Guest Cancellation - Ron Perlman

As long as the terms and conditions of the entry ticket purchase are clear, I see nothing wrong with the current system. People have the choice to purchase or not.

"We're going to sell you two things. One thing you want, one thing you don't want. But in order to get the thing you want, you MUST buy the thing you don't want. Right, done that? The thing you want is being withdrawn from sale so here's your money back. But the thing you don't want? We're not giving you back the money for that. Don't want the thing? Tough, we're keeping the £50."

You see nothing wrong with that? Really?

When people are aware of what they're entering into, then no I see nothing wrong with that whatsoever. Buyer's choice to risk that or not.

What you're essentially selling, then, is a lottery ticket.

No it's not.

With a lottery ticket, you either win or you don't. The majority of the time you'll get nothing back whatsoever.

That's like suggesting that Showmasters either give you a guest for your entry ticket, or nothing at all. Like there's nothing in between.

No.

It's the buyer's choice to enter into this if they literally ONLY want to meet one guest who could cancel.

There is still everything else on offer at the event whether the person wants it or not.

Maybe calling it a Lottery Ticket was a bit much, I apologise and withdraw the analogy.

But I still think a lot of the arguments are coming down to "it's just bad luck if they cancel but we're keeping some of the money". I think that's unfair, that's all.

I honestly don't see that it is unfair at all, I think that Showmasters taking flak for this is the unfair part. They wrote the non-refundable aspect in to the agreements, and made it quite clear, and those that bought an entry ticket legally agreed to those terms. What more could they have done to make the point?

The guest cancelling is unfortunate but y'know what...

Just go to the Con, enjoy yourself - there are LOADS of great stalls run by empassioned fellow con-nerds, and a bunch of great free talks. You might just WILL have a great time :)

• Like 1

If refunds were allowed people be like oh i don't want to see this guest because i am broke and they just announced someone i love so they have to give me a refund.

Remember that SM is a business not a charity. It may seem to be unfair but this is why they can afford to bring you the best people they can get. They need to have the income as well. Plus if the guest is cancelling they are giving you the refund so you are only losing entry ticket which is not flippin a lot.

If all the people i am meeting would cancel i would be angry as i have a gold ticket but that is the life.

As long as the terms and conditions of the entry ticket purchase are clear, I see nothing wrong with the current system. People have the choice to purchase or not.

"We're going to sell you two things. One thing you want, one thing you don't want. But in order to get the thing you want, you MUST buy the thing you don't want. Right, done that? The thing you want is being withdrawn from sale so here's your money back. But the thing you don't want? We're not giving you back the money for that. Don't want the thing? Tough, we're keeping the £50."

When people are aware of what they're entering into, then no I see nothing wrong with that whatsoever. Buyer's choice to risk that or not.

No it's not.

With a lottery ticket, you either win or you don't. The majority of the time you'll get nothing back whatsoever.

That's like suggesting that Showmasters either give you a guest for your entry ticket, or nothing at all. Like there's nothing in between.

No.

It's the buyer's choice to enter into this if they literally ONLY want to meet one guest who could cancel.

There is still everything else on offer at the event whether the person wants it or not.

Maybe calling it a Lottery Ticket was a bit much, I apologise and withdraw the analogy.

But I still think a lot of the arguments are coming down to "it's just bad luck if they cancel but we're keeping some of the money". I think that's unfair, that's all.

I honestly don't see that it is unfair at all, I think that Showmasters taking flak for this is the unfair part. They wrote the non-refundable aspect in to the agreements, and made it quite clear, and those that bought an entry ticket legally agreed to those terms. What more could they have done to make the point?

The guest cancelling is unfortunate but y'know what...

Just go to the Con, enjoy yourself - there are LOADS of great stalls run by empassioned fellow con-nerds, and a bunch of great free talks. You might just WILL have a great time :)

And as I said, I'm not trying to insist anyone gets their money back this time. I am suggesting alternative ways of doing it for the future. I think the system can be improved upon and am trying to offer an example of how that can be done.

If refunds were allowed people be like oh i don't want to see this guest because i am broke and they just announced someone i love so they have to give me a refund.

Remember that SM is a business not a charity. It may seem to be unfair but this is why they can afford to bring you the best people they can get. They need to have the income as well. Plus if the guest is cancelling they are giving you the refund so you are only losing entry ticket which is not flippin a lot.

If all the people i am meeting would cancel i would be angry as i have a gold ticket but that is the life.

I believe the proposal I made about hot to change the system would account for all that. :-)

No it's not.

No.

They are keeping the money as the money isnt for that guest... theres no conning people here.

its an unecessary proposal, over complicating the system to help what is probably a ridiculously small number of guests

• Like 1

What if I hadn't booked anything but entry tickets, but couldn't make comic con anymore? Could I just wait for anyone to cancel, then tell SM that was my one guest and ask for a refund?

The whole refund system could be open to abuse.

If you book tickets for one guest, then you know the risk you are taking.

What if I hadn't booked anything but entry tickets, but couldn't make comic con anymore? Could I just wait for anyone to cancel, then tell SM that was my one guest and ask for a refund?

The whole refund system could be open to abuse.

If you book tickets for one guest, then you know the risk you are taking.

No.

As stated several times, you sell a Combo Ticket and only give a refund to those who have the Combo Ticket

And as I said, I'm not trying to insist anyone gets their money back this time. I am suggesting alternative ways of doing it for the future. I think the system can be improved upon and am trying to offer an example of how that can be done.

Your suggestions have been rejected. Lets leave this discussion now hey? Keeping on going on and on about it when the 'suggestion' has been roundly rejected is tantamount to smacking your head into a wall repeatedly despite everyone telling you to stop and complaining about why you have a headache. Lets move on shall we.

• Like 4

Your suggestions have been rejected. Lets leave this discussion now hey? Keeping on going on and on about it when the 'suggestion' has been roundly rejected is tantamount to smacking your head into a wall repeatedly despite everyone telling you to stop and complaining about why you have a headache. Lets move on shall we.

Agreed, no doubt the ideas have been duly noted but since we don't have the power nor desire to change this rule, let's let it lie.

I don't get why people don't like ongoing discussion. *shrugs*

And the fact that I have had to explain myself several times and then some shows that not everyone is reading what I have written so how can the ideas have been rejected if they haven't been read? :-)

But whatever, I will stop for now.

I will simply end with: I believe the current system is unfair and needs to change.

And now I won't say another word on the topic. (But I bet others will! *lol*)

It seems like too many people are taking this personally and trying to get 'one-up' on each other. It also makes me laugh people who aren't even Mods let alone paid employees of Showmaster are trying to take an authoritative stance.

So why did everyone want to meet Mr Perlman?

Any Alien: Resurrection fans or is it just me? *lol*

I actually like Resurrection. It's not without it's flaws and a massive plot hole and the fork scene always makes me cringe but I do enjoy watching it when it's on.

I mostly always remember Ron for Beauty and The Beast though. I loved that series.

You could have any number of people purchasing an event ticket, and then deciding to pull out just because a guest cancels.

What's to stop hundreds of people doing that now? Showmasters would have to refund god knows how much money.

It's just not feasible.

Is that REALLY the only argument against it? Because it's very easy to solve ...

You sell a Diamond Pass Guest Ticket + Entry Ticket Combo. And if the guest cancels, everything gets refunded.

That way, if someone wants to do ONLY that guest, they get their money back if that guest cancels.

I'm not saying allow people to claim now, I'm saying make it easier for future.

Haha... Had to respond to this... What a great Idea, So SM Post on Line the show is a sellout and no more entrance tickets are being sold...

Bang, your guests cancel and you are Refunded everything including entry ticket.. So your happy now.. Then Double Bang a Guest is Announced and you go Corr Wanna meet that person.... Huh I did have an entrance ticket but was refunded and Now I can't go as I can't get a ticket.... Wouldn't that be great? :whistling:

I actually like Resurrection. It's not without it's flaws and a massive plot hole and the fork scene always makes me cringe but I do enjoy watching it when it's on.

I mostly always remember Ron for Beauty and The Beast though. I loved that series.

I never realised he was Vincent till I started taking notice of special effects and filmmaking. I wanted to meet him because I think he's an amazing all round actor, just compare Vincent with Hellboy or Clay Morrow and One from City of Lost Children.

Oh well I guess ill have to wait till next time to hero worship

• Like 1

I never realised he was Vincent till I started taking notice of special effects and filmmaking. I wanted to meet him because I think he's an amazing all round actor, just compare Vincent with Hellboy or Clay Morrow and One from City of Lost Children.

Oh well I guess ill have to wait till next time to hero worship

I love him for so many roles. Quest for Fire, Blade 2, Name of the Rose, Magnificent Seven, Sons of Anarchy, Beauty and the Beast, ... And I actually like all the Alien films. As said, Alien Resurrection has its flaws, but it also got a bunch of very decent/cool things.

I got a shot at meeting him later this year, hopefully that'll work out better. I really was looking forward to meeting him in London.