Ron Perlman Cancellation?

Maybe Stenun wants an LFCC filled with old Dr Who and Star Wars extras :P

That's the main reason I've gone for the past 10 years. I didn't book till some were announced.

You can make plenty happy with such announcements, but you can't make a con of LFCC's status with just that level of guest.

Guests cancel because they're getting steady acting work that gives them money and exposure, this has always been the way and always will be pure and simple.

Mods can I just ask are we likely to get an official confirmation today or are we likely looking at Monday? I know it's a how long is a piece of string question but just wondered.

A lot of people forget that a convention is work. Both in monetary compensation but also as a means of self promotion. Actors are a brand in essence, and cons should be treated in a professional manner, never disparaged or considered an 'after thought'.

Taking part in these events is interacting with your fans in a controlled setting...you get to impress them and be impressed upon.

There are a heap of intangible benefits. You may get more people following your career or taking interest in other work you have been in...plus the long-term benefits of the kind of word of mouth that spreads as a direct result of attending a convention...from the stories, blog posts, photos, videos etc.

• Like 2

Guests cancel because they're getting steady acting work that gives them money and exposure, this has always been the way and always will be pure and simple.

Mods can I just ask are we likely to get an official confirmation today or are we likely looking at Monday? I know it's a how long is a piece of string question but just wondered.

A lot of people forget that a convention is work. Both in monetary compensation but also as a means of self promotion. Actors are a brand in essence, and cons should be treated in a professional manner, never disparaged or considered an 'after thought'.

Taking part in these events is interacting with your fans in a controlled setting...you get to impress them and be impressed upon.

There are a heap of intangible benefits. You may get more people following your career or taking interest in other work you have been in...plus the long-term benefits of the kind of word of mouth that spreads as a direct result of attending a convention...from the stories, blog posts, photos, videos etc.

yes but none of that quite matches up to say a multi-million pound production they agreed to probably way before said convention was mentioned, and has now just changed its shoot timings because said multi-million production doesnt care about said convention plans that said guest may have made...

you cannot blame an actor for a situation that is out of their control, nor do we have the right to moan about them for it. S*** happens

• Like 2

• Moderators

Instagram was updated based on the tweet from Ron and this topic, not an official Showmasters announcement.

Sorry for the confusion. Please still wait for an official announcement on here once it's all cleared up.

Thanks everyone.

• Like 4

I was so devastated that Ron cancelled, that i actually cried. I bought my diamond pass somewhere in february, so i was really looking forward for quite a while.

But after all, i don't think he cancelled intentionally. Anything can happen in half-a-year's time. If there was more urgent business to attend, film related or personal, giving out autos and posing for photos comes second, regardless how many people bought tickets.

So anybody who is mad at Ron is totally unreasonable. Get a life. The world doesn't come to an end if you don't get an autograph or a photo.

Now i only wonder how it will work with refunds/exchanges. It looks like it will be A MESS.

• Like 1

I was so devastated that Ron cancelled, that i actually cried. I bought my diamond pass somewhere in february, so i was really looking forward for quite a while.

But after all, i don't think he cancelled intentionally. Anything can happen in half-a-year's time. If there was more urgent business to attend, film related or personal, giving out autos and posing for photos comes second, regardless how many people bought tickets.

So anybody who is mad at Ron is totally unreasonable. Get a life. The world doesn't come to an end if you don't get an autograph or a photo.

Now i only wonder how it will work with refunds/exchanges. It looks like it will be A MESS.

Once there has been an official announcement, SM will start the refund process. Using Eventbrite this is quite easy for them to carry out and shouldn't be a mess at all. I have had a fair few guests cancel on me since SM started using it and have had no issues.

Edited by Wrong Name

Myself i'd like to exchange this diamond pass for another one, since i am coming to the even anyway. Just wondering if there will be enough left.

Depends on who you want, the only one who's been officially announced as low stock is Mads, here's only 9 or less available for him.

I know its a long shot, a very long shot, but I'm hoping his agent can be persuaded to get him to fly over just for two days then get back to filming. Hoping they don't film at weekends.

I know I know, wishful thinking but I still live in hope until the final confirmation as I will be truly gutted.

• Like 1

I don't want to be rude or anything but i must admit i don't get what people are waiting a confirmation for? When a guest says he won't be there, he won't be there. End of the story. That happened with Laura Vandervoort years ago and more recently with Sam Neil. Giving hopes that things are uncertain until SM posts about it is only misleading and won't prevent disappointment. That could also leads to fans asking clarification from the actor itself (on Twitter for instance) when things are clear from the start, which could pissing off the actor a bit even if they won't openly say so.

SM will probably post the cancellation thread this Monday as it's been said multiple times it's the weekend and they must be busy preparing tthe show already.

It's like you telling friend "A" that you won't attend friend "B" 's party, and "A" still want to wait confirmation from "B" that you're not going, because "B" is the one organizing the party.

• Like 1

I don't want to be rude or anything but i must admit i don't get what people are waiting a confirmation for? When a guest says he won't be there, he won't be there.

This.

Once there has been an official announcement, SM will start the refund process.

Because if i can't see him, i certainly want to see other guest(s) instead.

• Like 1

I don't want to be rude or anything but i must admit i don't get what people are waiting a confirmation for? When a guest says he won't be there, he won't be there. End of the story. That happened with Laura Vandervoort years ago and more recently with Sam Neil. Giving hopes that things are uncertain until SM posts about it is only misleading and won't prevent disappointment.

"People" are just following what was said by David on page 2.