Gold Pass..do or not not..Help

Yeah after reading all yours and everyones comments it sounds worth it still for a GP. I as everyone else already knew you wouldnt get an MJF autograph without the diamond pass, but ive still got a photoshoot booked for him so the gold pass will still be very handy as it will likely get you into his shoot quicker then it would waiting for the diamond and golds to go before the regular photo tickets start. correct?

It has been said that apart from MJF who is only signing for Diamond passes, that Gold will get priority over standard entry. So it is still worth it.

Yes i believe so, diamonds will go through, batch 1 sat i think, then the gold passes then regulars photo tickets. So yes for someone like yourself the pass probably wouldnt benefit you with you not doing many photoshoots or talks, so you can wait around without needing to fit those in, but myself as im booked for a few shoots and really want to try get to the talks aswel as browse the stalls, im thinking a GOLD PASS will be the way to go for me :)

It has been said that apart from MJF who is only signing for Diamond passes, that Gold will get priority over standard entry. So it is still worth it.

Yeah I gotcha. So obviously Diamond get ultimate priority, Gold get in there just behind and standard entry mop up anything that's left beyond that.

Still for a casual con-goer (I don't do photoshoots or talks), £225 is a lot to spend just for entry seeing as my overall autograph spend won't breach the £250 barrier.

I may just buy Sunday entry tickets and 'try my luck twice' as it were...

Yeah after reading all yours and everyones comments it sounds worth it still for a GP. I as everyone else already knew you wouldnt get an MJF autograph without the diamond pass, but ive still got a photoshoot booked for him so the gold pass will still be very handy as it will likely get you into his shoot quicker then it would waiting for the diamond and golds to go before the regular photo tickets start. correct?

Correct, especially if you have a high batch number, you'd be in a lot sooner with the gold.

• Like 1

Thanks mate, appeciate the info. im guessing MJF is the only 'exclusive' diamond guest, so the others like weaver and paxton and lloyd we can join the queues for like the other regular guests?

I emailed SM for some info on upgrading to if alls well ill look at doing that this week with anyluck. will definitely put my mind at ease and also means i wont have to get up and leave my hotel stupidly early on the sat morning!

Correct, especially if you have a high batch number, you'd be in a lot sooner with the gold.

Thanks for all the feedback :)

Gold would be ideal (and it's mighty tempting) but it's just not affordable for me. I'd rather risk not getting autos than risk being out of pocket for the summer.

Now if there were Gold day passes, I may well be able to justify that....

unless you've got lots of guests to meet on the day a gold pass would seem abit of an unnecessary expense.Its usefull if your meeting loads but i'm not bothering this time as i only have 3 guests to get autos from. I have quite a few photoshoots but a gold pass again is not much good as jumping to the front of something that usually only takes a few minutes from its set time is hardly worth it.

Edited by loveamyadams
  • Like 1

Where I have gone Gold before it does take some of the stress out of the weekend, so it is really a judgement on how busy you think the event will be and how much you are planning on doing, although if you are only getting a handful of autos it can still be useful if the ones you are after are the likely to be the busier ones.

I didn't get one for the recent Collectormania for example and comfortably in one day managed to get 8 photoshoots and 12 autographs , however, LFCC is a whole different scale and based on my list of pre-booked photoshoots already, now up to 28, plus a Robert Englund Diamond Pass I came to the conclusion that it was kind of an essential purchase this year for me, although currently I am planning on cramming most of my photoshoots and autos into the Friday and Saturday so that I can have a more restful day on the Sunday and really enjoy (not that I'm not enjoying the other days!) the special photoshoot with Robert Englund in Freddy make up and the talk with Robert Englund and Robert Kurtzman. Other than that, have just yesterday added Catherine Tate photoshoot for the Sunday, so overall it should be quite a restful day, and hopefully will get the chance to go to some other free talks, see the stalls properly, but can still use my gold pass if I need to pick up any other autos on the Sunday that I didn't manage to on the other days.

• Like 1

unless you've got lots of guests to meet on the day a gold pass would seem abit worthless.Its usefull if your meeting loads but i'm not bothering this time as i only have 3 guests to get autos from. I have quite a few photoshoots but a gold pass again is no good as jumping to the front of something that usually only takes a few minutes from its set time is hardly worth it.

Exactly this. Having Diamond passes for MJF and SW leaves me with autos/photos from Paxton, Lloyd, Dance, Glen, Park and McDowall and a few aliens guests that probably won't have massive lines. I was thinking about getting a gold pass to ensure I get everyone but i'm going all 3 days and will get there early on saturday to get Paxton and Dance done so I think a Gold Pass would ultimately be a waste.

If I had 25+ guests to meet then I would seriously consider it though!

• Like 1

I honestly think Sigourney is the only guest who might be a struggle to get a VQ ticket for as standard entry, but I'm going on 2 days so it improves my odds.

I know how busy it can be: Last year (?) we arrived before 9:30 on both the Saturday and the Sunday and Stan Lee's VQs tickets had been demolished. So it really depends if Sigourney drums up that level of demand.

• Like 1

Gold pass doesn't guarantee getting an auto, but it does give you a blooming good chance since you can join any small we queue, but it doesn't over rule when stewards cap the queue.

What !!??

How can happen that a goldpass can't have an autograph ?

If i understand correctly, the line is like 100 people (more or less) with the BATCH ystem, even if they are 1000 people behind who are wainting with there VQ tickets, GOLDPASS can go directly on the line (of 100 people) right ?

Gold pass doesn't guarantee getting an auto, but it does give you a blooming good chance since you can join any small we queue, but it doesn't over rule when stewards cap the queue.

What !!??

If i understand correctly, the line is like 100 people (more or less) with the BATCH ystem, even if they are 1000 people behind who are wainting with there VQ tickets, GOLDPASS can go directly on the line (of 100 people) right ?

Yes, but as Crazyfools says, if the line is a bit long then the crew can ask you to come back later so that the queue doesn't stretch too far into the hall. It's only happened once or twice to me so I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Like 1

What !!??

Yes, but as Crazyfools says, if the line is a bit long then the crew can ask you to come back later so that the queue doesn't stretch too far into the hall. It's only happened once or twice to me so I wouldn't worry about it.

Ok, make sense ;-)

I bought the normal entry tickets a long tiime ago in the old shop system. They are already in my hands. I now decided to buy a goldpass (where also entry is included).

Is there a chance to get a refund for the "normal entry tickets" ?

Thanks for any answers?

I bought the normal entry tickets a long tiime ago in the old shop system. They are already in my hands. I now decided to buy a goldpass (where also entry is included).

Is there a chance to get a refund for the "normal entry tickets" ?

Thanks for any answers?

The response to that is no different than the one given on top of this page. ;) You need to contact the store to check if they'll allow an upgrade.

Has anyone gone Gold whilst their friends still have standard passes? The only thing stopping me from buying one so far is the fact I don't think I'd get all the advantages skipping the ques while leaving them behind

Oh she will lol..it will be a race for her VQT im sure like stan lee was

I honestly think Sigourney is the only guest who might be a struggle to get a VQ ticket for as standard entry, but I'm going on 2 days so it improves my odds.

I know how busy it can be: Last year (?) we arrived before 9:30 on both the Saturday and the Sunday and Stan Lee's VQs tickets had been demolished. So it really depends if Sigourney drums up that level of demand.

Yeah great post GG, it comes down to you and how your list of guests to meet goes. if your just going to meet the star wars guests then you definitely wont need gold passes as they wont be as hectic as say weaver and paxton.

Im seriously considering upgrading, im just waiting to hear back from the SM store to see if i can upgrade to gold from regular entry as my list of booked shoots and autograph wants is growing, so far i have:

DEFINITES/PREBOOKED:

Sigourney Weaver

Bill Paxton

MJF (photosoot)

Lea Thompson

Christopher Lloyd

Claudia Wells

James Remar

Kelly Hu

Sherilyn Fenn

ADDITIONAL GUESTS WANT TO MEET BUT NOT BOOKED FOR SHOOTS:

Tom Savini

Ray Park

Zach Galligan

David Bradley

James Tolkan

Maya Stojan

Peter Shinkoda

Emily Kinney

Tim Mcinnery

Nick Palma, Michelan sisti, Leif Tilden

Kevin Eastman

Road Warrior Animal

i think goin by my growing list a Gold Pass might very well be needed, especially with me wanting an autograph from Weaver and Paxton.

Where I have gone Gold before it does take some of the stress out of the weekend, so it is really a judgement on how busy you think the event will be and how much you are planning on doing, although if you are only getting a handful of autos it can still be useful if the ones you are after are the likely to be the busier ones.

I didn't get one for the recent Collectormania for example and comfortably in one day managed to get 8 photoshoots and 12 autographs , however, LFCC is a whole different scale and based on my list of pre-booked photoshoots already, now up to 28, plus a Robert Englund Diamond Pass I came to the conclusion that it was kind of an essential purchase this year for me, although currently I am planning on cramming most of my photoshoots and autos into the Friday and Saturday so that I can have a more restful day on the Sunday and really enjoy (not that I'm not enjoying the other days!) the special photoshoot with Robert Englund in Freddy make up and the talk with Robert Englund and Robert Kurtzman. Other than that, have just yesterday added Catherine Tate photoshoot for the Sunday, so overall it should be quite a restful day, and hopefully will get the chance to go to some other free talks, see the stalls properly, but can still use my gold pass if I need to pick up any other autos on the Sunday that I didn't manage to on the other days.

Tea belly, just do it, it'll take a LOAD of stress out of your weekend. This is my first one and have booked

Sigourney Weaver

Lea Thompson

Neve Campbell

Robert Englund

Christopher Lloyd

So looking forward to this. I may book some more but these are amongst some of the busiest and will help with the queueing.

• Like 1

Yeah im going to i think soon as i hear back from SM. As QS has said in another thread, i need to wait to hear back from them to see if they will allow the upgrade as ive already paid for the regular weekend pass. hope so though as after reading everyones comments on the gold pass it sounds great and ideal for me to have a more organised and less stressed weekend.

Tea belly, just do it, it'll take a LOAD of stress out of your weekend. This is my first one and have booked

Sigourney Weaver
Lea Thompson
Neve Campbell
Robert Englund
Christopher Lloyd

So looking forward to this. I may book some more but these are amongst some of the busiest and will help with the queueing.

One of the main reasons I got a gold pass was for this very reason teabelly83. Less stress and more enjoyment. You and I seem to have similar tastes as well in celebs.

To be honest, whatever SM say, I would say (if you can afford to do so), upgrade to the gold and have a good weekend - you won't regret that choice.

I am travelling from Basingstoke and this is my first con on my own (been to one before about 7 yrs ago with a pal). Therefore, the gold pass gives me peace of mind that I won't be under duress during the event as I am not a fan of travelling to London or being amongst large crowds, but this will make it all worth it to meet these fantastic celebs.

• Like 1

Awesome, thanks guys, yeah will definitely look at going GOLD i think, less hassle and it will be a bit more relaxed. so far going by what everyone was saying about arriving so far, id have to look at leaving my hotel at 6ish to get there at around 7am with regular tickets to get a good spot in the line inorder to get a good chance of getting VQT for weaver and paxton, however with the gold i wouldnt need to be there so damn early i think going by what everyone says about golds going in first anyway so it would definitely increase my chances of getting in the weaver and paxton line

One of the main reasons I got a gold pass was for this very reason teabelly83. Less stress and more enjoyment. You and I seem to have similar tastes as well in celebs.

To be honest, whatever SM say, I would say (if you can afford to do so), upgrade to the gold and have a good weekend - you won't regret that choice.

I am travelling from Basingstoke and this is my first con on my own (been to one before about 7 yrs ago with a pal). Therefore, the gold pass gives me peace of mind that I won't be under duress during the event as I am not a fan of travelling to London or being amongst large crowds, but this will make it all worth it to meet these fantastic celebs.

Def go gold lots less hassle and if you have a big to do list then a God send.