Natalia Tena is no longer doing Saturday at LFCC

• Showmasters Admin

Natalia will have Sunday Batch 2 up soon.

We are in a bit of a no win situation. We have previously had complaints about the old system of NOT automatically refunding tickets. So with the new system we have refunded them all for people to rebuy them. If they are in an order on their own then the £2.50 is refunded too.

We do see now that this does mean in a small number of cases, if you bought your ticket in an order with other tickets, and only wish to buy the new single replacement ticket (and have nothing else to buy) you will be £2.50 down.

I’ll discuss this with the office, it might be we look at changing the system back to "use on another day or requesting a refund", but I am on holiday from tomorrow so it might be a week or so before I come back with an answer.

• Like 5

Natalia will have Sunday Batch 2 up soon.[/size]

[/size]

We are in a bit of a no win situation. We have previously had complaints about the old system of NOT automatically refunding tickets. So with the new system we have refunded them all for people to rebuy them. If they are in an order on their own then the £2.50 is refunded too.[/size]

[/size]

We do see now that this does mean in a small number of cases, if you bought your ticket in an order with other tickets, and only wish to buy the new single replacement ticket (and have nothing else to buy) you will be £2.50 down.[/size]

[/size]

Ill discuss this with the office, it might be we look at changing the system back to "[/size]use on another day or requesting a refund", but I am on holiday from tomorrow so it might be a week or so before I come back with an answer.[/size]

Could you not have offered an on the day refund or a swap, either for another Saturday guest or a Natalia Sunday ticket?

Edited by andrewrolar

Natalia will have Sunday Batch 2 up soon.[/size]

[/size]

We are in a bit of a no win situation. We have previously had complaints about the old system of NOT automatically refunding tickets. So with the new system we have refunded them all for people to rebuy them. If they are in an order on their own then the £2.50 is refunded too.[/size]

[/size]

We do see now that this does mean in a small number of cases, if you bought your ticket in an order with other tickets, and only wish to buy the new single replacement ticket (and have nothing else to buy) you will be £2.50 down.[/size]

[/size]

Ill discuss this with the office, it might be we look at changing the system back to "[/size]use on another day or requesting a refund", but I am on holiday from tomorrow so it might be a week or so before I come back with an answer.[/size]

Could you not have offered an on the day refund or a swap, either for another Saturday guest or a Natalia Sunday ticket?

They didn't do that because there have been complaints about the swap option. That's why the automatic refunds happened now.

Might not work due to eticket system using the saturday barcodes on another day when they might show up on the system as past due...

Maybe offer a compromise in the future as all tickets would be etickets:

• Those who don't / can't use them on the other days email SM requesting a refund and that list can be refunded through the shop (those who bought only 1 ticket get the full refund including the fee and those who purchased multiple don't need the fee refunded as they have other tickets in the order.)
  • Those who can use them another day email stating which day they can do and the show transfers their tickets to the specified day, generating new tickets / barcodes that are active. They have already paid for the tickets and already paid for the fee so no one loses out and SM still know in advance how many are going to that specific shoot.

I know that option two would need a little more effort on everyone's part but it would solve everyone's problems and it can be done as Eventbrite have confirmed (via email) that event organisers have the ability to generate tickets themselves on the system. They cannot process payments without the fee but as the fees have already been paid they are simply transfering existing tickets to another day.

Just food for thought going forward

• Like 1

Might not work due to eticket system using the saturday barcodes on another day when they might show up on the system as past due...

I can't see it being that hard to make the Saturday tickets usable on Sunday. The whole point of e-tickets is that they are electronic-tickets meaning that most the work is done by the QR code and a computer. All you have to do is tell the computer that the Saturday codes can now only be used on the Sunday. It works the same way with the validation fee. If someone didn't pay it, then they get the email asking them to. If they didn't pay and tried to use the ticket they would be denied, but if they do pay then the computer updates that the code is valid and all is well. Same principle really.

• Those who don't / can't use them on the other days email SM requesting a refund and that list can be refunded through the shop (those who bought only 1 ticket get the full refund including the fee and those who purchased multiple don't need the fee refunded as they have other tickets in the order.)
  • Those who can use them another day email stating which day they can do and the show transfers their tickets to the specified day, generating new tickets / barcodes that are active. They have already paid for the tickets and already paid for the fee so no one loses out and SM still know in advance how many are going to that specific shoot.

I know that option two would need a little more effort on everyone's part but it would solve everyone's problems and it can be done as Eventbrite have confirmed (via email) that event organisers have the ability to generate tickets themselves on the system. They cannot process payments without the fee but as the fees have already been paid they are simply transfering existing tickets to another day.

You could have someone cancel a day who sold 1000 tickets so the few office peeps would have to sort through 1000 e-mails. I think you have to leave the automatic cancellation as it is. I much prefer it to how it was before.

The only way I can think of to stop people whose tickets are refunded from not being able to get a ticket for the other days, is if a batch of tickets were somehow made available to only those people for, say, a week after refunds have been issued. I've no idea if Eventbrite can handle such a thing: whether they can make items available to only certain accounts.

You could have someone cancel a day who sold 1000 tickets so the few office peeps would have to sort through 1000 e-mails. I think you have to leave the automatic cancellation as it is. I much prefer it to how it was before.

The only way I can think of to stop people whose tickets are refunded from not being able to get a ticket for the other days, is if a batch of tickets were somehow made available to only those people for, say, a week after refunds have been issued. I've no idea if Eventbrite can handle such a thing: whether they can make items available to only certain accounts.

Another great reason why the EventBrite tickets are no good... Old ticket was so much better, Guest cancels one day, SM give's Nod and the tickets can be used for the next day, or go to the Sales desk for an instant refund. I have no idea why things get changed and this is Progress? When there is clearly lots of issues? Grrrrrrrr :no: Bring back the little lovely tickets. :whistling:

• Like 1

Another great reason why the EventBrite tickets are no good... Old ticket was so much better, Guest cancels one day, SM give's Nod and the tickets can be used for the next day, or go to the Sales desk for an instant refund. I have no idea why things get changed and this is Progress? When there is clearly lots of issues? Grrrrrrrr :no: Bring back the little lovely tickets. :whistling:
Like any new system there are always bugs to work out when it first starts. To quote Jurassic Park "When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!" It'll get there.
  • Like 1

I think Too Tall has the right idea - if a request for refund or swap day button could be introduce into the eventbite system it would solve a lot of issues that occurred.

To be honest whatever Showmasters do someone is going to be unhappy and I think they are doing the best they can.

• Like 2

Wouldn't be viable - If you want to purchase something through EB then a fee has to be paid. I think it's unfair to ask SM to cover that as it's not their fault but neither is it ours. Event organisers can create specific tickets for people without a fee but not process orders / payments without one.

Maybe an automatic email could be setup thats sent out to all ticket holders requesting they click a specific link that informs SM of their preference. No need to trawl through hundreds of emails, just process the returned decisions.

The forums could be used I guess then as another option, say start up a few subpages that's stuck to the top of the event listing regarding it and people simply post their preference there. Either in the refund or replacement pages with their order numbers.