Budget for the day

Hi

This is my first comic con and was wondering what the budget for a day should be for water, food etc. I will be there all 3 days. I have a gold pass and there is some mention about a dedicated gold area what is in the area?

Any help would be great

Thanks

Colin

Hi

This is my first comic con and was wondering what the budget for a day should be for water, food etc. I will be there all 3 days. I have a gold pass and there is some mention about a dedicated gold area what is in the area?

Any help would be great

Thanks

Colin

I think the only person who can answer this is yourself... How much do you want to spend that's really what it's about? With a Gold pass, you jump the queue and gives you a couple of photo shoots etc. The rest is up to. Don't forget your in London so anything you buy will be a little bit more.. :smile: Just relax on the day and have fun.. Hope this helps.

Hi

Any help would be great

Thanks

Colin

I personally take 3 bottles of water/juice/fizzy drink to keep hydrated because It can get warm, I take lunch with me because then I don't have to go out and find somewhere loosing valuable time with guests. I take a packet of sweets keep sugar levels up because meeting your idols can be very exciting and nerve wracking. I've gone gold once before second time for this. In the gold room There are some tables and chairs, water if it's kept full, nothing much to it really and I'm sure it will probably be busy this year. But there are many places around the venue to sit out of the way of people. I hope this helps? Edited by ritchyb1983

Definitely bring your own drink and snacks! They don't take up that much room in a shoulder/man bag.

If you want autographs from guests, check the LFCC homepage and total up the cost, bring extra if you're looking to buy any merchandise from the stalls.

It's all down to you and what you want from the weekend. But bring food and drink, that'll save you some money (and time)

• Like 1

For the dedicated gold pass area I'm not counting on more then a place to sit and maybe, just maybe, a bit of water to drink, anything more would put a smile on my face. I'm bringing my own water and some food along for the day, although always hopeful to find some decent food for lunch at the venue, as I can't walk around like a walking food stand while I'm in cosplay ;)

Cheers gang. I know roughly what my autograph cost are etc. I was more thinking food and the essentials. I did not realise you can take your own in. I am a massive bttf fan so have given myself 1 purchase if I find something special. ;)

Thanks

My friend and I have also decided to take our own food. There are lots of places at the venue, but you can budget more easily before you go, and you don't have to worry about missing something because you've gone off for food! :)

Last year there was a water dispenser in the gold room but it would run out quickly and not be refilled in a while. I was also lucky enough to be in there when some bags of crisps and some sweets were brought in, but these disappeared in minutes, so you have to be there at the right time.

I personally always take my own refreshments when I'm at a show as have found the range and quality available is poor whilst the cost is exorbitant because the venue know they have a captive market. For example, would you be prepared to pay £4 for a sandwich which you only like half the contents of.

When choosing stuff to pack avoid anything that's likely to melt, such as chocolate else you'll have quite a mess in your bag. (Am remembering the occasion I went on a summer hike with school and packed chocolate here - yeurgh!).

I always go to LFCC with my sister. We both buy our own water and lunch. Make sure to have a carrier bag that you can keep your rubbish in as you might not be in an area with a bin and I'm not the kind of person that can just leave her rubbish anywhere. If you have a bag tho you can just tie it up with your rubbish in and pop it into your bag and not worry about your auto/photos getting messy.

Now when it comes to a day budget for photos/autos well with me it kinda goes out the window because I may see a few guests that I forgot were attending or I didn't know about and will probably go and get autographs with them all and I may buy some photos as well. This year I'm also going all 3 days so I can have a chance to look at the stalls so I may just end up spending too much. I'm usually very sensible with my money (but I'm not tight with it, you can't take it with you after all) but this is pretty much my hobby and we only do this once a year. Why not go nuts! :P

Edited by Siva

This is my first convention in London and since i'm traveling by coach from Glasgow (9 hours) I usually always stock up with snacks for the Journey and whatever I have left over, I just make last me the rest of the day, although I shall be there for the full weekend.

I usually always set a budget on how much I'm going to spend and try not to go over it, this year LFCC is gonna be a little harder since there's so many A list guests and I'm going on holiday after the weekends over, so i need to budget for that too.

As me and my friend always come in the car, we leave our pack lunch in the boot. It's nice to go and sit in the cool carpark for about 20 mins or so and eat lunch before heading back into the really hot hall. Like other have said we always carrie water and snacks with us, drinking lots of water pervents headaces and there is nothing worst than waitting months for the event to spend half the day with headace.

• Like 1

Water is a must, stated by many others. It's best not to eat many sugary/chocolatey and heavy on your tummy foods, as that will really affect the way you feel the whole day! No one wants a funky tummy or headache on one of the best weekends' of the year, do they? :) it's always worth bringing your own food!

Edited by minchb

I always bring mints so I can have one just before getting to the guest! Regarding food I personally never bring any as I rarely want to eat at these events - too hot and too crowded, I prefer to just have something when I get home, but yes water is a must and there will be food venues there providing a good variety but it will be expensive.