Signing a steel chair

Hi guys

I've picked up a grey steel chair I'm hoping to get signed, but im really stuck as to what kind of pen or whatever to get it signed with.

I'm still pretty novice with autos, so when I've been directed towards using a paint pen, I'm completely out at sea as to where to get one from, how to use it, and even if it's the right answer!?

The chair is grey powder coated steel.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I'd imagine a sharpie would still be ok? But I've never had anything steel signed, especially not a chair so I can't help really! I have heard of people having issues with paint pens not drying on some surfaces so if possible you might want to test it on a part of the chair that won't matter.

I've bought a paint pen once and when testing it thought it was awful, despite rigorous shaking it didn't mix and came out of the nib not properly mixed and hence not a nice clean colour. Others may have had better luck with them.

I'm sure people have said that they use the regular Sharpies when they get Steel case blu rays signed so I don't know if proper steel would take it the same? I think you'd have a slightly longer drying time with that type of steel as well.

I would personally get it signed with whatever pen you chose then spray hairspray over it

would this work for say this - http://euroshop.wwe.com/en_GB/wwe-money-in-the-bank-commemorative-briefcase/W08854.html?dwvar_W08854_color=No%20Color#q=money%2Bin%2Bthe%2Bbank〈=en_GB&start=19

Since I am getting both Edge and RVDs autos on there or would you just say leave it after it's been signed since it's plastic

Btw, sorry to jump on this, but since someone asked something wrestling wise, I wondered about that too.

Edited by Namine

The money in the bank briefcase will be okay without hairspray I think. Sharpie sticks on plastic and metal surfaces very easily.

I did see two MITB briefcases signed by Seth Rollins (2014) and Sheamus (2015) and they didn't look like they were running off at all.

Y

I would personally get it signed with whatever pen you chose then spray hairspray over it

would this work for say this - http://euroshop.wwe.com/en_GB/wwe-money-in-the-bank-commemorative-briefcase/W08854.html?dwvar_W08854_color=No%20Color#q=money%2Bin%2Bthe%2Bbank〈=en_GB&start=19

Since I am getting both Edge and RVDs autos on there or would you just say leave it after it's been signed since it's plastic

Btw, sorry to jump on this, but since someone asked something wrestling wise, I wondered about that too.

Yeah its plastic so should be more than ok

• Like 1

The money in the bank briefcase will be okay without hairspray I think. Sharpie sticks on plastic and metal surfaces very easily.

I did see two MITB briefcases signed by Seth Rollins (2014) and Sheamus (2015) and they didn't look like they were running off at all.

You've just got to be careful not to smudge it when you hit someone over the head and claim your title shot.

• Like 3