Threatened on Facebook

There was someone on one of the Facebook groups about 6pm Thursday evening selling a ticket for £25 (for Saturday I believe) so I reported him to the admins and Facebook as he was obviously trying to sell it for profit. (his excuse was it would cost him £5 to get to the venue to meet the person) I've just checked my messages and got this one from him

Broadwater Guiding:
oh my god your so sad, sitting there reporting people dose that fell good you sad little person

I also go this from his mate, maybe he is a crew member?

Maka Shake:
omg your a freak tranny
hope me and my mate see you the weekend im going to see how mouthy you are to my face
last year someone run there mouth at me on here at LFCC and they got a face full on me in the line toget in
you should be in a circus

This is my first con and I don't feel so happy now :( although to be honest they've picked on the wrong person, I've had a few 'altercations' due to me being trans including physical attacks, also I'm a SIA qualified door supervisor! I'd like to add I've reported them to Facebook and wanted to give people on here a heads up to be careful. I also have posted this on the LFCC groups (as I'm not 100% sure which one it was!)

The post was removed by him after myself and another member confronted him. I have blocked them both so maybe someone can look out for them and see when they are going or have a word with them? I'm not wanting to make trouble but will be looking out for them & I'm quite capable of 'looking after myself' I might dress female, but I'm 100% male!

Edited by tania_twinkle
  • Like 2

Thanks people, I'm nto worried at all, just surprised people are that bothered about making a few bucks! I'm not arriving until about 11:30am sunday anyway so no worries about being hassled in the queue (hopefully!) I'll not make a scene - just point them out to crew! I'll have the last laugh I'm sure. :clap: I used my g/f account to check them out on FB, the first person is head of a girl guide troop and the other runs a sweet shop lol

Enjoy the weekend and make sure you drink plenty it's gonna be hawt! :firedevil:

"Keyboard Warriors" I'm afraid. Sounds like the typical bravado behind a computer screen in all fairness.

You're going to be surrounded by like minded fans and if things were to ever kick off other fans (as well as venue security / Showmasters staff) will be there to stop it.

I wouldn't worry too much, just enjoy the event.

You're surrounded by hundreds of people who support you and your passion - real fans, not internet bullies. There is nothing to worry about.

You enjoy your experience and I guarantee this will be nothing but a laughable memory when you're there. Think how many people are present - those prats will just fade into the background amongst all the amazing Cosplayers and guests there.

:)

Wowza, that is horrible!

Don't let it bother you! I doubt you'd see them and I highly doubt they'd actually confront you!

Plus I think you'd have half a dozen people to defend you! I certainly wouldn't silently walk past bullying!

Go and enjoy your first con! You honestly will have SUCH an amazing time! :clap:

thanks for the posts people,

t5j19u.jpg

I'm going to enjoy the day and might even enter the cosplay masquerade! Hope you have as much an amazing time as I will and make sure you get what you came for :clap::dance::thumbup: Oh and look out for me in my unbelievable Pris outfit (unbelievable as in 'I can't believe she wore that' pmsl!)

• Like 2