Ron Perlman Cancellation?

• Moderators

This close to an event, I'm sure people realise it's very difficult to find replacements, so I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.

Not like we haven't got much left is it..

• Like 1

Well if it's for certain all is good I'll just get either Mads or Famke. Or both....*bank account screams in the background*

If you mean a diamond pass for them Mads only has a couple left at this point.

Well if it's for certain all is good I'll just get either Mads or Famke. Or both....*bank account screams in the background*

If you mean a diamond pass for them Mads only has a couple left at this point.

Hah no I wish. My bank account would have a heart attack if I tried to buy diamind passes for both. I usually just go for photos anyway as I'm awkward and never know what to say 😶

This close to an event, I'm sure people realise it's very difficult to find replacements, so I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.

Not like we haven't got much left is it..

I think most people here are just dissapointed and are hoping that either A. Ron is able to make it anyway, as if by magic (or perhaps by magic?) or B. You guys are able to conjure up an equal big star in less than a week. I personally have a ton of guests to meet, but Ron cancelling (if that happens) is a real punch in the gut, since he was THE guy for me to see.

These are the sorta things that can happen. Atleast I'll have 160 quid to blow on something else.. how's your red light district?

• Like 1

Well ... my Con plans were staggered over three days.

Friday was Gemma Whelan and look round the Con.

Saturday was all over guests but one.

Sunday was Ron Perlman.

Now Gemma has cancelled Friday and Ron has cancelled completely.

Which means my Saturday is going to be very busy and the other two days very empty ... :-(

can I just ask, and im sure a lot of other people will want to know. how quick are we looking at getting refunds for the diamond pass? ive got lots of free time now for more photos so when I get my money back im going to buy quiet a few photos :) not all bad. im gutted as ive been waiting since jan for this. but im going to try make good out of it

• Like 1

i think we have the extra problem of it now being weekend...we know SM dont typically work weekend.

Whilst i may be wrong, i would imagine refunds may not start rolling out till beginning of next week

Quite amusing though... QS told me panics never happen on this forum until Friday Nights, its why the mods come on over weekend. turns out she is right lol

Edited by smithy270492
  • Like 4

in their defence, they probably left the office at 5pm feeling pretty pleased with themselves.

guests sorted, schedule released, magazine sent to printer... i bet one of them even jinxed it with a "we are really organised this year" comment. then only a few hours later... tada! a certain excrement hit the fan

Edited by smithy270492