the idea that just because it doesnt benefit people who are going for specific reasons rather than the whole thing, then automatically the system must be wrong

• Like 1

lol. accept it because it is logical.... you buy a ticket for the whole experience, not just part of it. as said, no different to a play or sports match.

its the counter argument thats wrong... the idea that just because it doesnt benefit people who are going for specific reasons rather than the whole thing, then automatically the system must be wrong

As I said, I'm not going to get involved this time.

All I'll say is that I strongly disagree with you.

• Like 1

• Moderators

You could have any number of people purchasing an event ticket, and then deciding to pull out just because a guest cancels.

What's to stop hundreds of people doing that now? Showmasters would have to refund god knows how much money.

It's just not feasible.

As I said, I'm not going to get involved this time.

All I'll say is that I strongly disagree with you.

And yet you posted it.................

You could have any number of people purchasing an event ticket, and then deciding to pull out just because a guest cancels.

What's to stop hundreds of people doing that now? Showmasters would have to refund god knows how much money.

It's just not feasible.

Is that REALLY the only argument against it? Because it's very easy to solve ...

You sell a Diamond Pass Guest Ticket + Entry Ticket Combo. And if the guest cancels, everything gets refunded.

That way, if someone wants to do ONLY that guest, they get their money back if that guest cancels.

I'm not saying allow people to claim now, I'm saying make it easier for future.

It's just not feasible.

Is that REALLY the only argument against it? Because it's very easy to solve ...

You sell a Diamond Pass Guest Ticket + Entry Ticket Combo. And if the guest cancels, everything gets refunded.

That way, if someone wants to do ONLY that guest, they get their money back if that guest cancels.

Well if thats the case shouldnt that entry ticket limit them to one area, where the guest is located. Afterall why should they have access to everything else they arent interested in?

See.. This is where this line of thinking can lead to. It gets petty and ridiculous

• Like 1

But that person would like to see other people as well and what then? People would complain that they have to buy two entry tickets. Plus i didn't have diamond pass for Ron so what is in it for people without diamond pass?

Stenun, you seem to not understand how this thing works. If you are not happy about the way SM is dealing with their business try to start your own.

Nobody can be responsible for actor cancelling. I am sad as well but this is not the end of the world. I get that you wanted to meet only him but yoi'll get all the diamond pass refunded and losing 15 quid is not a massive loss. You can always come and hang around anyway. I went to my 1st con without meeting anyone and i had fun.

It's just not feasible.

Well if thats the case shouldnt that entry ticket limit them to one area, where the guest is located. Afterall why should they have access to everything else they arent interested in?

See.. This is where this line of thinking can lead to. It gets petty and ridiculous

No, charge them exactly the same amount so they can access the Con as normal.

I didn't say sell them a restricted ticket, I said sell them an entry ticket. A normal one. But make it part of a combo with the Guest Diamond Pass.

That way they get access to the event and the Diamond Pass but nothing else - and if the Diamond Pass has to be cancelled, the whole thing gets refunded.

Simple.

But that person would like to see other people as well and what then? People would complain that they have to buy two entry tickets. Plus i didn't have diamond pass for Ron so what is in it for people without diamond pass?

Stenun, you seem to not understand how this thing works. If you are not happy about the way SM is dealing with their business try to start your own.

Nobody can be responsible for actor cancelling. I am sad as well but this is not the end of the world. I get that you wanted to meet only him but yoi'll get all the diamond pass refunded and losing 15 quid is not a massive loss. You can always come and hang around anyway. I went to my 1st con without meeting anyone and i had fun.

No. Sell them a normal entry ticket in the combo package.

Sell a "Diamond Pass + Standard Entry Ticket Combo". Then if the guest cancels, everything gets refunded.

And if they want to see other people in the Con, they can pay like everyone else does.