Forum Meet Up - Saturday 18th July

I'm loving how everyone assumes they'll suck! :)

I'm going to try and make it as accessible as possible, with as much from well known fandoms as I can without making it too easy. After all, no one wants to try and play mastermind when they've had a couple...

well you see... I know that I suck at quizes because

a) i rarely knw the answer when the question's been asked even if I know the answer

b ) i know the answer, but i am not sure and don't want to make a fool of myself so i am quiet

c) i know only some Marvel, Doctor Who and GoT stuff but not all.

Edited by RoryMcGarrett

a) i rarely knw the answer when the question's been asked even if I know the answer

b ) i know the answer, but i am not sure and don't want to make a fool of myself so i am quiet

Aha! But you see it wont be a 'calling out' quiz, it'll be a 'discuss-with-your-team-and-write-it-down' quiz. There will be bits of Marvel, GoT and Who in there, don't worry!

Aha! But you see it wont be a 'calling out' quiz, it'll be a 'discuss-with-your-team-and-write-it-down' quiz. There will be bits of Marvel, GoT and Who in there, don't worry!

oh then i am safe!!

Phones will be asked to be put in plain view in the centre of each teams table so that we can make sure no-one reaches for google! (or other search engines!)

I could even not cheat with my cell phone, I have no mobile internet roaming when I´m abroad :P, ok the pub could have wifi, but yes of course I hope nobody will even consider to cheat :)

Edited by timlux

Two rounds of questions down, two to go, plus a picture round!

I have decided that there will be rounds based around the big themes for this year (BTTF and ESB), as well as a Horror round in homage to Robert and Ken, and a round I have dubbed 'General Nerdlage' (do you see what I did there?!) which could be ANYTHING!

All of the themed rounds will be multiple choice, and the general round will not... you will have the length of the quiz to work out the photos.

How does that sound so far?

• Like 2

• Moderators

Two rounds of questions down, two to go, plus a picture round!

I have decided that there will be rounds based around the big themes for this year (BTTF and ESB), as well as a Horror round in homage to Robert and Ken, and a round I have dubbed 'General Nerdlage' (do you see what I did there?!) which could be ANYTHING!

All of the themed rounds will be multiple choice, and the general round will not... you will have the length of the quiz to work out the photos.

How does that sound so far?

Sounds good Pen!!

So far I have:

PenThePirate +3

Vicky_Tait

StuartG2198

timlux

IamRobster

chrisrus +1

RoryMcGarrett

Wrong Name +1?

MissShell

wangobotics +1

Jedimasterjon

teskothemad +1

danygonebad

redjohn

sazzzy +2?

Vicky

DrBungle +1

minchb

MrFusion

Chazzley +4

Iceman71

KFK-88

Fury +1

Misty86

Spacecadet is here

Total so far of 40!!!! We did it!!!

Extras:

Firat411 +1

KingRichard76 + Dave

Tompain100

Please let me know if you have been missed, would like to be added, or are bringing anyone else. We have an area booked for 40, so are quite close to capacity already, although dependent on how busy the pub is and the size of the area, may be able to squeeze more in.

Bumped again!

Me (Wondermoose) + 1

• Like 1

The Story So Far:

PenThePirate +3

Vicky_Tait

StuartG2198

timlux

IamRobster

chrisrus +1

RoryMcGarrett

Wrong Name +1?

MissShell

wangobotics +1

Jedimasterjon

teskothemad +1

danygonebad

redjohn

sazzzy +2?

Vicky

DrBungle +1

minchb

MrFusion

Chazzley +4

Iceman71

KFK-88

Fury +1

Misty86

Spacecadet is here

This is the first 40 - but I can see things being a little more fluid...

Extras:

Firat411 +1

KingRichard76 + Dave

Tompain100

Wondermoose +1

buffy2k +1

Please let me know if you have been missed, would like to be added, or are bringing anyone else. We have an area booked for 40, so are quite close to capacity already, although dependent on how busy the pub is and the size of the area, may be able to squeeze more in.

Edited by PenThePirate